User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
nikolic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Wicked Ride Serbia

Well, Serbia, I'm born in this place, and it's darn too hard to leave this place...
I mean, we don't need visa anymore to leave the country, I meant it's rare to have so much beauty in such a small place. To put philosophy aside, I'll post some pics from my last ride through the west Serbia, famous by the deepest canyon in Europe, canyon of river Tara, by lots of hidden lakes, national parks, ghost towns, and a lots more. If there is someone interested to take a peak a bit deeper, I'll be glad to show you some more.

Being born and raised in the plain, I always get excited about going to the south. Bean preparing for this trip for some time. The plan was to ride from Sremska Mitrovica to Zlatibor
and stay there for two days on a Bike meeting, organized by a local bike-club. Zlatibor is some 200km away from my home, so, I have decided to make a ride more interesting. I've chosen alternative roads all the way to the campground. On my way to Zlatibor, I've passed Cer and Povlen . And on the second day, I've gone exploring Zlatibor and Zlatar . On the way back, had to go a bit round to the National park of mountain Tara. So, end of educational part, lets go with pics

woods and roads of Povlen

in these places, you can find drinking water very easy, and it's not drinking as "drinking" in Albania, where I drunk it and ended up sick for a week! As a fungi, all are edible, but some of them only once .

Curvy roads, with a lots of sand in tights, supermoto just loves 'em!

Slopes of Zlatibor

you can find a lots of things on Zlatibor, but i didn't seam to be able to find a map! So I wondered! Found a waterfall!

portret:

another well

more tricky roads

lake of Zlatar

That was the moment I figured it;s time to go back to camp! Sitting there and enjoying I noticed one of my chain rollers has fallen apart! Tried to fit it back with rock, no luck, so I found a mechanic nearby and he had just the tool I needed! A hammer! Was sad I did't ride around the lake (again, left without the fuel last time), but as I entered the camp, the rain started pouring, so it was a lucky one!

time to go home, but not before visiting Zaovine (Tara)

lake around the hidroplant Perucac (Tara)

Done for a weekend, but not for good, will be back for more! Hope you enjoyed this small part of my country, I sure did, and will more in the future, so I hope...
nikolic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
GreeKKTiNoS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 989

I will be back one day !
GreeKKTiNoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
nikolic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Every time, there's something new, something you haven't seen before. I'll post some more in few days!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
BigMark
Master Of Sophism

Oddometer: 461
Thanks for sharing, it's always good to see that part of the world. Cant wait for some more photos :)
I am riding in that direction should be there in a few weeks.
Maybe you can tell me of a Hotel in Sremska, I will be passing through there.
IBA#40504
Global Wild Card Tag
BigMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
nikolic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMark
Thanks for sharing, it's always good to see that part of the world. Cant wait for some more photos :)
I am riding in that direction should be there in a few weeks.
Maybe you can tell me of a Hotel in Sremska, I will be passing through there.
I'll share you some contacts, and I might get you a GPS coordinates, or better, if i'm free, I'll show you the way... Hope you can drink and drive
Old 09-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,242
Thanks for showing us some parts of Serbia
Old 09-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
BusyWeb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
BusyWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #8
nikolic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here's places where you can sleep in Mitrovica, if you want a bit more quality try at http://www.belaruza.co.rs/ , but if you want hotel in the center of town witch is cheep contact info@hotelsirmium.com . If they're out of beds, which I daut , there are other places too.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
nikolic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, as I have started, it would be dumb not to continue. I'll show you pictures from my earlier rides to some other parts of my country. This year, I've decided to go to the most southern parts of my country, all the way to the border of Kosovo, which I'm not sure is safe to freeroam. The destination was the world wonder Devils Town that I've seen when it wasn't so popular a few years ago. It's near the town Kursumlija. There is a "normal road" to Kursumlija, but I planed to ride drom the capital Beograd via the old road to Kragujevac and Kraljevo which is interesting to ride, and has low traffic, and almost no police patrols. So, the road is all fun! You can see and take a brake at historical sight at beautiful Oplenac and learn a bit of Serbian long history. Who wants to know more, click the link for Wiki!

From Kraljevo to Kopaonik leads maybe the best road to ride in Serbia. Perfect tarmac, great curves, and not so great moto-cops . And I dare you to start a race with one . Road goes beside the river Ibar, and if you start enjoying too much, your tires might get a bit too hot (mine melted)

Some rest, it was a hell of a ride, and there was much to come!

Roads over the Kopaonik are twisty with a lots of great views, but take care not to wonder off, curves can get tricky, and in most of them there is gravel... The fun never ends .

Talking about gravel

On the tops, there is still some leftovers from the winter, and yes, it tends to become colder when you reach the top!

...will continue
Old 09-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
nikolic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

...is continuing

Well, on the top of Kopaonik, I still hoped we'll get to see Devils town before dark and get back to camp somewhere near Uvac (remember I said before I missed it!), but at the time, I didn't know there is no tarmac road from Kopaonik to Kursumlija, and was nearly out of gas. Gravel was medium flat, but seeing no car or man for kilometers, I started to worry. There is no gas pump all the way from Kraljevo tu Kursumlija, and I didn't know how much was there to Kursumlija. On the map there is a town i between, but when I got there, my hopes crashed. I was on reserve and we entered this place

Jeah, those are all the houses there are, and there was no one to ask how much is there to go to Kursumlija, should I turn back, or does anyone have some gas . The place looked deserted! Wait, just seamed! A man showed up from nowhere with a tractor and offered us a beer at a general store! Again, general store?? Where to hell? The last house in the place, the one without the windows and with no door, was really a general store!! All right, he told us Kursumlija is about 20km from there, so I relaxed and we sat to have a bear in peace, and have a little chat with our new friend .

Jeah, the right house is a store!

We needed to hit the road again, it was getting late, and our new friend started making some strange offers...

In no time, we hit the tarmac again

Saved the turtle (remember "on any sunday"? Because the bikers are good people )

After a refill, we got to Devils town after the closing time, but the enterance wasn't blocked, so we enjoyed a sunset in this mystic and scary place. It feels almost as you're in different plain... We restocked with beer some time ago, so we had a private party .

In the end, the guard got to job, and threw us out , so we find a nice place to camp by the road. In the morning we packed and headed up to Beograd again... without batteries, so no pics .

We saved last to for mine rear tire, god bless her soul

And a roast pig, bless her too

Great ride, great road, great company! The whole round something under 800km!
Old 09-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,461
hmm pecenje
Old 09-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #12
Serbchaser
Chasin' the Serb

Oddometer: 265
Beautiful pics. Thanks for the report.
Serbchaser is offline   Reply With Quote