ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #11716
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
There is a resemblance..........

__________________


QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #11717
lentil
All round nice guy
 
lentil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Gunnedah
Oddometer: 7,235
You do now I am these one on the left
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
There is a resemblance..........

__________________
F5 is for wussies Command R is where the actions at!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #11718
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja
 
Storm Shadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Arashikage Clan
Oddometer: 1,489
why is there no water in my toilet all the time? its like its being sucked out somehow
Storm Shadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #11719
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
why is there no water in my toilet all the time? its like its being sucked out somehow
Ya haven't got a straw in your mouth, have ya?

Dog/Cat in the house. Strong winds outside maybe?
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #11720
outback jack
Beastly Adventurer
 
outback jack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Central outback QLD.
Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
Strong winds outside maybe?
What Tornado!
__________________
There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.


CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #11721
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
What Tornado!
I did say strong.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #11722
Jingellic86
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Secret Paradise, Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
why is there no water in my toilet all the time? its like its being sucked out somehow

Sounds like a blocked vent. Blocked sewer vent to your house?
Jingellic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #11723
outback jack
Beastly Adventurer
 
outback jack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Central outback QLD.
Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingellic86 View Post
Sounds like a blocked vent. Blocked sewer vent to your house?
Well looks like someone's going in the deep end. A good flush beats a full house every time!

__________________
There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.


CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #11724
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja
 
Storm Shadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Arashikage Clan
Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingellic86 View Post
Sounds like a blocked vent. Blocked sewer vent to your house?
i dono, pretty new house, were on the lower end of town, im figureing there some sorta suction happening in the piptes, all 3 toilets do it. such the water out of the u bend.

no dogs or cats nev, just a 5 year old...
Storm Shadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #11725
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
why is there no water in my toilet all the time? its like its being sucked out somehow

Tsunami??????, water always goes out before the wave comes back in!!!
Keep the lid closed just in case, otherwise you'll really be in the shit!!!!!
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #11726
D_A
Studly Adventurer
 
D_A's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Central West NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingellic86 View Post
Sounds like a blocked vent. Blocked sewer vent to your house?
If the council there is like the council here they probably didn't put a required sewer vent in to save a few bucks and waste water running through the pipe is creating suction.

Storm Shadow, get onto your local council works department. Fixing this will cost someone more than a few $$$ thanks to them being lazy.
D_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #11727
Hayesy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Point Cook
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
i dono, pretty new house, were on the lower end of town, im figureing there some sorta suction happening in the piptes, all 3 toilets do it. such the water out of the u bend.

no dogs or cats nev, just a 5 year old...
I'm no plumber but I reckon your vent is too small or could be blocked.

We are in a low area and have a sewerage system where it flows to pits which are then pumped out. Not sure if that is relavant but a mass of stuff in a pipe will create suction as oppossed to a bit using gravity to run along the bottom of a pipe. Our crappers had the water go up and down and a few gurgles ending up with low water in them.
Our place had a 45mm vent. the water co said they were too small and inserted a 6-8inch black mushroom vent thingy on the sewerage pipe in our front yard. they taped into the I/O and laid pipe so the vent was in the garden.
Stopped the water being sucked out of the crappers.

If crappers and sinks/showere etc are not being used the water in the trap can evaporate over time giving access to sewerage smells also. It can pay to chuck some water down ones that aren't used for extended times.
Hayesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #11728
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja
 
Storm Shadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Arashikage Clan
Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesy View Post
I'm no plumber but I reckon your vent is too small or could be blocked.

We are in a low area and have a sewerage system where it flows to pits which are then pumped out. Not sure if that is relavant but a mass of stuff in a pipe will create suction as oppossed to a bit using gravity to run along the bottom of a pipe. Our crappers had the water go up and down and a few gurgles ending up with low water in them.
Our place had a 45mm vent. the water co said they were too small and inserted a 6-8inch black mushroom vent thingy on the sewerage pipe in our front yard. they taped into the I/O and laid pipe so the vent was in the garden.
Stopped the water being sucked out of the crappers.

If crappers and sinks/showere etc are not being used the water in the trap can evaporate over time giving access to sewerage smells also. It can pay to chuck some water down ones that aren't used for extended times.

ah, ill pass it onto the rental agency, wouldnt surprize me, they installed all the down pipes into the water tank, with out using any plumbers glue, needless to say when i pointed out the water tank was empty, and there were big holes in the yard where the water was venting, they had to dig up the yard over a week or so
Storm Shadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #11729
Doctor
Banned
 
Doctor's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: The Promised land
Oddometer: 7,659
mod cloning almost twins you want to get that blood pressure under control but Fongy before ya get the power

Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #11730
lentil
All round nice guy
 
lentil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Gunnedah
Oddometer: 7,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
mod cloning almost twins you want to get that blood pressure under control but Fongy before ya get the power

Phil is far to purty to be a mod
__________________
F5 is for wussies Command R is where the actions at!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014