Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #11476
cashelvale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
looking for a new tool bumbag

aint there someone who makes a tuff as gutz leather 1 i seen on here b4 but i cant seem to find it or the name of the guy who makes them

cheers
I've got a Kelly bumbag I'd part with if you are interested - pm me
cashelvale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #11477
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dennis View Post
try getting into town from my place at 5.15 in the morning!!!!

You've got 'bushrangers' out your way Dennis, quick & deadly
I've got 'townies', too fat & lazy too move!!!!!
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #11478
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 668
Cheap Cruise Control from ADV vendor in US

I have just returned from a trip to Bathurst on my TDM. All up about 3,000 kays using the Go Cruise plastic cruise control that clips around the throttle and rests on the front brake lever. It was fantastic, except I broke one trying to adjust it. Fortunately, I had a spare. They are the duck's nuts; I even use them through towns to keep the speed steady, but they are fragile, and cost $25.

I was just looking in the vendors section and found this:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839403

For less that $50 delivered (with the ADV discount) I reckon it's a bargain.
I'll let you know how it works when I get it.
Backonthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #11479
Oldfatbeerman
Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer: 3,581
Scoooters

My wife has expressed interest in learning to ride , I am thinking scooter for transport into town for low costs , minimal fuel , no parking fees , ease of use when dressed in a skirt , etc , etc .

So to this end , I am asking the amassed knowledge ( or lack there of ) if there are any stand out brands in the scooter world ?

proviso.
As I know virtually nothing about them , I want a CVT type transmission , adequate power for accelerating out of trouble and a reasonable start price , if all this costs as much as a DR 650 then they can keep it in my opinion . If it were for me I would be looking for a 2 stroke manual ( Vespa PX 200 ) , but I am sure my wife does not need one that has a power band and gears .
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #11480
dirty dennis
are we there yet

Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfatbeerman View Post
My wife has expressed interest in learning to ride , I am thinking scooter for transport into town for low costs , minimal fuel , no parking fees , ease of use when dressed in a skirt , etc , etc .

Ok Al; that enlightens us as to why YOU want a scooter. Whats the wife going to ride???

7th Day Adventourist & Yassdasafarian
dirty dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #11481
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,270
Kellybag ...... thats it damm it

cheers boys and cash i sent ya pm
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #11482
Dave Ward
Not enough riding...

Oddometer: 1,667
Re: Cheap Cruise Control from ADV vendor in US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backonthebike View Post
I was just looking in the vendors section and found this:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839403

For less that $50 delivered (with the ADV discount) I reckon it's a bargain.
I'll let you know how it works when I get it.

M.A.P. sell 'em, so...

Why not buy from a vendor in this country, cheaper.

Light travels faster than sound, which must be why when I meet some people they seem bright - until I hear them speak.
Dave Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #11483
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,582
Quote:

So to this end , I am asking the amassed knowledge ( or lack there of ) if there are any stand out brands in the scooter world ?

proviso.
As I know virtually nothing about them , I want a CVT type transmission , adequate power for accelerating out of trouble and a reasonable start price , if all this costs as much as a DR 650 then they can keep it in my opinion . If it were for me I would be looking for a 2 stroke manual ( Vespa PX 200 ) , but I am sure my wife does not need one that has a power band and gears .

You married?
davorallyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #11484
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 7,136
Not off topic, but important.

PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL
MITAS E-07 ‘DUAL SPORT’ TYRES: 19” FRONT TUBELESS SIZES

Mitas has identified a potential product safety issue associated with the tubeless seal of two sizes of E-07 tyres. Under certain conditions the tyre bead may leak air which could, in extreme circumstances, result in a rapid deflation of the tyre. Mitas has issued a voluntary recall of these tyres.

The issue affects all tubeless (TL) 19” E-07 tyres produced in 2011 and 2012, in the following sizes:

100/90-19 E07 Dual Sport TL 57T
110/80-19 E07 Dual Sport TL 59T

Please note that ALL stock of these sizes sold in Australia is affected. No other tyres are affected.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #11485
Canary
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Quote:

proviso.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE if you care about your wife do not let her ride a scooter in a skirt etc,etc.

We had a SYM 150cc scooter which was a great little scooter, but there is no way in this world that I would contemplate riding it without ATGATT. At top speed it only did 100kms per hour and that was scarey on the small wheels. They are also reasonably priced secondhand, usually with low kms.

I know that it is a pain in the arse having to get changed out of your gear after riding when commuting, but honestly the burns from even a low speed crash and having your clothes melt into your skin and then scrubbed out is worse.

Makes me cringe every time I see a scooter or for that matter a motorcyclist riding in shorts, t shirt and thongs.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #11486
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary View Post
Makes me cringe every time I see a scooter or for that matter a motorcyclist riding in shorts, t shirt and thongs.
Or the short skirt, trendy little jacket and high heels... and that just the guys!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #11487
dirty dennis
are we there yet

Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE if you care about your wife do not let her ride a scooter in a skirt etc,etc.
Hmmm. am I the only one that didnt think he was talking about the wife?

7th Day Adventourist & Yassdasafarian
dirty dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #11488
Dave Ward
Not enough riding...

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dennis View Post
Hmmm. am I the only one that didnt think he was talking about the wife?

Light travels faster than sound, which must be why when I meet some people they seem bright - until I hear them speak.
Dave Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #11489
oodeano
Some Guy

Oddometer: 997
Quote:
My wife has expressed interest in learning to ride , I am thinking scooter for transport into town for low costs , minimal fuel , no parking fees , ease of use when dressed in a skirt , etc , etc . .

Sure, wife

A friend of mine had Kymco Espresso / Kymco People 150cc 4t. Not the fanciest but could not kill it with a stick. Stolen 4 or 5 times in Sydney, backed over, dropped etc etc - cheap as chips replacement panels. Spongy brakes but not life threatening most of the time . . . Rode it 2 up to Canberra and back - full noise at 90. Rode it down Range F/T and out Wombeyan following me (albeit slower) - and I I gave it a thorough bottoming out - just for fun. About 4k I think. Since he's more financial these days and his business is paying for it he has an Aprilia Mojito or Scarabeo - I have not ridden that.

Antoher friend had an Aprilia Sportcity 200 - 5 years ago now I spose - that was tops. Carmima ended up buying it off him and commuting on it for a while - and it survived that so it must be good. That was much nicer to ride and braked better - about 2500 would buy you one now - second hand. I think they were 7k or so new. He rode it to his parents place in Canb all the time - did a lot of k's. Nice Scooter - much nicer than the Kymco.

Buy a 'Scooter' mag - they have a list of everything available in the back.

Filter for:

Big wheels - 15" or above I reckon - 12"s SUCK.
Styling - some like the old - I like the new.
Required speed - a 150cc is a pain for more than 10 mins at 100 - and some may not get there.
Inclusions - top box, under seat storage etc - bloody handy and popular for the lasses handbags and crap

Having said that about 150cc - there was a recent Aprilia Sportcity One 125 that was in the 3k bracket I think. I never rode one but I'd figured it would be in my list if there was no highway involved - I like new stuff and they are still on bikesales now with 0km
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #11490
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ward View Post
Re: Cheap Cruise Control from ADV vendor in US

M.A.P. sell 'em, so...

Why not buy from a vendor in this country, cheaper.
I didn't know Ron did sell them Dave. In fact I as soon as I found these I sent him an email telling him about the Omni Cruise, and sent one to the bloke in the US recommending MAP. I have bought about 8 Go Cruises for me and my mates from Ron, and a couple of sets of Rox risers. Unfortunately I'm already on my third Go Cruise.
I'm with you; if the Aussie importer doesn't rape us on price, I choose to buy from them. Some stuff is,however twice as dear here as it is from OS, and I'm not made of money