Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #361
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine40 View Post
I'm contemplating two potential routes to get down; the red one and the blue one. One inland and down, and the other, well, just down. The pink is a variation on the blue route. Anything good there?
Peregrine,

the blue route is much more interesting. Specially the city of Curitiba, which I visited once and liked a lot. Nevertheless, the rain is causing many problems in Minas Gerais. Maybe it is safer to go the other way.

At the red route you will find more empty roads that will problably make you travel faster, I think.

Abraços,
Linhares
Linhares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #362
noside
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Boston to Brazil...

I am starting to prepare my bike (klr650) for my long trip to Brasil - Sao Paulo... Anyone want to tag alone?... any ideas... I am looking for travel partners... I am open planning to go by the end of this year (2012)...
noside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #363
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by noside View Post
I am starting to prepare my bike (klr650) for my long trip to Brasil - Sao Paulo... Anyone want to tag alone?... any ideas... I am looking for travel partners... I am open planning to go by the end of this year (2012)...
Hey , i live in south of brazil send a pm when you´re ready to leave best wishes rodrigo.
rodrigo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #364
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer: 728
Non-Moto Related

need a favor from someone down in brazil. Need parts from VW for the GO. the parts are for a 2000 gas powered GOL. I have one part number for the radiator fan it is: 377 959 455H. I also need the fan housing. below is a snapshot of the fiche and i've placed two arrows at the parts i need.

If one of you guys or gals would be kind enough to call VW and see how much they cost, I would be most grateful!!!
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #365
Suncruiser
and Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
South to North.
I'll be leaving Buenos Aires in a week heading north. Uruguay first, then into Brazil. I plan to ride my KTM 990 there for 3 months and then further north. I have no plans and would really appreciate any tips like 'must ride roads', dirt or sealed, must see places, etc. Also if someone wants to ride along a little you're welcome. I speak english, german, a little spanish, no portuguese yet.
Thanks a lot, I shout a round if we meet.
2010 Adventure 990 R
Suncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #366
xxxshiftxxx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Does anyone wanna party in June 10-12? Lets drink

Rio de janerio
xxxshiftxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #367
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncruiser View Post
South to North.
I'll be leaving Buenos Aires in a week heading north. Uruguay first, then into Brazil. I plan to ride my KTM 990 there for 3 months and then further north. I have no plans and would really appreciate any tips like 'must ride roads', dirt or sealed, must see places, etc. Also if someone wants to ride along a little you're welcome. I speak english, german, a little spanish, no portuguese yet.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #368
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
need a favor from someone down in brazil. Need parts from VW for the GO. the parts .....cost, I would be most grateful!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #369
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Places to see in Brazil? Do you have a few hours?

- The canyons in Rio Grande do Sul
- The Serra do Rio do Rastro in Santa Catarina.
- Iguaçu falls and Morretes in Parana
- The litoral Norte and Ilha Bela in São Paulo
- The Estrada Real (Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais)
- Rio de Janeiro city (duh)
- Serra da mantiqueira - Serra da Bocaina (Rio de Janeiro - Minas Gerais)
- Chapada Diamantina (Bahia)
- Jalapão desert (Tocantins)
- Bonito & Pantanal (Mato Grosso do Sul)

I could go on for a while...

You're welcome to stop by in Volta Redonda (120 km west of Rio de Janeiro) and if my shedule allows it, I would be glad to do a few days of riding to show you some of the beauty of Rio de Janeiro.

You can take a look at my blog (Brazil Road Trips) for some inspiration too

Cheers & a safe trip
Raf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncruiser View Post
South to North.
mirantesMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #370
Suncruiser
and Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Thanks for the info Raf, I'll send you a msg when in your area.
2010 Adventure 990 R
Suncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #371
Peregrine40
Tiercel

Oddometer: 67
Recieita Federal and expired permit? (help)

Mechanical issues with my bike have kept me in Brazil past the only extension of my temporary import permit. The law grants one extension of 3 months, for 6 months total.

I will cross the border approx. two weeks past the expiry date. I have all photos and purchase receipts to demonstrate the problems and what i have done to fix them. Things take time in Brazil and getting parts has not been easy.

However, Receita Federal says that my bike is now illegal (irregular), and so they will confiscate it, probably when I get to the border with Argentina.

I can't seem to find out how or if i can pay a multa or do something else to be legal for the two extra weeks. I don't have time to wait six months to visit with a judge here either.

Anyone with experience or any leads on dealing with this issue?

Thanks
Peregrine40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #372
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
As far as I know, you are going to pay a multa (fee) when you reach the border, at Receita Federal, for keeping the bike in Brazilian Territory past the permit date.

However, keep in mind that if a policeman stops you along the way, your bike is illegal in Brazil. So he might confiscate it.
Let me know if you need any additional help.
Take care.

Quote:
Mechanical issues with my bike have kept me in Brazil past the only extension of my temporary import permit. The law grants one extension of 3 months, for 6 months total.

I will cross the border approx. two weeks past the expiry date. I have all photos and purchase receipts to demonstrate the problems and what i have done to fix them. Things take time in Brazil and getting parts has not been easy.

However, Receita Federal says that my bike is now illegal (irregular), and so they will confiscate it, probably when I get to the border with Argentina.

I can't seem to find out how or if i can pay a multa or do something else to be legal for the two extra weeks. I don't have time to wait six months to visit with a judge here either.

Anyone with experience or any leads on dealing with this issue?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 AM   #373
Peregrine40
Tiercel

Oddometer: 67
Thanks for the reply Lucio. The Receita Fed guys up here just don't know their job, and the law is so confusing that no one can give me an answer. After bugging him for a while, he ended up asking me to pay him a bribe for giving me an extension for three extra weeks. I played like I didn't' understand and took the new paperwork.

I studied the law myself. Foreign vehicles - including boats - can be in the country beyond the time limit and without multa in cases of repairs and mechanical problem, provided one proves they paid off Receita Federa the huge costs for parts imported (i did, and showed plenty of photos) and who did the work. Then it's legal and free IF the RF guy wants to do it.

So it's towards the border this morning. Hope the Uly keeps together after a new starter, stator and VR.

Greets.

P
Peregrine40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #374
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Well......great that you are now able to move on.
No good about the bribe issue.
Hope you don't have any problems getting your bike stamped out of the country at the border.
Take care.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Lucio. The Receita Fed guys up here just don't know their job, and the law is so confusing that no one can give me an answer. After bugging him for a while, he ended up asking me to pay him a bribe for giving me an extension for three extra weeks. I played like I didn't' understand and took the new paperwork.

I studied the law myself. Foreign vehicles - including boats - can be in the country beyond the time limit and without multa in cases of repairs and mechanical problem, provided one proves they paid off Receita Federa the huge costs for parts imported (i did, and showed plenty of photos) and who did the work. Then it's legal and free IF the RF guy wants to do it.

So it's towards the border this morning. Hope the Uly keeps together after a new starter, stator and VR.

Greets.

P
Old 03-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #375
leandrorr
leandrorr

Oddometer: 41
Hi brazilian friends =D

Não sabia que tinha um topico para nós aqui hehe
leandrorr is offline   Reply With Quote