User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #376
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer: 138
good quality sprockets

Hey anyone know a good brand for sprockets? Im really tired and pissed off to exchange my both sprockets every 10k kms ,even with stricted maintenance, i guess the brands avaliable for my bike are all fkng rubish, i use 14 tooth front and 41 back , and i have an honda nx 350 , any sugestions will be aprecciate!!! Cheers!
rodrigo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #377
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 278
Hi, guys, how are you doing?

I had a nice ride this weekend with my Honda Falcon. It was about 400 km of dirt roads from Brasília to Colinas do Sul.
A friend of mine took this picture:

Abraços,
Linhares
Linhares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #378
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares View Post
Hi, guys, how are you doing?

I had a nice ride this weekend with my Honda Falcon. It was about 400 km of dirt roads from Brasília to Colinas do Sul.
A friend of mine took this picture:

Abraços,Linhares
That´s a good one ! nice river crossing i have done one big trip nearly 500 ks in january now just doing short trips on weekends, maybe i´ll do something this wknd lets see what happens..
take care
Rodrigo
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #379
msfazer
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hey guys, I'm just checkin in. I'm from Sao Paulo, it's been a few months since i started reading info from this forum.

Cheers!

Marcos
msfazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #380
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Any meeting plans??

Guys , i think is time for a beer , anyone have any plans for a new advrider meeting in brazil ? will be nice share our trips...any ideas???
Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #381
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
brazil postal service
how good / reliable is the brazil post ? would you trust it with your tyres ?
I am starting my trip in suriname then go through french guyuana into brazil heading south taking in all the dirt roads of the amazon. i have heard the price of tyres in brazil is mad and the selection not so good .this leaves me with bringing my own tyres but i realy dont want to carry them. i was thinking if i carry them over the border then ship them from the first city to another city on route. how hard to arrange is this and how reliable ??
thanks kito
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #382
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Tire dilemma...

If you use SEDEX, it should be pretty reliable and safe.
I don't think it's going to be cheap though, so maybe you will end up paying more to ship your tires from place to place than when you would go and buy them in Brazil... and considering the waiting lines you often have at post offices, shipping those tires could turn out to be quite frustrating and a hassle that you could probably do without...

Just my 2cents after 3 years of experience in Brazil.

Maybe the real Brazilians on here can give you a more in-depth advice...

Cheers
Raf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
brazil postal service
how good / reliable is the brazil post ? would you trust it with your tyres ?
I am starting my trip in suriname then go through french guyuana into brazil heading south taking in all the dirt roads of the amazon. i have heard the price of tyres in brazil is mad and the selection not so good .this leaves me with bringing my own tyres but i realy dont want to carry them. i was thinking if i carry them over the border then ship them from the first city to another city on route. how hard to arrange is this and how reliable ??
thanks kito
mirantesMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #383
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
hummm thanks for that .the never seems an easy way. do they sell mitas tyres in brasil ? I am planing on using army speshial front 21" 90/90 and mitas EO9 18" 140/80 on the rear . or is the much selection for a 18" 140/80 ? how much would I end up payin for a tyre of this size ?
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #384
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Posted my opinion on the other thread.
Take care.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #385
msfazer
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hey Kito....

Brazilian postal service (Correios - www.correios.com.br) is absolutely reliable.

I believe that the main issue here is that if you need to ship it somewhere far, you will get there before your tires do.

About the Mitas tires: Yes, you'll find it here in Brazil. I'm from Sao Paulo, you can find those tires here easily. I'm not sure about that in the amazon rain forest region.

About the prices, you'll pay something like R$600,00 in the rear tire and R$400,00 in the front. In todays exchanges rates. It would be something like US$320,00 and US$215 respectively.

Another thing you should worry is if you'll find those tires in the Amazon region. You'll be around some really far places, without any shops around.

I don't know where are you from, but believe me, you will NOT find big stores like Cycle Gear (US) here in Brazil. Stuff turns out to be a little bit different here.

Regarding your potential problem with the custom borders officials... send me a private message. My father is a lawyer, maybe he can explain to you exactly how to proceed. I'm not familiar with this kind of procedures, but you can be sure you have the right to leave the country with your motorcycle!

[]'s!
msfazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #386
gummikuh
Dirt tester

Oddometer: 79
Limited entry for the bike in Brazil ?

Hi guy's!

We just got told that the entrys for the bike's to BRazil are limited..
You're only alowed to bring your foreign registered vehicle into Brazil for 2 times.
Any comments for that...??

Many thanks for your replys!!

Werner+Claudia now in Sucre/Bolivia
Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #387
markharf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
It was two years ago, but I entered four or five times without any issues. Until Oiapague I kept using the same import documents; after that I had to get new ones. Worst thing that happened was that one aduana required photocopies on a Sunday morning with no photocopy places open within hundreds of miles. Fortunately, Brazilians are uniformly calm, supportive and good-natured (those aduana personnel aside), and it all worked out fine.

Hope this is helpful.

Mark
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #388
stcowboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Hi all! After some months reading the amazing experience of some riders here and learning a lot, I found this thread. That was enough for me to sign in.

Don't have a dual-sport yet (you know how expensive they are here in Brazil) so I don't have experience in dirt roads, but don't necessarily mean that I haven't tried with my street bike However, that will change in the coming months.

If any ADVer pass thru São Paulo while in your trips and I can help in any way, please let me know.
stcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #389
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
As far as I know, you are allowed to stay for 3 months, renewable for an additional 3 months, during any 2 year period.
Which means that you can stay in Brazil with your foreign vehicle for 6 months, then you have to leave and can only return 18 months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummikuh View Post
Hi guy's!

We just got told that the entrys for the bike's to BRazil are limited..
You're only alowed to bring your foreign registered vehicle into Brazil for 2 times.
Any comments for that...??

Many thanks for your replys!!

Werner+Claudia now in Sucre/Bolivia
Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 AM   #390
demianfm
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Ibira Moto Point

Hi all,

Just checking in too. For those in São Paulo, anyone interested in meeting up at the Ibira Moto Point today (www.ibiramotopoint.com.br)? It starts at 6pm at the parking lot of the Ginásio do Ibirapuera.

Best,

Demian
demianfm is offline   Reply With Quote