ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #1156
jjchopper02
Orange Brigade
 
jjchopper02's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Western Pa.
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJE View Post
When installing the seat yourself, do you glue the foam to the pan, and then glue the cover to the foam? And how long are the staples?

Cheers!

Search Seat Concepts on Youtube. There's how to videos on there. You just use a little spray glue to hold the foam in place to the seat pan. No glue at cover to foam. 1/4" staples.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
" Do one thing every day that scares you "


Kurt Caselli
jjchopper02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #1157
jjchopper02
Orange Brigade
 
jjchopper02's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Western Pa.
Oddometer: 53
Here's my completed Seat Concepts seat on my 2013 KTM 500exc. I love it so far. I've just been on a couple short rides so far, nothing long because of winter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
" Do one thing every day that scares you "


Kurt Caselli
jjchopper02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #1158
ecarnell
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ecarnell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 373
What options are your seat?
SKU KTM2012STD with Embossed top/Plain sides with orange stiching?
+ complete seat option?

looks good!
__________________
2014 KTM 500 EXC
2011 KLR
2012 Dacre Challenge -Team Explore the Bruce - 8th (i.e last) Place. 17:59
ecarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #1159
jjchopper02
Orange Brigade
 
jjchopper02's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Western Pa.
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarnell View Post
What options are your seat?
SKU KTM2012STD with Embossed top/Plain sides with orange stiching?
+ complete seat option?

looks good!
Thanks

I went with std. - Gripper/Carbon w/orange stitching.
Foam and cover kit
It was actually pretty easy to do .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
" Do one thing every day that scares you "


Kurt Caselli
jjchopper02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #1160
SherpaT
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: York, PA
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchopper02 View Post
Here's my completed Seat Concepts seat on my 2013 KTM 500exc. I love it so far. I've just been on a couple short rides so far, nothing long because of winter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great, except that logo! Can the seat or kit be ordered without logo? I couldn't find that option on the website.
SherpaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #1161
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherpaT View Post
Looks great, except that logo! Can the seat or kit be ordered without logo? I couldn't find that option on the website.
From our page.......
Important Information:


The CF/GR with orange stitch comes with round logo. The other cover options come with side tag. As old stock is exhausted all new covers will come with round logo.

Most models will eventually have the logo. Sorry if you do not like it. But product branding is the single most effective thing you can do to promote your business.
Bundy
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311

mxbundy screwed with this post 01-04-2014 at 07:50 PM
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #1162
ecarnell
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ecarnell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
From our page.......
Important Information:


The CF/GR with orange stitch comes with round logo. The other cover options come with side tag. As old stock is exhausted all new covers will come with round logo.

Most models will eventually have the logo. Sorry if you do not like it. But product branding is the single most effective thing you can do to promote your business.
Bundy

Bundy, sent you guys an email WRT Canadian distributors/shipping.
Hope you get it.

Looks like I need one exactly like the one posted above!

Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 KTM 500 EXC
2011 KLR
2012 Dacre Challenge -Team Explore the Bruce - 8th (i.e last) Place. 17:59
ecarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #1163
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer
 
David_Moen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada Eh!
Oddometer: 1,253
Black permanent sharpie should take care of the logo. I get the desire to brand the product, but it could have been done a bit more tastefully in my estimation.
__________________
2013 KTM 350EXC-F, 2005 BMW R200GS, 1984 Kawasaki GPz 750
David_Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #1164
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
Black permanent sharpie should take care of the logo. I get the desire to brand the product, but it could have been done a bit more tastefully in my estimation.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I personally like it, especially since I designed it.

Bundy

PS for some reason the logo looks much bigger than it really is in these photos.
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311

mxbundy screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 12:12 PM
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #1165
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarnell View Post
Bundy, sent you guys an email WRT Canadian distributors/shipping.
Hope you get it.

Looks like I need one exactly like the one posted above!

Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Email responded too!

Bundy
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #1166
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer
 
David_Moen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada Eh!
Oddometer: 1,253
The logo won't stop my from ordering my own, and the size of it is my issue, so it's good to hear that it look bigger in the photos.
__________________
2013 KTM 350EXC-F, 2005 BMW R200GS, 1984 Kawasaki GPz 750
David_Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #1167
jjchopper02
Orange Brigade
 
jjchopper02's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Western Pa.
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I personally like it, especially since I designed it.

Bundy

PS for some reason the logo looks much bigger than it really is in these photos.

So your saying I got the only seat with an extra large logo....haha. I was kind of startled when I got the cover and seen the logo in the middle of the seat. I thought I ordered it wrong since all the seats I saw had the side tag. It kind of grows on you after awhile. I understand wanting more exposure for your product. If it was me, I would put something on the website saying you changed your logo placement, since everybody is used to the side tag.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
" Do one thing every day that scares you "


Kurt Caselli
jjchopper02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #1168
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchopper02 View Post
So your saying I got the only seat with an extra large logo....haha. I was kind of startled when I got the cover and seen the logo in the middle of the seat. I thought I ordered it wrong since all the seats I saw had the side tag. It kind of grows on you after awhile. I understand wanting more exposure for your product. If it was me, I would put something on the website saying you changed your logo placement, since everybody is used to the side tag.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My response to SherpaT was cut and paste right from our web site...its been like that for at least the last month.
What makes it difficult is that some stock moves much faster than others, so for the next few months there will be a transitional period.
I used to get a lot of flak for the side tags also....so there you go.
The logos are an attempt to stand out from the crowd, especially since we are getting more and more of our seats on race bikes. Now they will be easily identified in pics and there will began to be a recognition from just a glance. Our logo shape is different from our immediate competitors.
All plays into brand acceptance in the big picture as we move into more and more dealers and add distributor's also.
The logo is also going to be a center piece of print and video advertisements.

Bundy
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #1169
TJE
Space Emperor
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 69
I'm still waiting to recieve my seat ... I really hope I get the old stock, without that big ugly blue dot :( Otherwise it will be the sharpie, as David said.

Bad move, Seat Concepts!
__________________
2006 Vespa Grantourismo 125L
1998 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin
2003 Honda XR650R

My gallery: http://www.subsignal.com/DEMO
TJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #1170
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius
 
FakeName's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 1,748
I would, with all due respect and admiration for your product, encourage you to reconsider your decision. I fully understand the need for branding and product positioning, and I also understand the obligation product developers and marketers have to listen to their customers.

Customer feedback is important.

Personally, I love your product, I admire your courage in bringing a product to market, and all my friends rave about them. The only negative thing I've heard about your products is that logo, and that was from a previous customer.

We are all on your side. We all want your business to be successful, we all want your products. But looking at the immediate response in this thread, not everyone wants the oversized logo on their bikes.

With humility and respect,

FakeName.
__________________
ADVdiscount Motorcycle Product Photography


2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014