Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #11386
Dave Ward
Not enough riding...

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgroper View Post
39 in Bridgetown today, 29 or so in Albany time to me to the coast

Nah, I wouldn't do it Ed. Terrible place down here, rains all the time.

(At least that's what we tell everyone)

I'll be glad when the terrourists leave...

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Dave Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #11387
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ward View Post
Nah, I wouldn't do it Ed. Terrible place down here, rains all the time.

(At least that's what we tell everyone)

I'll be glad when the terrourists leave...

it'll probably rain for sure if I ever get back over that way, wanta spend some time down the southern area of WA, reckon it'd be a great spot down there to toodle around on an old XS650
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #11388
Haggs
Tigre Verde

Oddometer: 123
Finally some sense from the gov.

Might celebrate New Year early and go out to the shed and REMOVE my rego label. RTA/RMS have made a good decision there. Now if we could just get them to approve multiple bike regos on one plate.... man I have started New Year early...
Haggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #11389
Flodder
Flodder

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren hok View Post
Might celebrate New Year early and go out to the shed and REMOVE my rego label. RTA/RMS have made a good decision there. Now if we could just get them to approve multiple bike regos on one plate.... man I have started New Year early...
one plate for many bikes would be good in my shed as well.
Ride safe Flodder
Flodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #11390
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flodder View Post
Ride safe Flodder

wingnuts Bro

git some !

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #11391
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flodder View Post
Ride safe Flodder

When you getting back up this way old son??
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #11392
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,679
Anyone looking for a bike related beat up, watch the ABC 7.30 report!Gonna get stuck into quads again!
sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #11393
Red Devil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren hok View Post
Yeah I second that mate, I'll be removing all of mine today.
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #11394
Ranger Rob
Out and about...

Oddometer: 352
Security CCTV

Hi guys, I need help!!

I need to install some CCTV security cameras at my place. I've had my vehicle done over on the 1st day of the new year and it pisses me off I've lost over $65'000.00 worth of gear over the years and that's fucking it!!

I've worked too bloody hard and had to battle to get my gear and bikes etc to have some deadshit just come and take it!

A few years ago i was lucky enough to actually catch one culprit coming back to my property to have a second go in the same week. Fuck him.... It ended up that we had 5 police cars, dog squad and 2 ambulances come to visit. Quite a scene really
The guy wasn't an opportunistic theif, but a pro with lots of past history.

Now he's a fucked-up has been who is in jail after spending a month in hospital. (I feared for my life officer)

Now that i am getting more mature and have become less "volatile" the whole bashing the snot out of the perpetrator isn't probably the best option (considering i now have a Govt job)

I am after advice from someone in the know about CCTV systems and the biggest bang for the buck.

I have seen all of the eBay listings but would like advice from someone who knows.
  • What type of system
  • Minimum resolution to be any good at all
  • How good is IR for night time
  • Does the motion sensing work?
Please help.

I am all ears

Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #11395
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,176
i know a bit

Swann is good value for money spent
i have a 500 gig hd on a recording option that loops over it self every week ......4 camera's infrared ..with good distance ..up to 30 mtrs clear
i spent in the range of 400 bucks and i added 2 more camera's so another 100 bucks

remember you get what you pay for ...i found the swann systems good value with good camera's
stay clear of ebay ... the spy-shop will point you in the right direction but expect to pay in the realm of 1,000 to 1500 for a good system

here is the package i use

http://www.infronttech.com.au/cctv-s...-cctv-kit.html

i was lucky enough to pick it up from tricky Dicky's on special with only 2 camera's
good luck with it
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #11396
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
i know a bit

Swann is good value for money spent
i have a 500 gig hd on a recording option that loops over it self every week ......4 camera's infrared ..with good distance ..up to 30 mtrs clear
i spent in the range of 400 bucks and i added 2 more camera's so another 100 bucks

remember you get what you pay for ...i found the swann systems good value with good camera's
stay clear of ebay ... the spy-shop will point you in the right direction but expect to pay in the realm of 1,000 to 1500 for a good system

here is the package i use

http://www.infronttech.com.au/cctv-s...-cctv-kit.html

i was lucky enough to pick it up from tricky Dicky's on special with only 2 camera's
good luck with it

A Windchester 45-70 connected to a trip wire would cost about half that.

including backhoe hire.

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #11397
Baillsy
Lets ride

Oddometer: 411
Secure Solutions

Hi Rob,
Speak to Pete at Secure Solutions in Toowoomba if you want a proffesional opinion on it. Thats his Job. Im not sure sure of his phone number but google secure solutions and you should be fine. He has set me up with some good quality gear for our workshop "Highfields Mechanical" and knows his stuff and real good personal service.
Cheers Craig
Baillsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #11398
crash n bern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,192
The problem with CCTV footage is that you still have to work out who it is on the footage and your gear is still gone. Best option is to have it live feed to your iphone so you can keep tabs at all times.

Otherwise put a six foot fence right around your property, keep the gate locked at all times, get some big mastiff crosses that are bred for gaurding. That will stop all but the professional theif who is targetting something he knows you have.

If your dead serious, in my opinion one of the best security measures would be to add a lot of crudely hand painted signs with religious and political rants on them, throw a couple of intruders will be shot dead, amongst them for good measure. Don't mow the lawns and leave rusty junk around the place.

No serious thief is going to even think twice about breaking into the home of a nut job.

crash n bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #11399
Ranger Rob
Out and about...

I'm listening fellas

Thanks Sean-O and Baillsy, and i think Phil . The reason i want to record the guys is so that i DON'T have to scalp them

I quickly worked out that the eBay stuff was 99% shit and after further research also came across the SWANN gear.

Sean-O, does yours allow you to pick-out a guys face at night time? I would love to see some recorded night time image.
I do remember you putting up that link to Dick Smith ages ago but never thought i'd need it!!

Any more input will certainly be taken on board.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #11400
Ranger Rob
Out and about...

There is merit in the madness!
You do make some good points there CnB.

I have had a win, in that my neighbour has agreed to put a gate in our fence so his border collie can patrol both of our yards. That's a bloody good start i thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n bern View Post
The problem with CCTV footage is that you still have to work out who it is on the footage and your gear is still gone. Best option is to have it live feed to your iphone so you can keep tabs at all times.

Otherwise put a six foot fence right around your property, keep the gate locked at all times, get some big mastiff crosses that are bred for gaurding. That will stop all but the professional theif who is targetting something he knows you have.

If your dead serious, in my opinion one of the best security measures would be to add a lot of crudely hand painted signs with religious and political rants on them, throw a couple of intruders will be shot dead, amongst them for good measure. Don't mow the lawns and leave rusty junk around the place.

No serious thief is going to even think twice about breaking into the home of a nut job.