ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
I will look and see what I can dig up.

Bundy
Thanks.
I am considering your seat. I have had three try's of another well known seat maker, but they just dont work for me. And I an an enduro mountain biker, so I don't think my behind is that picky.
Would it be possible for you to measure the following on your tall f800GS seat. Measure from center, and aft of the seat, forward. Please measure with @ 14 inches,@ 19 inches, and @ 24 inches. My current seat is 11 wide,9 wide, and 5.5 inches wide, at those stations. Thank you for your help.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #1322
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Bundy I'll be buying the Tall XR650R from you now that you're carrying it. Any pictures of the covered unit on or off a bike yet? I saw your post with the foam and I see you've added it to your website.

Thanks much...Scott
Old 03-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #1323
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFanMan View Post
Bundy I'll be buying the Tall XR650R from you now that you're carrying it. Any pictures of the covered unit on or off a bike yet? I saw your post with the foam and I see you've added it to your website.

Thanks much...Scott

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #1324
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

XR650R Tall

Thank you Sir! Calling you shortly.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #1325
TufelHunden
Recovering A-hole

Oddometer: 160
Service turn around time.

I just wanted to say WOW! From the time my seat arrived at your facility until I received notice from UPS that my seat had shipped was less than 24 hours and only a week and a half from the time I shipped my seat to you until the new seat was at my door. Only wish I was home to try it out sooner. As is now I wont be home until the end of May. :(
TufelHunden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #1326
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,923
one noob will be very happy on the 29th

scroll down.

thanks lendon and sc.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #1327
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,522
700 miles on my new seat last weekend.

My butt thanks you guys!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #1328
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,088
I just wanted to say, Seat Concepts is awesome. So, short version of a long story. I've always heard good things about SC, so when a used SC Tall seat came up for sale for my DRZ-E model I couldn't pass it up. I got it, and I love it. It feels like a whole new bike. Rides of 30 miles used to have my butt hurting, now I'll do twice that and never feel it. Fit, finish, quality are all exceptional. So exceptional I'm thinking about buying another, "sport" seat for shorter/technical rides.

So exceptional, as soon as my buddy sat on my bike, he went out and bought one for his CRF450X. He got it a few days ago and installed it. He's been riding on it and absolutely loves it.

Now, we all know SC seats are good, but here's the rest of the story: Apparently, SC will give you a discount if you're military, and free shipping (I think). Well, somehow when my buddy ordered his seat he didn't get the discount. So, after talking with them, the fine folks over at SC sent him a refund for the discount/shipping to his PayPal. Well, today he noticed another, very large, refund from them in his PP account, so he called them up, in order to return the extra money. After talking to the customer service rep who answered the phone, the owner of SC got on the phone with him to thank him for his honesty in calling them about the extra refund. The owner then told him that he could keep the accidental refund! My buddy is a very honest guy, and told him thank you, but it's your money, your business, and the seat was worth way more then what he was charging, so please go ahead and take it back. Well, SC only took back half the money.

Seat Concepts is a stand up honest business, in the US, that makes a phenomenal product. I wish I had more bikes so I could give them more business.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #1329
smokee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
On your website it shows only all black seatcover choices for a DR350
Is it possible to get one with blue sides ?
If yes , is there extra wait time or cost ?
smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #1330
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokee View Post
On your website it shows only all black seatcover choices for a DR350
Is it possible to get one with blue sides ?
If yes , is there extra wait time or cost ?
That's the exact seat my buddy Tom just got from them (Sleazy Rider a number of posts above). I just ordered a different version of the XR650R tall seat which they are doing for me...no problem. They'll charge you for a custom charge (very reasonable) but they'll do it for you. Give them a call if it's something not offered on their website and they can answer your questions directly.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:19 AM   #1331
sleazy rider
Squidly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFanMan View Post
That's the exact seat my buddy Tom just got from them (Sleazy Rider a number of posts above). I just ordered a different version of the XR650R tall seat which they are doing for me...no problem. They'll charge you for a custom charge but they'll do it for you. Give them a call if it's something not offered on their website and they can answer your questions directly.

Damn, Scott. Do you ever sleep?

(better pic)

They charged me an extra $20 for the two tone scheme and also got me the lightweight rider seat foam because I'm under 160# now.

On the bike:

--Tom IBA #41627
Blog

sleazy rider screwed with this post 03-22-2014 at 03:37 AM
sleazy rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:50 AM   #1332
smokee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I saw that seat in the dr350 thread and wondered if it was an older seat or custom .
I'll give them a call on monday
smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #1333
bjoseph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
F800gsa

Has anyone put one of these on a BMW F800GS or new GSA? I have the 14 GSA and was wondering if the kit will fit as the pan is different from previous model years.

If anyone with a 800GS or GSA is using one of these I would love to know what you think of it compared to stock. Pictures always appreciated!!!
bjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #1334
Dante04SRT
n00b

Oddometer: 3
My birthday was the other day and my wife gave me the green light to order a Seat Concepts seat for my KTM 350 XCF-W. I am uber excited for to arrive - I am soooo ready to ditch the factory 2x4 seat. I'm anxious to see how big this logo is in real life. I, too, was a fan of the simple tag - I like the new logo itself, just not on my seat. I talked to SC a few weeks ago and they said they're already on the gripper covers, so I'm SOL since I wanted the gripper/CF seat. Maybe it can be removed w/o too much damage to the seat....?? I would've gladly sported a sticker/decal somewhere on the bike but oh well - We'll see how it goes. For now, I can't wait to see the new seat/foam!
Dante04SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #1335
LVCJT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
I ordered the tall Xr650r seat and rear rack last Wednesday. When I got home this evening I found this on my doorstep. Thanks guys for making such a beautiful product!

Sent from the depths of my pockets
LVCJT is online now   Reply With Quote