ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,475
Saturday 09/18/10

Howdy,

I'm thinking of a semi-solo day ride this upcoming Saturday and am looking for tips. I say semi-solo, because a friend who was supposed to go with me, can only spare a few hours, so he will be only doing Keene, Nh to Quechee, VT, Woodstock,VT and the surroundings. I, however, would like to put on 300-400 miles. I have the option of either going with him to Quechee and then taking off myself, or doing some solo riding and then meeting him in Quechee in the afternoon.
Initially, I thought of hitting Rte 32 South to go to Athol, MA, then take the Mohawk trail towards NY, hit Alabany, NY, go up Rte 67/Rte 22 to Hampton, cross over to Rutland, Vt, drive Mt Killington, then Woodstock, Quechee, and head down to Lebanon, NH and back to Keene on Rte 10/ Rte 123. The other option is to go down from Quechee on Rte 106 to Rte 11, hit Jamaica, Townshend (reservoir) and take Rte 30 to Keene.

Of course, except Quechee, all routes are open to change based on your suggestions. I'm leaning towards leaving early and getting the bulk of the riding done before meeting up in Quechee.

So, hit me with your ideas and suggestions. Since I'm looking for miles, I'd like some country roads, gravel, and backroads. No highways if possible. Anyone wants to join up?
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,849
Not in Ride Reports, moved to RF: Northeast.