Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #286
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Um, he didn't finish it.
And he never will...Its really a shame because I was really liking it.
Süsser Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #287
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Süsser Tod View Post
And he never will...Its really a shame because I was really liking it.
Anyone knows what happened?

I enjoyed it very much too..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #288
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Anyone knows what happened?

I enjoyed it very much too..
He replied here saying he got too busy and that more was coming. This was a year and a half ago. I call bullshit on him finishing it. I hope I'm wrong.

It's his life and his choice to finish telling us his story or not... But I personally think if you're going to take the time to start a ride report, you have the responsibility to finish it, considering we've taken the time to read and comment on it. Oh well.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report

max384 screwed with this post 06-08-2014 at 01:26 PM
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #289
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
He replied here saying he got too busy and that more was coming. This was a year and a half ago. I call bullshit.

It's his life and his choice to finish telling us his story or not... But I personally think if you're going to take the time to start a ride report, you have the responsibility to finish it, considering we've taken the time to read and comment on it. Oh well.
I'd like to see him finish it, but it sounds like you paid big money for the story
and didn't get the book.

His choice to start it, finish it or leave it like this, people really do get busy in
real life, what can be BS about it? He said he was working in China - if he
went back there he's probably working 15-17 hours/day.

If I was stuck mid-way through a ride report and saw a post like yours
I'd ask the mods to nuke the whole thread, not finish it.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
Old 06-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #290
max384
Disgruntled Student

Quote:
I'd like to see him finish it, but it sounds like you paid big money for the story
and didn't get the book.

His choice to start it, finish it or leave it like this, people really do get busy in
real life, what can be BS about it? He said he was working in China - if he
went back there he's probably working 15-17 hours/day.

If I was stuck mid-way through a ride report and saw a post like yours
I'd ask the mods to nuke the whole thread, not finish it.
I called BS on him finishing the report, not getting busy. I edited my post to make it more clear.

If I saw a post like mine in my report, that would be motivation for me to finish it... Though nuking a thread that will never deliver isn't necessarily the worst option either. I really don't think my comment was harsh enough (or at all) to make someone want to nuke their entire thread, but I guess I could be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

I'm still hoping he'll log in, call me an asshole, then finish it just to prove me wrong!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #291
MapMaster
Human Compass

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I called BS on him finishing the report, not getting busy. I edited my post to make it more clear.

If I saw a post like mine in my report, that would be motivation for me to finish it... Though nuking a thread that will never deliver isn't necessarily the worst option either. I really don't think my comment was harsh enough (or at all) to make someone want to nuke their entire thread, but I guess I could be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

I'm still hoping he'll log in, call me an asshole, then finish it just to prove me wrong!
Well it looks like he exercised the nuke option. Shame, it was one of the best reports I've read on here, even in an unfinished state.

Maritime Meander Ride Report

For Whom the (Wedding) Bells Toll
MapMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #292
max384
Disgruntled Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapMaster View Post
Well it looks like he exercised the nuke option. Shame, it was one of the best reports I've read on here, even in an unfinished state.
That really is a shame. SMH

Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #293
mrphotoman
Banned

Oddometer: 1,030
I found this time capsule that was burred in my back yard in China.. There were many pages which appear to be from his ride report. Here are a few samples:

Dre Parker (original poster) and his mother, Sherry (Taraji P. Henson), arrive in Beijing from West Detroit to start a new life. Dre develops a crush on a young violinist, Mei Ying (Wen Wen Han), who reciprocates his attention, but Cheng (Zhenwei Wang), a kung fu prodigy whose family is close to Mei Ying's, attempts to keep them apart by beating Dre, and later harassing and humiliating him in and around school. During a particularly brutal beating by Cheng and his friends, the enigmatic maintenance man of Dre's building, Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), comes to Dre's aid, revealing himself as a kung fu master who adeptly dispatches Dre's tormentors.

After Han mends Dre's injuries using fire cupping, they go to Cheng's teacher, Master Li (Yu Rongguang), to attempt to make peace, but the brutal Li, who teaches his students to show no mercy to their enemies, challenges Dre to a fight with Cheng. When Han declines, Li threatens him, saying that they will not be allowed to leave his school unless either Dre or Han himself fights. Han acquiesces, but insists the fight take place at an upcoming tournament, and that Li's students leave Dre alone until the tournament. The amused Li agrees.

Han begins training Dre, but Dre is frustrated that Han merely has Dre spend hours taking off his jacket, hanging it up, dropping it, and then putting it back on again. After days of this, Dre refuses to continue, until Han demonstrates to him that the repetitive arm movements in question were Han's method of teaching Dre defensive block and strike techniques, which Dre is now able to display instinctively when prompted by Han's mock attacks. Han emphasizes that the movements Dre is learning apply to life in general, and that serenity and maturity, not punches and power, are the true keys to mastering the martial arts. During one lesson in the Wudang Mountains, Dre notices a female kung fu practitioner (Michelle Yeoh, in an uncredited cameo[4]) apparently copying the movements of a cobra before her, but Han informs him that it was the cobra that was imitating the woman, as in a mirror reflection. Dre wants Han to teach him this technique, which includes linking Han's hand and feet to Dre's via bamboo shafts while practicing their forms, but Dre's subsequent attempt to use this reflection technique on his mother is unsuccessful.

As Dre's friendship with Mei Ying continues, she agrees to attend Dre's tournament, as does Dre her upcoming recital. Dre persuades Mei Ying to cut school for a day of fun, but when she is nearly late for her violin recital, which has been rescheduled for that day, she tells him that her parents have deemed him a bad influence, and forbid her from spending any more time with him. Later, when Dre finds Mr. Han despondent, he learns that it is the anniversary of his wife and son's deaths, which occurred years ago when he lost control of his car while arguing with his wife. Dre reminds Han that one of his lessons was in perseverance, and that Han needs to heal from his loss, and tries to help him do so. Han then assists Dre in reading a note, in Chinese, of apology to Mei Ying's father, who, impressed, allows Mei to attend the tournament.

At the tournament, the under-confident Dre is slow to achieve parity with his opponents, but soon begins to beat them, and advances to the semifinals, as does Cheng, who violently finishes off his opponents. Dre eventually comes up against Liang, another of Master Li's students, who is instructed by Master Li to break Dre's leg. When Liang insists that he can beat Dre, Master Li sternly tells him that he doesn't want him beaten, but broken. During the match, Liang delivers a devastating kick to Dre's leg, along with a series of brutal follow-up punches. Although Liang is disqualified for his illegal strikes, Dre is incapacitated, which would allow Cheng to win by default.

Despite Han's insistence that he has earned respect for his performance in the tournament, Dre convinces Han to use his fire cupping technique to mend his leg, in order to see the tournament to the end. Dre returns to the arena, where he confronts Cheng. Dre delivers impressive blows, but Cheng counters with a debilitating strike to Dre's already injured leg. Dre struggles to get up, and adopts the one-legged form he first learned from the woman on the mountain, attempting to use the reflection technique to manipulate Cheng's movements. Cheng charges Dre, but Dre flips, and catches Cheng with a kick to his head, winning the tournament, along with the respect of Cheng and his classmates, both for himself and Mr. Han.

and another page in his story.Damn this guy has an exciting life!:

Over the planet Aquilae, a group of starfighters flew toward a distant speck. The speck gradually resolved into an immense space fortress, that was attacked by the fighters.

Civil war had struck the galaxy, which was ruled by an Empire. It was the 33rd century. A princess, fleeing the Empire, was traveling with her protector, General Luke Skywalker.

Two bureaucrats posted to the space fortress prematurely evacuated to the surface of Aquilae, and discovered a store of aura spice, a precious substance. The spice, however, belonged to the princess and her General, disguised as farmers, and the two functionaries were taken hostage.

They headed for Gordon, a starport. En route they encountered and destroyed an Imperial patrol and visited a temple. There a group of Rebel boys hoped to join them, but are refused. Even so, when dangerous creatures attacked the princess's camp that night they arrived and prove their mettle, Skywalker allowed them to come with them.

They finally arrived at Gordon, and a fight broke out at a cantina. Skywalker used his lazersword to defend one of the boys. They made contact with the resistance, and were directed to a freighter to get off planet. However, an Imperial spy eavesdropped and the freighter became a trap.

Eluding the ambush, they stole a fighter and shot their way out of Gordon. In orbit, they blended into the Imperial fleet, but as they headed toward Ophuchi, they are stopped and ordered to heave-to for boarding. A firefight ensued, and they fled into an asteroid field. Eventually, the ship was hidden in an asteroid, and the Empire breaks off their search. Nonetheless, the fighter was seriously damaged, and broke apart above Yavin.

They encountered a tribe of aliens. The party was broken up, as Skywalker was attacked, and fell into a chasm; the princess and the bureaucrats ended up being captured by the aliens and sold to the Empire.

Skywalker, however, has survived, and gained the trust of some of the aliens. He and the boy rebels attacked the Imperial outpost on the planet after being directed to it by an old farmer, but the princess had already been sent to the Imperial capital of Alderaan. A squadron of Devil fighters were present. The General trained the boys to fly them and they go to Alderaan, masquerading as Imperial rangers.

The Rebels infiltrated the prison and freed the princess (the bureaucrats were along for the ride). They fought their way offworld and made it to Ophuchi, where the princess, and her uncle, the planetary ruler, reward everyone. The bureaucrats realize then that their companions were "demigods".
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #294
Prettyboy
BFLB

Oddometer: 327
Well damn. With that title and all the hype, I was really excited. Now I may have to use the wayback machine to find it.
Prettyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #295
Prettyboy
BFLB

Oddometer: 327
Aha!
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...d.php?t=618066

Edit: failure. I could only get the first page. This looked like a fun read. Any idea why he nuked it?

Prettyboy screwed with this post 06-09-2014 at 10:24 PM
Prettyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #296
Blader54
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Too bad. I was hoping for more.
Blader54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:01 AM   #297
Frederic_Shiffer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
A good occasion to meet you guys in real life and tell you the whole story :)
Frederic_Shiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:08 AM   #298
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic_Shiffer View Post
A good occasion to meet you guys in real life and tell you the whole story :)
You should get the mods to delete the thread considering it's a fail/worthless now.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:39 AM   #299
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,239
Maybe Yamaha pressured him into deleting it, or he was worried of authorities trying to use it to prosecute?

I've followed the thread all this time, and only now realized the core of it got nuked (thankfully after I had read the good parts).

Last idea would be that he may be contemplating writing a book or selling the story. Perhaps not a Hollywood-level story, but if someone offers to pay for it, it's best that it's taken down.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:48 AM   #300
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I've followed the thread all this time, and only now realized the core of it got nuked (thankfully after I had read the good parts).
He just did it, today or yesterday.