Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #106
Rod
Wacko Ocker

Oddometer: 5,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64
That`s a pretty fucked up comment Rod..

That could be an inmate here and your laughing about it..

Fuck I wish some people would think twice before hitting the submit button..
Ok nev It may be a fuckup comment, this last three weeks I have been to three bike fatals......one was not there fault, the road that was mention is a well kown rougth race track.....the type of bike involed should I say any more your call

"I told you I was sick" spike milligan 1918-2002
07 DLK V-strom
Ducati 750SS
'Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter... don't mind...And those that mind... don't matter.'
"to succed at the island you must be comfortable in the knowleged that you may leave in a pine box" Joey Dunlop ..RIP
www.Austouring.com
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #107
carmima
All Orange :-)

Oddometer: 2,947
Rod...well known rough race track or not, I personally don't think it's appropriate to make the sort of comment you made - regardless of who's call it is.

Nev was right, it might be one of our own here or it might be the mate of one of our own...try and explain that to the person when you meet them at the next ride or round the campfire!!

Seriously inappropriate

carmima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #108
Lee Gunn
Thrilled to the CORE

Oddometer: 3,385
well this is going along nicely isn't it!

Hey Ned - I dont drive my car much any more coz I'm always on the bike these days. Only driven 256,000km's in the current car - I know that isn't much compared to an interstate truckie but since I changed jobs I dont drive as much.

Maybe you dont credit 20 plus years of bike riding as counting for much but I do - and I don't think bikes are "dangerous". 68 tonne of metal moving at 100km's an hour is dangerous

You seem to be taking this really personally - relax mate and stop grabbing at straws- you dont agree with me - its no biggy.

Hey Mouse I've been in a few big rigs in my day and I get the "desire' to just drive over the top of some stupid Hyundai driver who pulls into your stopping zone. There is something to say for sending people back to driving school every couple of years.

The guys at Metal in the NT use to promote the idea that before you could get your car drivers licence you should hold a motorcycle licence first. I always liked that idea

tEaM gUnN
Lee Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #109
Dee-4
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
last word from me on this topic...

No sweat Lee,

If I was any more "relaxed" id be blowing zeds.If you dont find riding dangerous Id suggest your not doing it right, maybe my balls are a bit bigger than yours?

Of the thousands of motorcycle forums available to you, what part of riding a Triumph road bike made you think your imput would be so needed on a ADVENTURE riding forum? Dont know how the Dykes on Bikes site operates but Im guessing its a different kinda group.

I only made comment as I was bored, my lady was away for the weekend + you popped up to amuse us all, well done poppet!

Cheers
Ned

*No, I dont really care what people think of me.
Dee-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:24 AM   #110
Doctor
Banned

Oddometer: 7,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
typical ending for a Suzuki rider
what Nev said
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:25 AM   #111
Rod
Wacko Ocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmima
Rod...well known rough race track or not, I personally don't think it's appropriate to make the sort of comment you made - regardless of who's call it is.

Nev was right, it might be one of our own here or it might be the mate of one of our own...try and explain that to the person when you meet them at the next ride or round the campfire!!

Seriously inappropriate
OK Guy's and Girls
yes MVA's are a serious business single vechical one's involing a motor bike are very close the a nerve for all of us, we have all pushed the envolope when riding and we all FUCK UP some times. from what was posted it was a single vechical accident,.....so rider fuckup where he was from this site and yes where if I see them in person or over the internet I would say the same thing, single vechical = FUCKUP
add a large HP road bike on a bumpy twisty road...... and I bet I am not far from the mark.
and I have NO issues explaining to some one in person IF thay have FUCKUP when riding, for a few reason's
1, every bike accident increases our insurance
2, if they are rinding in a group they have just fuckup a day for the rest of the group, not too mention the flow on effect a accident like that can have
seriously inappropriate...maybe......
now take yaheads out of sand cause some people should not have car keys..........let alone bike ones

07 DLK V-strom
Ducati 750SS
'Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter... don't mind...And those that mind... don't matter.'
"to succed at the island you must be comfortable in the knowleged that you may leave in a pine box" Joey Dunlop ..RIP
www.Austouring.com

Rod screwed with this post 03-21-2010 at 12:32 AM
Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #112
Lee Gunn
Thrilled to the CORE

Oddometer: 3,385
Thumb

I understand you Ned - your alone, bored and have no solutions to offer and your jealouse because your bike is "red" and not a triumph .

And let me tell you .....participating in the "Dykes on Bikes" ride at the Sydney Mardi gras is more adventurous than you could possibly imagine. If you think your balls are big, gees mate you should meet those girls.

Thats why I hang out here - it's safer

tEaM gUnN
Lee Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #113
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
OK Guy's and Girls
yes MVA's are a serious business single vechical one's involing a motor bike are very close the a nerve for all of us, we have all pushed the envolope when riding and we all FUCK UP some times. from what was posted it was a single vechical accident,.....so rider fuckup where he was from this site and yes where if I see them in person or over the internet I would say the same thing, single vechical = FUCKUP
add a large HP road bike on a bumpy twisty road...... and I bet I am not far from the mark.
and I have NO issues explaining to some one in person IF thay have FUCKUP when riding, for a few reason's
2, if they are rinding in a group they have just fuckup a day for the rest of the group, not too mention the flow on effect a accident like that can have
Give it a rest Rod, your not helping yourself.. Seriously..
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #114
woopwoop
will think for food

Oddometer: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-4
No sweat Lee,

If I was any more "relaxed" id be blowing zeds.If you dont find riding dangerous Id suggest your not doing it right, maybe my balls are a bit bigger than yours?

Of the thousands of motorcycle forums available to you, what part of riding a Triumph road bike made you think your imput would be so needed on a ADVENTURE riding forum? Dont know how the Dykes on Bikes site operates but Im guessing its a different kinda group.

I only made comment as I was bored, my lady was away for the weekend + you popped up to amuse us all, well done poppet!

Cheers
Ned

*No, I dont really care what people think of me.

Dee-4 what?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #115
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,447
Well, i`ve at least given it a go and it seems it can`t be done.. To have a thread like this here proves some members can`t contain themselves and hell bent on spoiling it for others..

Maybe we need to have more bannings around here so members finally get the message that if you can`t play nicely, you shouldn`t play at all..

Don`t want to head down that path myself but maybe its the only way..
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:42 AM   #116
Canuck in Oz
you still here

Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
single vechical = FUCKUP
Your accident investigation skills could save the NSW gov't millions.
No chance of an animal/pet running across the road? No chance of blinding from the sun (that has killed more than one expert level rider at the IOM TTs). No chance of a car drifting into his lane.. then pissing off? Love ya work mate
Canuck in Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #117
carmima
All Orange :-)

Oddometer: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
OK Guy's and Girls
now take yaheads out of sand cause some people should not have car keys..........let alone bike ones
you've got some serious issues to attend to there old mate.

And for what it's worth, I don't agree that single vehicle accidents = FUCK-UP.
It could be a blown tyre, or a mechanical disfunction.

I'll use my older brother as an example...he bought a brand new something or other 1200 Yamaha retro style bike...went for his first ride, the front locked up and he ended up in a ditch at the side of the road all binged up and bike trashed.
It was a single vehicle accident.
Did that mean his FUCK-UP??

AHHH - apparently not when insurance inspected the bike, it was a front brake pad that hadn't been installed correctly

Where does that leave your equation

carmima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #118
Rod
Wacko Ocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck in Oz
Your accident investigation skills could save the NSW gov't millions.
No chance of an animal/pet running across the road? No chance of blinding from the sun (that has killed more than one expert level rider at the IOM TTs). No chance of a car drifting into his lane.. then pissing off? Love ya work mate
will pm you my answer I ;m rocking to many raw nerves

07 DLK V-strom
Ducati 750SS
www.Austouring.com
Old 03-21-2010, 12:45 AM   #119
Rod
Wacko Ocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmima
you've got some serious issues to attend to there old mate.

And for what it's worth, I don't agree that single vehicle accidents = FUCK-UP.
It could be a blown tyre, or a mechanical disfunction.

I'll use my older brother as an example...he bought a brand new something or other 1200 Yamaha retro style bike...went for his first ride, the front locked up and he ended up in a ditch at the side of the road all binged up and bike trashed.
It was a single vehicle accident.
Did that mean his FUCK-UP??

AHHH - apparently not when insurance inspected the bike, it was a front brake pad that hadn't been installed correctly

Where does that leave your equation
will continue with PM, I unsettled the balance of the forum

07 DLK V-strom
Ducati 750SS
www.Austouring.com
Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #120
Canuck in Oz
you still here

Oddometer: 628
I have my PM thingy turned off.

I don't want to speak for others or the Mods, but it wasn't your opinion of "being sick of guys using the roads as racetracks and putting innocent lives at risk" that was offensive, I was just the laugh. Even then you still could have dug yourself out with an unconditional apology. Shit, everybody has had brain snaps. But then to try to justify... JMHO
Canuck in Oz is offline   Reply With Quote