Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #316
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
Hi Bundy - After an embarrassingly long time, I got to go on a bit of a ride with the new seat on my 2007 KLX 250. Short answer is I love it and would recommend it to anyone. I have a few issues that may not be issues to any one else.

I installed the seat at the same time I put on a new Clark tank, lowering links, and new k270s (instead of very streetish Scorpions).

I simple could not get the front slot on the seat to capture the mount on the back of the tank. I know this is my original pan, so I assume it is an issue with the tank. The ripple effect means the body work that slides under the seat near the tank doesn't. Seems to be just cosmetic, the seat is well captured by the tab in the middle of the seat.

It also seems a little higher than stock, but that may be the new tires.

When I first started on the ride, I was worried. The seat felt pretty hard. But it's a little wider, and pretty soon it just sort of disappeared. That NEVER happened with the stock seat. I even rode it for two hours straight on long straight boring roads and felt fine.

All in all, a really good mod for this bike, I'm happy I did it, and would recommend it to anyone else.

Thanks again.

Mark G
Thanks Mark!

Glad you like it!
As far as the tank fitment, I am at a loss. That is your OEM seat pan, so everything should fit just like OEM. It must be a problem with the tank somehow.

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #317
Bill102M
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
KLR650 Seat

I just received my new seat from Seat Concepts and got it stapled up to the pan. I went out today for the first ride of the season and the seat is fantastic. First time since I had the bike, I rode for 2.5 hours and could have carried on for another 2.5 hours. Excellet product, works well and looks comparable to seats costing 2 or 3 times the price.
Bill102M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #318
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
I just got a seat for my 530. I wish I had seen your free shipping offer before I ordered it. Oh well, I'll be getting one for my 690 and 950 soon and will take advantage of your offer then.
Great seat! Looking forward to a comfortable season.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #319
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
Looks like around $47.00 for a KLR seat ( just used for reference), but my loss is your gain,
because ADV inmates get free shipping to the continental us, so take $15.00 off of that!

Bundy
Dumb question but whats the difference between carbon and embossed? Also what to do to take advantage of the shipping deal when I order?
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #320
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,771
Ive got the tall/soft kit on my DRZe,its the medium firm and seems very comfy so far. Excellent customer service and a high quality product.
Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #321
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Dumb question but whats the difference between carbon and embossed? Also what to do to take advantage of the shipping deal when I order?
For the shipping, I would need to invoice you through paypal.

The XR650 pics posted on the page before this one has an all carbon fiber cover.

This is Embossed, simply just a black vinyl with with little dimples formed into the surface.

Hope this helps,

Bundy

Old 04-10-2011, 05:58 AM   #322
RamMan4x4
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Great job on the new website!!
08 Suzuki DR 650 - 15k, FCR-MX, GSXR-40F0, Header mod, TKC80, SC Seat, PWD Skid Plate, TCI Rack, TCI HL Guard, Wolfman Wolf Tail, DR250 TL, Ulysses Windscreen and Turn Signals, IMS tank, Raptor Petcock, GL Coyote and Fandango Bags, MR Tie Downs
RamMan4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #323
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
For the shipping, I would need to invoice you through paypal.
I just PM'd you with my info. Ready to pull the trigger.
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #324
angrywhiteguy
i wanna ride!

Oddometer: 154
How much wider is it over stock?
angrywhiteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #325
angrywhiteguy
i wanna ride!

Sorry....for the f 800 gs
Old 04-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #326
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,586
Have installed the seat on a KTM 950 ADV and it is a fine looking seat that gets the feet on the ground easier due to the step-down. At 6'2" I didn't need the drop, but it is nice just the same.

Still need to test it on a long haul as I haven't ridden more than a couple of hundred miles on any give day, so far.

There are a series of ten or so 300 - 500 mile days coming in the near future and I'll report back on the long range comfort. Eighteen states and a feral, er, federal district over a couple of weeks. First long trip on the 950.

The most I've ridden in a day is 1187 miles, and that was tough. I've done many 500+ mile days on various bikes and seat brands over the years and have a pretty good reference database built up, on my butt.

Looking forward to reaping the ass-happiness that has been reported by so many others with this seat.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #327
gwl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Drz 400

I have been looking at your seats and am very interested. How much wider is your low seat compared to a stock seat? If you do not have a stock seat just how wide at the widest point is your low dual sport comfort seat? Thank you Greg
gwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #328
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwl View Post
I have been looking at your seats and am very interested. How much wider is your low seat compared to a stock seat? If you do not have a stock seat just how wide at the widest point is your low dual sport comfort seat? Thank you Greg
9 inchs........

Bundy

Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #329
angrywhiteguy
i wanna ride!

how wide is the seat for the f 800 gs at he seating area and widest point?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #330
thinker
Simple is Better

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrywhiteguy View Post
how wide is the seat for the f 800 gs at he seating area and widest point?
maybe this will help......... don't mind the wrinkle, it was from shipping and is gone now...