ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #12016
D_A
Studly Adventurer
 
D_A's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Central West NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
I just got a big ticket not a charge. Im addmitting i did wrong. Just making application to try and wave or reduce the sustion as i have a problem pregnant partner a 5 year old. And hard ship as i need a licence for work..

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
I hope you get some clemency, seriously, good luck! There are provisions for them to give you a provisional license, but you'll have to be on your best behaviour. If you've been a good little citizen (ie. not caught) for a fair while you've got a reasonable shot.
Good luck!
D_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #12017
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja
 
Storm Shadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Arashikage Clan
Oddometer: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A View Post
I hope you get some clemency, seriously, good luck! There are provisions for them to give you a provisional license, but you'll have to be on your best behaviour. If you've been a good little citizen (ie. not caught) for a fair while you've got a reasonable shot.
Good luck!
1 minor speeding ticket 15 odd years ago is all i got

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #12018
D_A
Studly Adventurer
 
D_A's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Central West NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
1 minor speeding ticket 15 odd years ago is all i got

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
Do your best to sound as chased and sorry as possible and your record should work in your favor.
Again, good luck!
D_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #12019
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January
 
rjf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
a local o e that comes recomended.
As long as your getting advice from someone with experience in similar matters on what and how to present it

Some people have been know to roll into court with no advice and essentially saying "yeah I wuz speed'n, got caught, give us a probationary license will ya your highness". (That doesn't usually end well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
Think its time to hang the helmet up after this.
About 10 years ago I could see myself ending up in a similar situation so made a pre-emptive decision to sell the sportsbike before it happened and get into adv.

I think you'd find license preservation is a reasonably common reason why some here got their first advbike, then enjoyed it so much they don't go back to sportsbikes.
__________________
Central Coast ADVenture bike training courses and 1 on 1 lessons - For details Click HERE
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #12020
Colonial Mick
Nettle Licker
 
Colonial Mick's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Upper Cumbucter West. Armidale/Kempsey Rd.
Oddometer: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf View Post
About 10 years ago I could see myself ending up in a similar situation so made a pre-emptive decision to sell the sportsbike before it happened and get into adv. .
Yes I can relate to this after speeding down conrod straight and leaving one point left on my licence !
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel.
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind".
.. -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - --. .. ...- . .- ..-. .- - .-. .- - ... - .. -
Colonial Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #12021
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja
 
Storm Shadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Arashikage Clan
Oddometer: 1,489
well, i did decide to get a sports touring bike teh vfr, and sell my cbr for that reason, i wanted a touring bike...
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #12022
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January
 
rjf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
well, i did decide to get a sports touring bike teh vfr, and sell my cbr for that reason, i wanted a touring bike...
Too much sport not enough touring in the vfr perhaps

maybe to help you not want to speed you need to over do the touring aspect -



__________________
Central Coast ADVenture bike training courses and 1 on 1 lessons - For details Click HERE
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #12023
woopwoop
will think for food
 
woopwoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Gympie-ympie-ympie-ie-ie-e
Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A View Post
Do your best to sound as chased and sorry as possible and your record should work in your favor.
Again, good luck!

chased???

what do you mean?
woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #12024
Dave Ward
Not enough riding...
 
Dave Ward's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Albany, Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A View Post
Do your best to sound as chased and sorry as possible and your record should work in your favor.

Magistrates & cops don't like chased. Better if you sound chaste, that might work in your favour.
__________________
Dave.
F650 GS Dakar

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Dave Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #12025
D_A
Studly Adventurer
 
D_A's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Central West NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 990
Errrrm ... yes. That would be correct. oops
D_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #12026
woopwoop
will think for food
 
woopwoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Gympie-ympie-ympie-ie-ie-e
Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ward View Post
Magistrates & cops don't like chased. Better if you sound chaste, that might work in your favour.
I had considered that Dave, but the general context seemed to rule it out.

Additionaly the very reasons Storm Shadow gives in support of his appeal for leniency (see below) would indicate it may be a bit late for claims of chastity on his part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
I just got a big ticket not a charge. Im addmitting i did wrong. Just making application to try and wave or reduce the sustion as i have a problem pregnant partner a 5 year old. And hard ship as i need a licence for work..

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #12027
D_A
Studly Adventurer
 
D_A's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Central West NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 990
Well, the term "chaste" as I'm using it is more about being chastened and terribly sorry for having done something wrong rather than keeping one's winky to themselves ... but I suppose that's far less amusing.
D_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #12028
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja
 
Storm Shadow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Arashikage Clan
Oddometer: 1,489
well i think ive been royally chastised, lots of sorrys and will never happen again

ive got the bike up for sale.
ive got a 2200 fine + costs of solicitors and court fees

ive got a exemplary driving record of about 20 years of driving with 1 ticket about 15 years ago, for a small speeding fine.

i need a licence to keep working as i drive for a living
i need a licence to drive my pregnant wife to the hospital etc, she can hardly drive in her condition right now, probably be needing a ceasar meaning 6-12 weeks not driving for her.
i need a licence to care for my 5 year old daughter.

ill have a solicitor and ill wear a suit.

ill see what happens i guess.
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #12029
woopwoop
will think for food
 
woopwoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Gympie-ympie-ympie-ie-ie-e
Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A View Post
Well, the term "chaste" as I'm using it is more about being chastened and terribly sorry for having done something wrong rather than keeping one's winky to themselves ... but I suppose that's far less amusing.
Despite the similarity they ("chaste" and "chasten") are two different words, neither being derived from the other and both having separate Latin origins. Check for yourself. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

woopwoop screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 07:45 PM
woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #12030
Russ
.
 
Russ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 15,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by woopwoop View Post
Despite the similarity they ("chaste" and "chasten") are two different words, neither being derived from the other and with separate Latin origins. Check for yourself.
Jeebus Woopy give it a break.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014