User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #481
crumvoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
KLR low seat

Just received it and installed on pan. Taking the old cover/foam off was the most time consuming part of the process. New foam is much more dense than the oem foam. Cover seems well made. I estimate that the low seat moved my butt about an inch closer to terra firma. Just enough for me. I feel much more stable at rest. The biggest difference is going from a seat you straddle to one you sit on top of. Very firm seat, but not at all uncomfortable. Think Mercedes Benz seat as compared to a... Vega. Both are seats. One is better. I'm going to take a longer ride here in southern idaho tomorrow and get a better idea of longer ride comfort.
crumvoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #482
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,954
Thumb

...my TE610 seat goes out Monday Mr. Bundy!

Rapid Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #483
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumvoc View Post
not at all uncomfortable. Think Mercedes Benz seat as compared to a... Vega. Both are seats. One is better. ride

I went from a 1961 Mercedes to a 1974 Vega (Car of the Year!!!!)

I'm trying to remember the difference in seats.

I can't.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #484
crumvoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Took a 200 mile ride yesterday and I have to say the seat concepts kits is much more comfortable than the oem. At the end of the trip no problems sitting at all. Now I know why cowboys ride saddles and not padded 2x4's.
crumvoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #485
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,107
I love my Seat Concepts seat! Install was easy and it looks awesome!.

Thanks,
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #486
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Thumb

...got mine for the TE yesterday. Quick turnaround, big improvement as usual.
pics to come......

Old 09-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #487
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Most likely a silly question. But does the DR650 seat work on the Suzuki Gel seat as well? I'm asuming it has the same seat pan as the stock seat, just different foam, gel, and cover? That's what I'm currently dealing with as a torture device as my bike came with it when I purchased it. And I'm in dire need to improve it.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #488
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier_runner View Post
Most likely a silly question. But does the DR650 seat work on the Suzuki Gel seat as well? I'm asuming it has the same seat pan as the stock seat, just different foam, gel, and cover? That's what I'm currently dealing with as a torture device as my bike came with it when I purchased it. And I'm in dire need to improve it.
Yes, it is the same pan as the stock seat,

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #489
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Thumb HuskyTEbutthappy

....nice, soooo much better than the stocker...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #490
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Gonna place an order tomorrow, and I've seen a "free shipping discount" mentioned a few spots in this thread for ADV riders. Is this still in effect? If so how applied? Thanks alot, can't wait to order.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #491
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier_runner View Post
Gonna place an order tomorrow, and I've seen a "free shipping discount" mentioned a few spots in this thread for ADV riders. Is this still in effect? If so how applied? Thanks alot, can't wait to order.
They way it works is at purchase, you drop a line in the comments section upon checkout that you are a ADV inmate, and we refund the shipping.

hope this helps

Bundy.

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #492
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Done and done!

Order is placed! Can't wait to get my hands on it!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #493
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 864
Hey Mr Bundy
Just wanted to tell you and the others that dont have your seat yet that it is great. Ive been useing it for about 6k miles now and am very happy. Im an older and rounder kind of guy and sit alot. My ass thanks you.
the cover is holding up very well despite all the boot drags and fall downs. Great proiduct at a fair price
it was fun meeting you at Kings...didnt get to ride with you cause you are fast and I am slow but good to drink a beer with you
thanks
Bob
bobzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #494
Nnordsman
Nnordsman

Oddometer: 297
Thank You

I shipped a KLR pan to SeatConcepts in early August because I did not trust myself to the upholstery. I am very pleased with the product, and I have put enough miles on it to feel I give a fair review.

Pros: From the day I shipped the seat pan, until I had the completed seat back in my hands was seven or eight days. I was, and am, very impressed with the turn-around time. A couple days after recieving the seat I did a 3000 mile trip inclusive of two, five-hundred mile days and about 40% off-road. On road, and off, the seat is outstanding. I am about 225 in gear, with a 32.5 in-seam. I ordered the firm foam (might rethink that if I had it to do over, then again I might not). The firm is firm, not Corbin hard, but firm. A riding buddy has the standard height Sargent. It is softer and lower, but I would not think about trading. I really like the seat alot. This is a solid product and the service was better than what I have gotten from a large number of other vendors I deal with. I have a total of 4000 miles on the seat and the foam is just breaking in. I will eventually get one of their seats for my DL1000.

Con: I went from flatfooting the KLR to being a little better than on the balls of my feet. Not surprisingly, the firm is well,.., firm. I am just shy of 6'2" so I ride pretty far back on the seat. The side bolsters where the seat squares-off and flattens out probably start a little far forward for my taste. If the squared-sides started about 3-4" further back, or tapered a little at the front what is already a really great seat would be marginally better. Because of the height I have put some scratches on the vinyl from throwing my leg over. (My coordination level is not a vendor shortcoming.)

PS: I am not affiliated with company in any way shape or form.
Nnordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #495
PMC
riding rider

Oddometer: 795
I have a custom SC seat on my 1999 KTM 640 Adv and it's an ass saver. I got it a bit taller than stock which is awesome other than it's a bioch to get your leg over a 39 inch high seat when the bike is loaded for camping (But I can totally live it with )

So multiple 8-10 hour days of saddle time in and this thing is great. Back to back big mile days are no longer an issue with this seat.
Thanks for the wicked fast turnaound and great product!
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote