Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #991
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,342
Damn! I'm very sorry to hear about your accident Jenny, but at the same time glad that nothing more happened. Broken bones will heal quickly, and there are going to be plenty more Dakars to have a crack at in the coming years.

You have earned all our respect to get as far as you did.

Speedy recovery and safe trip home!
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #992
nazza
Trouble

Oddometer: 2,294
Thanks so much for that Nate! Was great to hear Jenny in quite high spirits considering all she has been through. As for apologising for letting us down... pffft no way she has!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #993
Tlepolemus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
This has been the first time I've followed the Dakar, and it's impressed me every second of the way, the drama just in the preparation, let alone the first couple of stages has guaranteed this race a fan for life. But while I wake up every day excited to see how all the fastest guys are doing, I think the story and rider that has impressed and affected me the most has been JMo.

Jenny, you've done an absolutely phenomenal job in every aspect of your Dakar effort, be it keeping in touch with all your supporters and fans, or flying through the desert at sometimes worrying speeds, it's been downright inspirational to see how you've handled all the many obstacles that have been constantly thrown at you. I truly believe you had everything in you to finish the Dakar, and in the end it all came down to dumb luck. Besides, going out on the same stage that claimed Olivier Pain isn't so bad, is it? I know you've said this will probably be a one time thing, but for purely selfish reasons I really hope you do consider competing again next year, you've been an absolute joy to follow, and one of the highlights of the race for me. Thank you so so much for competing, and for keeping such a close connection with all your supporters, no matter what adventures you decide to take on next, you've found yourself a fan for life. Best wishes and get well soon jenny!
Tlepolemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #994
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,786
Sending best wishes your way, Jenny, and very sorry for the rally to end this way. But, the most important thing is to realize you had the courage to live your dream. That's the best thing a human can do for themselves, no matter where it leads.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #995
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,618
I'm so sad for Jenny's heartache right now, but so proud of her effort. She's been an inspiration to us all.

I hope you make another trip to the U.S., if so, there'll be a bunch of folks wanting to hoist a beer with you.
Lobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #996
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Eurosport Video posted to the facebook site. http://www.facebook.com/pages/JMo-Ra...v=484064963223

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #997
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Oddometer: 3,503
That is a bummer Jenny, sounds by the rallye raid radio your doing ok at this stage.
A bit of time to heal and get yor head around things love, but you will be ok i am sure.
KASUYAHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #998
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
Eurosport Video posted to the facebook site. http://www.facebook.com/pages/JMo-Ra...v=484064963223
See the buggy go through the ditch!

No wonder JMo had issues.
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #999
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,066
Quote:
Not Sundance quality video and the audio was painful awful but it got the point across. A friend who's 82 says, "Old age ain't for pussies." Dakar ain't, either.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #1000
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
Nice to hear your voice, Jenny - and shure hope you get wifi access on the hospital soon. Would love to see you tell your story, but most important is that you're in good hands and heal well. Good deal your hospital is newly built and of good standard.

I keep thinking - that could just as well have been myself laying there with those injuries. Dirt-riding in all its variants simply has such risks by default, but in a Rally this is magnified grossly. By sharing so much with us you have made the Dakar shine right into our own homes in Team F5.

There's no way any newsmedia could have done that in similar fashion. That feat can only be accomplished by a dedicated and well-prepared motorcyclist like yourself.

Your attitude rocks!
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #1001
practicalshooter
Posteriophobiac

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by f650dakar_norway View Post
nice to hear your voice, jenny - and shure hope you get wifi access on the hospital soon. Would love to see you tell your story, but most important is that you're in good hands and heal well. Good deal your hospital is newly built and of good standard.

I keep thinking - that could just as well have been myself laying there with those injuries. Dirt-riding in all its variants simply has such risks by default, but in a rally this is magnified grossly. By sharing so much with us you have made the dakar shine right into our own homes in team f5.

There's no way any newsmedia could have done that in similar fashion. That feat can only be accomplished by a dedicated and well-prepared motorcyclist like yourself.

Your attitude rocks!
+1
Old 01-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #1002
Katie em
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:

Thank you Nate for all the Rally RAIDio - it was great to hear the long interview yesterday.
Cheers

Julie
Katie em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #1003
The Cameraman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Hi Jenny,

get well soon babes, from all the crew from Ripley. May your recovery be full and quick and may your return home be as uncomplicated as possible.

Well done to Nate getting the full length interview.

We're all sending positive vibes over to you.

Hugs

Reggie
The Cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #1004
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr

Oddometer: 694
good to hear you're in good spirits jenny, and thanks nate for getting that through to us..
Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #1005
BLINKER 152
mudlover

Oddometer: 224
stay positive. hope you have a speedy recovery and thanks for your sharing and continuing to inspire us all.

a bunch of KTM's and a 1950 PANHEAD
BLINKER 152 is offline   Reply With Quote