ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
ScottG OP
Razor Sharp

Oddometer: 264
Colts vs Broncos I'm going but have questions....

I have bought tickets so a buddy and I can attend the game on Sept 26th. I've never been to a Pro Football game. We are riding the bikes from Salt Lake City to Denver and back. I have a few questions about Game day.

#1. Is there good mototcycle parking at the staduim? Or is there a good place to park close by and walk to the staduim?

#2. Since we are riding from Utah the panniers will be full of gear. What do we do with jacket, helmet, etc. during the game?

#3. Do any of you regular game go'ers have any helpful tips for us or fun things to do before the game?

#4. How long will it take to get out after the game and on the road out of town?

Thanks for your input in advance.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,834
Well, I'll take a stab at a few of these.

I'm pretty sure there is motorcycle parking at Invesco, but personally, I always park on Speer Blvd near the Pepsi Center in one of those $10 lots and walk over to the stadium. Or, I've also parked at the Flagship REI store and walked over. As long as you purchase anything at REI, you're considered a paying customer and can park there. And there's always something I need from REI.

As far as stuff to do before the game, the REI store itself is a great place to kill an hour or 2, and it's located at this place called confluence park. Great place to watch kayakers, etc.

As far as gear storage, I don't have a clue. I've been to other stadiums (Yankee Stadium is one) that have restaurants/bars nearby that have lockers for rent, but I've never seen that around Invesco.

When the game's over, there are several ways for traffic to leave the stadium. Many go to I-25, but others peel off to Federal Blvd, so the wait isn't all that bad. If you park over at REI, by the time you walk to your motorcycles, the traffic rush will have subsided.

I beleive the Colorado Rockies have a home game that same day, so there's a chance that traffic is a total cluster.... But usually the Rockies will have a 1:05 first pitch and it won't interfere with Broncos traffic all that much.

So other than storing your helmet and jacket, this is all very do able and should be a lot of fun for you.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,834
Just chcecked, and yep the Rockies play at 1:05 and the Broncos play at 2:15 on the 26th. Will be a bad traffic/parking day in and around the stadiums, but it is do able.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
Colorado970
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 900
I'll check...

ScottG - I have Broncos seasons tickets, so let me give the stadium a call and I'll ask those questions for you, a ticket holder can call without having to go through a phone-tree to get ahold of a real person, and they tell you the "unofficial details" also..

Erik
Old 09-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
NoBull
Lovin my new KLR

Oddometer: 256
Broncos

Just north of the stadium east of 26th and Federal is a large church, 10$ to park and they watch your vehicle. Well kinda, I had season tickets for years and these guys are nice folks. If its cold they give you hot cocoa. Its a bit of a walk after the game but getting out of the parking lot is very quick. I dont know of any places for gear storage. However Im about four miles away on 26th and your welcome to leave anything you want at my place. Another good option is to park at the 6th ave and Simms park and ride,ride the bus from there. Busses leave the area as soon as they are full and get out way quicker then the cars do. Cheaper then parking fees too, again not sure where you could leave gear. PM me if you want to leave stuff at my house, Im very close to I70 in Golden. Well I guess I should have asked who you were rooting for first.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
ScottG OP
Razor Sharp

Erik,

Thanks that would be great! Can't wait to hear what you find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexico505
ScottG - I have Broncos seasons tickets, so let me give the stadium a call and I'll ask those questions for you, a ticket holder can call without having to go through a phone-tree to get ahold of a real person, and they tell you the "unofficial details" also..

Erik
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
ScottG OP
Razor Sharp

NoBull,

Thanks for the info. and tips. We might have to take you up on your offer. I'll be in touch later as game day gets closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBull
Just north of the stadium east of 26th and Federal is a large church, 10$ to park and they watch your vehicle. Well kinda, I had season tickets for years and these guys are nice folks. If its cold they give you hot cocoa. Its a bit of a walk after the game but getting out of the parking lot is very quick. I dont know of any places for gear storage. However Im about four miles away on 26th and your welcome to leave anything you want at my place. Another good option is to park at the 6th ave and Simms park and ride,ride the bus from there. Busses leave the area as soon as they are full and get out way quicker then the cars do. Cheaper then parking fees too, again not sure where you could leave gear. PM me if you want to leave stuff at my house, Im very close to I70 in Golden. Well I guess I should have asked who you were rooting for first.