Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #16
Yamaguy55
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Dad
Perfect. My fate is sealed. I'm buying the S10. At the price some are offering it here it really is an amazing value.
I ordered mine a few weeks ago. When yours shows up, give me a shout. We don't live that far apart, and we can compare notes about the new toys. If you're up by the parkway, I'm certain you have plenty of suitable riding. I have outstanding S10 territory around here, I could stay within a hundred mile radius and never run out of roads to try, both paved and not. Not that I will....
Yamaguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #17
Dirt_Dad OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez
If you're happy with how the Vee handles, you're probably in for a big
improvement.
I've lowered the gearing (16/43) on my Vee and was much happier than stock. Lower gearing and a PCIII make it easier to wheelie at and above 55 MPH. But I still want more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaguy55
I ordered mine a few weeks ago. When yours shows up, give me a shout. We don't live that far apart, and we can compare notes about the new toys. If you're up by the parkway, I'm certain you have plenty of suitable riding. I have outstanding S10 territory around here, I could stay within a hundred mile radius and never run out of roads to try, both paved and not. Not that I will....
I've ridden some very nice stuff within 100 miles of Sunbury. Nice roads up there. I'm about 45 minutes north of Skyline Drive. It's pretty, but awful slow riding. In fact VA has such bad speeding laws for residents I tend to just ride straight to WV for all my fun stuff. No end to great riding there.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
Dirt_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 AM   #18
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Dad
I've lowered the gearing (16/43) on my Vee and was much happier than stock. Lower gearing and a PCIII make it easier to wheelie at and above 55 MPH. But I still want more.
Don't we all ?!

I often think about how I could use 10..20.. 30 more HP on my bike
(that's already got 70) sometimes when I'm riding around town or
just cruising..

But then again.. I went on a 1k mile trip this summer, loaded up heavy..
and enjoyed my ass off. I virtually never went out of the 4000-5000rpm range
(under half of what's available) and found myself thinking how
I would have been just as fast on the road on a 500cc/40hp scooter.

And that's also true..

Gimme a new MG Breva 750 and I'm good!

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #19
SpeedStar
XT1200Z and DL650

Oddometer: 528
I did about 200 miles yesterday on my Wee in the Socal Laguna mountains on my favorite roads and was dreaming about when I will do these same roads on my Tenere.

The Wee does surprisingly well for me with the way I have it setup, regularly surprises riders on GS12, GS8, MTS and squids with no business being on liter bikes. I think the Tenere is going to be a huge jump over what I already enjoy with my Strom. Come on Summer '11.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356383
SpeedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #20
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3B
Ehm that's exactly what i meant, the Teere is like Blair or Brown, even when they endured a huge set bump in their road, they still look like nothing ever happened after a small shrug with their shoulders :-)

And i had preload and damping on minimal, to take the Bardenas in Comfort, so it can be set a whole lot sturdier for Tarmacblasting...
R3B, as I understand it, you ride a lot with your wife ?
If that is correct, what are your adjustments on your suspension, front for damping/rebound and rear for rebound ?
Also where is your rear preload at ?
Old Git Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 AM   #21
R3B
Lazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray
R3B, as I understand it, you ride a lot with your wife ?
If that is correct, what are your adjustments on your suspension, front for damping/rebound and rear for rebound ?
Also where is your rear preload at ?
I'm doeing lots off Off-road too so it's alway on 2 clicks from totally open front and rear and minimal preload, when two up i give it two rings from top, the red one. when carrying panniers i go one furter and adjust damping too at the rear 3 to 4 clicks, otherwise it's easy to get it bobbing over potholes if panniers are full of tools etc.

For the misses thats ideal too, but if you ride lots of freeway it could be to mellow for your taste, though i'm still amazed how true it runs even wit minmal damping, the combined braking workes like a dream in preventing fore-aft bobbing if you wrench the throttle open.

Riding tips: . -----www.LazyMotorbike.eu-----
R3B is offline   Reply With Quote