Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
FYYFF OP
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,914
Suitcase Carrier System for 950/990 Adventure - HELP

Hi inmates,

I have been desperately looking for the suitcase carrier system for my 990 ADV (60012020100) but apparently it is a vert hot item that nobody has it, and it is back ordered until Nov. 13th.
I called almost all online KTM shops and all California, Arizona and Nevada dealers, but no luck.
Do you happen to know anywhere or anyone who may have it???
I am trying to get a complete luggage system but everything is useless with out that bracket...
Thanks in advance.

E.S.

FYYFF screwed with this post 01-13-2011 at 08:41 PM
FYYFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
BikeSDP
Reluctantly Crouched

Oddometer: 495
FWIW, I found that ADV Vendor Cyclenutz had at least 1 of the Hepco-Becker racks. I'm going the soft bag route though...
BikeSDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer: 497
I guess the Giant Loop system would be stand alone but if you went with the Wolfman saddlebags.....you would need some kind of protection.....right?
'14 KTM 350XCF-W

ekms377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
BikeSDP
Reluctantly Crouched

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekms377
I guess the Giant Loop system would be stand alone but if you went with the Wolfman saddlebags.....you would need some kind of protection.....right?
Not sure if the OP wants to run Wolfman, but I threw it out there that the HB racks were available. The Wolfman Dry Bags will fit the HB rack with the "other" kit.
BikeSDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
FYYFF OP
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,914
Thanks for all the replies. I found one in the link from vendor's page in Texas. Hope it will work out.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hababam
Hi inmates,

I have been desperately looking for the suitcase carrier system for my 990 ADV (60012020100) but apparently it is a vert hot item that nobody has it, and it is back ordered until Nov. 13th.
I called almost all online KTM shops and all California, Arizona and Nevada dealers, but no luck.
Do you happen to know anywhere or anyone who may have it???
I am trying to get a complete luggage system but everything is useless with out that bracket...
Thanks in advance.

Ersin S.
I had this same issue a few weeks ago and was told the same thing about being back-ordered until early November. My dealer ordered the "KTM" rack anyway (I know it's really made by Hepco Becker) but also ordered the equivalent rack from Hepco Becker's US distributer, figuring one of them might come in sooner than the other.

Meanwhile, a week later I also ordered the KTM Gobi cases for my 990. During that second trip to the shop, my dealer then told me about these "issues" they were having with the Hepco Becker racks not being the correct size and needing shims/spacers to make them fit with the Gobi cases (and even WITH the shims, the cases would rattle in the racks). He said that H-B was not going to distribute them until they fixed the problem. On the flip side, he then said that KTM had moved their delivery time up about two weeks for the rack (to late October).

Then last week I get a call from the shop saying the cases had arrived. I drove down there to get them and not only were the cases there, but also the "back-ordered" KTM rack had mysteriously arrived as well!

So keep trying, they may come sooner than you think.

My 990 is now sporting it's svelte cinder block profile running down the highway!

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,742
Try www.ktmworld.com in Alanta Ga. I Had the best service from them. parts are cheaper than any were else, . they dont even sale the bigger ktm (990,950 ect. but they carry the parts, and things that have been beck orderd every were else, they have or get in a few days.
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,636
+10

I'd have to agree with forrestrider (in regard to KTMWorld). I have had great experience(s) with them.

And...yes...more times than not, they tend to be the least expensive.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider
Try www.ktmworld.com in Alanta Ga ... they dont even sale the bigger ktm (990,950 ect ...
They used to carry LC8's cause I bought the last 950 SE they had
They had a leftover SuperDuke there 2wks ago when I was there
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote