Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #46
moto-treks OP
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Rider View Post
Excellent ride report. I am from the West coast of the island and have travelled extensively throughout the island and Lab.

Great photos. Do you have more??? to post?
Wish I did The trip was a little hurried so I didn't find myself stopping as much as I'd like. Once it started raining I stopped even less. Now, I wish I'd had stopped more often. Not really for the scenery, as in Labrador it seemed to take miles (or kilometers) to change, but because when I stopped, I notice more of the little things and got a sense of how "in the middle of nowhere" you are.

I also missed the coast of Labrador which I'm guessing is outstanding. For that matter, I missed a lot of Newfoundland too. Guess I'll need to return when I have about 3 to 4 months

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #47
ozmikl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Thanks

Great RR thanks
If your ever up there again do Battle Harbour out of Mary's Cove worth every minute.
I really have to get back to NS and Newfy, I like you rode through too quickly.... well there is always the next trip.
Michael

Ducati ST2 Dual Sport Build http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...6#post14187216

Do dyslexic agnostic insomniacs sit up all night contemplating if there really is a Dog?
ozmikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #48
Rangerrat
Adventurer Rat

Oddometer: 27
Another awesome report

Man, I guess that now-a-day motorcycle dealership will not replace a bike tire if not purchase from them. It must be because of their internal regulations, lidigation, safety and ignorance on their part. And of course, you did not bring in any profit to them. I also find it very distastefull, that they will not service a bike if it's over 10 years old. This bull crap, is enough to make you brain explode in anger.....
Rangerrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #49
moto-treks OP
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerrat View Post
I also find it very distastefull, that they will not service a bike if it's over 10 years old. This bull crap, is enough to make you brain explode in anger.....
I've not run into the 10 year problem but I do all the work on my own bikes - just can't find a dealer that can keep a good mechanic. The tire problem is more of an issue especially on a long distance trip. The first time it happened to me I was speechless I thought they where kidding! I mean, who says I should trust the way they handle a tire. If there is a catastrophic failure with a tire, theirs or mine, I'm still the one riding the bike! Lucky, it's only been in the good old USA that I've had this happen and lately, I've been doing most of my riding outside of the US

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #50
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
just found this great RR
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote