Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #1216
tumbleweed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Ktm690 seat lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
Finally a photo of my 690 "high" seat in gripper carbon and with a tailbone channel insert.

Its a revelation compared to the standard plank.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
I love my seat concept over the stock seat so, I designed a lock to keep it!
Everyone knows how quick a 690 seat can be popped off.
Made of strong spring steel and coated with anti abrasion rubber ( orange).
Works great and is a visual warning, also can secure items under seat.[/URL]
tumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:04 AM   #1217
sleazy rider
Squidly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,857
Great folks! I talked to them Monday about a custom modification for color on a DR350 seat and was told they'd work it into the production schedule. Wasn't any rush on my part, so I had no problem with waiting. Tuesday, I get a shipment notice that it's gone out already. That's what I call customer service.
--Tom IBA #41627
Blog
sleazy rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:16 AM   #1218
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
I love my seat concept over the stock seat so, I designed a lock to keep it!
Everyone knows how quick a 690 seat can be popped off.
Made of strong spring steel and coated with anti abrasion rubber ( orange).
Works great and is a visual warning, also can secure items under seat.[/URL]
Been thinking of the same problem... got some more photos?

fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #1219
tumbleweed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
seat lock views

photo 1 ignition key inserted

photo 2 key in and gas cap removed
[/URL]
photo 3 please keep in mind these are prototypes, used to test strength,fit, and materials. if there is interest i will manufacture more.

photo 4 as pedestrian would view walking up to bike.
tumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #1220
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Ah got you, the first thing I did was replace the standard fuel cap for the extended fuel neck so cant go that route. Maybe I just hide the pull cable Instead.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #1221
x400racer
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Tiger seat & FZ1

The Tiger 955 front and rear seats were sent to the mold shop today so we should have a done product in 2 weeks or so.
As for the FZ1 seat, we are still waiting to get our hands on the bike for testing.
x400racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #1222
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by x400racer View Post
The Tiger 955 front and rear seats were sent to the mold shop today so we should have a done product in 2 weeks or so.
As for the FZ1 seat, we are still waiting to get our hands on the bike for testing.
I will be ordering. Let me know when I can throw my money at you.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #1223
Thumperama
RIP Husaberg

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by x400racer View Post
Interesting. I've been using the Triumph factory gel seats on my Tiger and really like them. I would interested in seeing these when their done. If they are as comfy as the dirt bike seats, I may have to make a change.

Tried a suede cover on my Husaberg FE570 seat this time and wish I had tried suede before now. Very nice and even easier to install than the vinyl (at least for me). I had requested that the expensive suede cover not come with the big blue nipple of a logo on it, but that request was ignored and I got it anyway. I could've removed it, but then I would have had holes in my new suede cover from the stitching. The small tags on the side would have been preferred and would've been classier. Just a heads up that you apparently don't get a choice when it comes to the new logo on your seat cover.
'06 Triumph Tiger 955i, '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i
'97 & '87 XR600R's
Thumperama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #1224
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumperama View Post
Interesting. I've been using the Triumph factory gel seats on my Tiger and really like them. I would interested in seeing these when their done. If they are as comfy as the dirt bike seats, I may have to make a change.

Tried a suede cover on my Husaberg FE570 seat this time and wish I had tried suede before now. Very nice and even easier to install than the vinyl (at least for me). I had requested that the expensive suede cover not come with the big blue nipple of a logo on it, but that request was ignored and I got it anyway. I could've removed it, but then I would have had holes in my new suede cover from the stitching. The small tags on the side would have been preferred and would've been classier. Just a heads up that you apparently don't get a choice when it comes to the new logo on your seat cover.
I have the stock seat on my '02. I can't imagine my trip to Alaska this summer on that thing. I did a 3000 mile loop to the Olympic Peninsula last year, and my ass was done.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #1225
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazy rider View Post
Great folks! I talked to them Monday about a custom modification for color on a DR350 seat and was told they'd work it into the production schedule. Wasn't any rush on my part, so I had no problem with waiting. Tuesday, I get a shipment notice that it's gone out already. That's what I call customer service.
+1

I know what you mean. I spoke to them regarding a seat for my SE. Pleading for delivery the day before! lol.

24hrs later I see the shipping notice! Really nice folk to deal with, and if the seat is anythink like the one on my WR250R I'll be very pleased.
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #1226
Thumperama
RIP Husaberg

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumperama View Post
Update: Bundy got back in touch with me and the inclusion of the large logo on my suede cover was added in error and he offered to make it right. We worked out a compromise and all are happy. Great follow up after the sale.
'06 Triumph Tiger 955i, '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i
'97 & '87 XR600R's
Thumperama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #1227
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

As feedback from my 690 tall seat- had to be tall as I wanted the tailbone channel foam. THE SEAT IS FANTASTIC several hours riding and no burning or numbness. I like the wider rear section also, so comfortable.

Nice one rob!

Old 02-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #1228
sleazy rider
Squidly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,857

It's, it's, it's like beautiful. Installing tomorrow when I get to the shop where the air stapler is.
--Tom IBA #41627
Blog
sleazy rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #1229
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
Just got mine today

Is this an appropriate place for write-up/review (good or bad, won't know until I ride it), or no?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #1230
Benduro
I<3CrayCrayVaJayJay

Oddometer: 1,232
Seat Concepts for life!
Seriously. I am never going to run another saddle as long as SC is in business! I bought a DR 650 a few years ago on which the p.o. had installed the Seat Concepts diy foam kit with the stock cover. It's a great seat. I've put about 22,000 miles on it, with several 700+ mile days where I fuel on the bike, and don't stop to rest for several tanks (5.3 gallon tanks!) Never really knew what to compare it to until I got on a buddy's stocker. Holy crap. A thousand times better.
My DR with Seat Concepts foam on stock pan and stock cover:

So, I saw this thread, saw all the effusive, over the top praise for the quality, low price (relative to what you're getting!), and fast turn around times. Had to pull the trigger on a low seat for my buddy bike, a klx (drz) 400, so the ladies can get their feet on the ground. And a seat for my KTM 950 sm.
I ordered completes, so I can return to stock if I sell the bikes and recoup some $ selling the seats in the flea market. They came with lightning speed, packed in a box in such a way as to allow no movement or abrasion to the two seats in one box.
I'm 5'11 with a 32 inch inseam. The klx has never felt too tall for me. However, the low seat, at an inch and an eighth lower than stock, but with a slightly narrower and more domey profile right on the tank for technical sections, and a slightly wider, flat section further back with amazingly comfortable foam, is WORLDS better. It's an amazing seat. No faults whatsoever can be found here. Aesthetically perfect stitching, high quality, burly looking materials (gripper) for the cover, and amazing comfort...what more could you ask for?
I don't have a photo on my phone or I'd put it up. Later I'll revisit this post and get one on here.

And then there's the beast. I've done several 700 mile days on the 950sm with the stock seat. It's a hundred mile seat. Liveable, but pretty bad. A Seat Concepts complete in "embossed" vinyl with orange contrast stitching was a no-brainer. And holy jeez, am I glad that I did! All of the lines are more graceful and beautiful than the stock seat and add to the appearance of the bike. And it has turned this bike into a road warrior! Total transformation. Fuelling on the bike, all day riding, no discomfort AT ALL. It's a work of functional art. The best kind of art.

Here's the ugly, bland, narrow, roundy stock seat. Mmmm, sit-bone pressure and junk-numbness...

Here's the Seat Concepts....what a beauty.

Anyone who will listen, is going to get a recommendation of Seat Concepts from me. I am sold. Especially after having been on the good Sergeant and Corbins. You owe it to yourself to try SC.