Old 10-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #61
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer: 138
Documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirantesMT
Rodrigo,
Do we need to be a member of this Brazil riders club or is it free as well?
do I need special documents as a gringo to get into Argentina?

Thx

Ops i forget one thing

for argentina i guess only driver license , bike documents and personal documents

i can be wrong, i never attempted before , for brazillians is this. i´ll check for you my friend to avoid a "premature turn-over" on the border i will try 2 call on border...to know more..

i keep contact
Rodrigo
rodrigo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #62
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
locação de motos no Brasil...

Someone from Portugal sent me an email and asks where in Rio de Janeiro he can rent a BMW GS800 - GSA1200 or a Hona Varadero...

I cannot find any place on internet, so it looks like it doesn't exist (yet)...

Anybody here know about a place where you can rent bikes like these?

Thx
Raf

mirantesMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #63
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
Someone from Portugal sent me an email and asks where in Rio de Janeiro he can rent a BMW GS800 - GSA1200 or a Hona Varadero...

I cannot find any place on internet, so it looks like it doesn't exist (yet)...

Anybody here know about a place where you can rent bikes like these?

Thx
Raf

Hi Raf!

I only found these companies: http://www.roadexperience.com.br/pt/home.asp
Central de reservas: +55 11 5531-1424 / +55 11 78835837 ID 9*5434

http://www.alugueumsonho.com.br
11-8855.6860 ou 11-8308-4822

maybe you can make a call to any BMW dealer and ask for this service...not sure if they rent a bike on dealer. (i bet honda dont rent...) The companies above , just rent noisy harleys ...not see any dual sport. again you can call and check

about documents i dont find a number to call or nothing new. so i think best is carry all documents possible. i heard something called "carta verde" , is an insurance. i´ll gather more info. any news i´ll post here. and have the international drivers license , i still dont have . i think unecessary to argentina.

Cheers
Rodrigo
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #64
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo1985
Hi Raf!

I only found these companies: http://www.roadexperience.com.br/pt/home.asp
Central de reservas: +55 11 5531-1424 / +55 11 78835837 ID 9*5434

http://www.alugueumsonho.com.br
11-8855.6860 ou 11-8308-4822

maybe you can make a call to any BMW dealer and ask for this service...not sure if they rent a bike on dealer. (i bet honda dont rent...) The companies above , just rent noisy harleys ...not see any dual sport. again you can call and check

about documents i dont find a number to call or nothing new. so i think best is carry all documents possible. i heard something called "carta verde" , is an insurance. i´ll gather more info. any news i´ll post here. and have the international drivers license , i still dont have . i think unecessary to argentina.

Cheers
Rodrigo
Hey Rodrigo,
Starting to look like our private thread here...

I also found the roadexperience... but not the other one. But yes, they only have harleys, and also looks like they are both in São Paulo.
I really don't think you'll find BMW dual sport bikes for rent. I guess the risks - costs - seguro are too high to be profitable...

Carta verde : I think it is an insurance that you need to buy when you ENTER Brasil, coming from another country... it is the same as the DPVAT, but for foreigners, and you need it for as long as you stay in Brasil. So I guess if I already pay DPVAT for my bike, it should be ok...

I already have a Brazilian drivers licence but I'm still waiting for my cartão RNE (Registro Nacional dos Estrangeiros). It has been 14 months now, since I asked for it... But I still have my European passport too. I guess it will be no problem... and if they don't let me into Argentina then Brazil is big enough, right?

Abraço
Raf
Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #65
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
and if they don't let me into Argentina then Brazil is big enough, right?
Yeah will be a wondelful weekend , with argentina or without! i have a bunch of cool places...good food good beer nice pictures nice rides....

so, you´re up to come to foz on november? lets start to schedule better , you pretend go directly to iguassu falls or make a stop on guarapuava? if you want to come thats for sure will be very welcome here.

keep talking

Rodrigo
Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #66
Fernando Costa
Contemplator

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Ops i forget one thing

for argentina i guess only driver license , bike documents and personal documents

i can be wrong, i never attempted before , for brazillians is this. i´ll check for you my friend to avoid a "premature turn-over" on the border i will try 2 call on border...to know more..

i keep contact
Rodrigo
I´m pretty sure Brazilians need the Carta Verde (insurance) to enter Argentina; I was never asked for it but heard of people who had a hard time with the cops there because of the lack of Carta Verde.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #67
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah will be a wondelful weekend , with argentina or without! i have a bunch of cool places...good food good beer nice pictures nice rides....

so, you´re up to come to foz on november? lets start to schedule better , you pretend go directly to iguassu falls or make a stop on guarapuava? if you want to come thats for sure will be very welcome here.

keep talking

Rodrigo
Ok, I am currently trying to convince a guy from the US to come over and do a tour with me... maybe he'll bring some friends. If he's coming, I will probably have to cancel Iguaçu (except it I can persuade him to go there), but if he doesn't come, I will definitely come to Foz... I just need to wait until the final answer of this guy.
If I come, I will probably try to leave Volta Redonda a few days earlier and check out some other places in the south (curitiba, morretes...) and I would probably pass by your city, so we could meet there and ride juntos from there. ok?

Take care...
Raf
Old 10-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #68
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Costa
I´m pretty sure Brazilians need the Carta Verde (insurance) to enter Argentina; I was never asked for it but heard of people who had a hard time with the cops there because of the lack of Carta Verde.
Hey Fernando,
Makes sense that Argentina would have a similar system as that in Brazil. Do you think that this Carta Verde can be bought at the border or do we need to have it before entering?

Thx
Raf
Old 10-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #69
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
Hey Fernando,
Makes sense that Argentina would have a similar system as that in Brazil. Do you think that this Carta Verde can be bought at the border or do we need to have it before entering?

Thx
Raf
Guys

i have just call to embassy of argentina to gather some info about carta verde. is an insurance and can be purchased on a insurance company . is obligatory (mandatory parameter?) to enter in argentina. Ok..so far so good. i´m looking in my city but no luck the insurance companies here dont make carta verde. I call to a friend in Foz and he told me is a place in Foz to buy these certificate. Plus we need to take yellow fever medicine before enter in Foz.
But , my friend also told me one important thing : the number of incoming motos will increase so much during the event , so all us are hoping the border dont will see carta verde , because the meeting , and is close to the border the meeting point. i will dont spend on carta verde to this trip. if i can´t enter in argentina no problem i have other cool places to visit.

Raf you , and any ADVRider that want to come to Foz , are very welcome here on my house i have everything you need. Just call me or send PM. i can wait for on the road or on a landmark or any place....we can set!

PS: just tell me first how much come to here i need loan some mattress

Rodrigo
Old 10-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #70
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Quote:
Guys

i have just call to embassy of argentina to gather some info about carta verde. is an insurance and can be purchased on a insurance company . is obligatory (mandatory parameter?) to enter in argentina. Ok..so far so good. i´m looking in my city but no luck the insurance companies here dont make carta verde. I call to a friend in Foz and he told me is a place in Foz to buy these certificate. Plus we need to take yellow fever medicine before enter in Foz.
But , my friend also told me one important thing : the number of incoming motos will increase so much during the event , so all us are hoping the border dont will see carta verde , because the meeting , and is close to the border the meeting point. i will dont spend on carta verde to this trip. if i can´t enter in argentina no problem i have other cool places to visit.

Raf you , and any ADVRider that want to come to Foz , are very welcome here on my house i have everything you need. Just call me or send PM. i can wait for on the road or on a landmark or any place....we can set!

PS: just tell me first how much come to here i need loan some mattress

Rodrigo
I will keep you posted as things unfold Rodrigo... I will probably have my camping stuff too... My only problem traveling with a bike is, that I can't take my violão with me :o)

As for the carta verde... maybe the gards at the border will have too much work and don't check the carta verde, but what if the police stops you in Argentina and you are in the country without it? A gente vai pra cadeia?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #71
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
I will keep you posted as things unfold Rodrigo... I will probably have my camping stuff too... My only problem traveling with a bike is, that I can't take my violão with me :o)

As for the carta verde... maybe the gards at the border will have too much work and don't check the carta verde, but what if the police stops you in Argentina and you are in the country without it? A gente vai pra cadeia?
Hi!

the worst scenario is back to brazil...finger cross will dont happen. lets see..
go to jail...no...too much
lets keep talking

rodrigo
Old 10-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #72
Fernando Costa
Contemplator

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Hi!

the worst scenario is back to brazil...finger cross will dont happen. lets see..
go to jail...no...too much
lets keep talking

rodrigo
There are places that sell Carta Verde in Foz, just check whether they are open during weekends/holidays.

You may be not asked to present the Carta Verde when entering Argentina but sometimes cops love to snare riders once inside the country, even threatening to retain the bike until the carta verde is shown, fining the rider etc.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #73
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

like a good brazillian , i will decide to buy or not the carta verde on very last time haha! and get queue lines !!

i´m setting up all here ...lets go to FOZ!!!!!
i´ll make my subscription to event before 12/oct . prices will rise.

Guys i need to know how much fellows will go with me (if possible) to foz and how much will bring camping gear...i´m thinking in make some phone calls on monday to book the hotel. plus i have some relatives that lives 200km from Foz , on a beautiful farm , we can sleep there and comeback rested on monday after a full breakfast, to our homes....well is a plan!

Keep me posted

Rodrigo
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 AM   #74
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Hey guys i want to make an invitation for everyone!

http://www.brazilriders.com.br/index...d=30&Itemid=91

Is from a motogroup called Brazil Riders. Will have a huge meeting in Iguassu Falls. Maybe we can set our 2nd ADV Meeting there?? (ok we still need to find dirt roads )

I think that we can go to Argentina, explore some cities and comeback to Brazil , spend a nice wknd...

Pls post your impressions about this

Rodrigo
Rodrigo,

I've put your message in the first page, OK?
Unfortunately, I can't with you guys to Foz...
Hope, you wil have a great time!

Abraços,
Linhares
Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #75
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares
Rodrigo,

I've put your message in the first page, OK?
Unfortunately, I can't with you guys to Foz...
Hope, you wil have a great time!

Abraços,
Linhares

Ola Linhares!

Thank you so much for posting on first page. For sure will be a huge meeting. Maybe we meet on next time?? Lets find ways to create a 2nd BAMM ?

Today i booked a hotel , make my subscription and started to work on my moto. Looking forward. I will make a Ride Report after the trip. Bunch of cool pics...

Hope meet you soon
Rodrigo