Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #1456
MassiveLee
Banned

Oddometer: 791
I'm interested in a foam/cover kit for my R1150GS Adventure. I currently have the Adventure seat as well as the Low Seat. I would like to recover the Low Seat and perhaps have it lowered a bit. The website says "1 inch lower"... I wonder if that is lower than the Adventure seat, or lower than BMW's Low Seat. Any picture other than the one on the website?

TIA

Lee

BMW Adventure seat.

BMW Low seat.

MassiveLee screwed with this post 07-04-2014 at 07:10 PM
MassiveLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #1457
canadasax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Today was the first trip with the "seat concepts" seat.
I am very pleased with it.
I ordered the v2 tall seat with carbon top and sides and it looks fantastic.
Seat concepts was very good to deal with and I will recommend them to anyone who will listen.
I didn't put on a lot of miles today (250 kms) , but enough to know that it is going to make a huge difference.
The seat is a bit higher than the stock seat, but not enough to be problem.
The quality is very good. I ordered the complete seat with seat pan and everything fit very well.

canadasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #1458
combustion cycles
Action Jansen

Oddometer: 101
I've used these guys as a vendor and was very pleased with the +2" xr250r and +2" xr650r seats we recieved! Now i need a +2" St1100 seat but I doubt that's in the works...
Future: get back to Baja!
combustion cycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #1459
bomose
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Got my 2up comfort tall today. Put it together and got it on. Looks great. Can't wait to try it out.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=955211Chasing Dinosaurs
bomose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #1460
MassiveLee
Banned

Never got a reply to my question posted on July 4th... Looks like I will buy from HT Moto instead.

Lee

Old 07-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #1461
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveLee View Post
Never got a reply to my question posted on July 4th... Looks like I will buy from HT Moto instead.

Lee

Sorry you were missed, things are hectic around here.
You could have called the office at 951-487-0195 and talked to our lovely sales associate.
It is 1 inch lower than our standard 1150ADV seat, which actually is a little lower that the stock seat because we leveled out the seating area on it!

And thanks a lot for posting a competitors seat in my thread.
Especially since they do not make a replacement foam either. But I am sure it is a quality cover, good luck with it!

Thanks
Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #1462
MassiveLee
Banned

I am myself a sponsor on some motorsport forums, and as such, I hold myself responsible for answering questions when they arise. So, I waited for a simple answer from SeatConcepts and received none. So don't be offended if I ordered an HT Moto part. I tried to support an advrider sponsor and it didn't work me.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #1463
Darkside500
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I heard a rumor that you guys were going to be offering complete seat assemblies for the Beta 250/300rr dirt bikes.
Any truth to that? and how soon?
Darkside500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #1464
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside500 View Post
I heard a rumor that you guys were going to be offering complete seat assemblies for the Beta 250/300rr dirt bikes.
Any truth to that? and how soon?
Yes we are.
Should be ready to go first of next week.

Bundy

Old 07-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #1465
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveLee View Post
Never got a reply to my question posted on July 4th.............

Lee

Poor form Lee, downright prickish even. If you cant figure out why, even more so of a prick. IMHO

pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #1466
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
Yes we are.
Should be ready to go first of next week.

Bundy
Does that mean the 525 KTM mxc complete seats are soon to appear as well ?
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #1467
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
Does that mean the 525 KTM mxc complete seats are soon to appear as well ?
Yes, now the hold up is the machined mounting bung, nobody can hold a schedule.
Supposed to have them from the machine shop sometime next week also.

Thanks

Old 07-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #1468
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,594
F800GS Tall seat.

I have had the seat now for about 30 days, and want to comment seat concepts for their very fair priced seat. There are a few areas, however, that I think that there are room for improvement. The good thing is that the areas are merely cosmetic.
First, SC can pour whatever density of foam that you desires. That is a great thing, as rider geometry vastly varies. I would recommend that you pour a denser foam that you think, as they generally tends to loosen a little over time. I think that their pan mould covers most, if not all riders, as one cant argue with wide. A little background. I have ridden a sergeant, Three renasco's, and one home made seat on the 8GS. I have upholstered many seats myself. So I am quite skilled in the matter of installing covers.
The with in the seating area for me ( 6'2" and 220 rider weight) is about 12 inches, and the pan is mostly flat. I ordered the carbon top and sides. I personally dont care for the look......strange right... but I ordered it because of their recommendation, of good grip..... But not like the " velcro" gripper.
The seat surface is as advertized. It grips, without excessive gripping. A real nice combo. One thing that is nice as well, is their shape, which allows for the rider, to move forward, and clinch the tank for techno sections. Almost like a mx seat. Really nice.
The one thing, that I think there are room for improvement is in the top forward foam thickness. Due to the pre sewn cover layout, I think the foam needs to be 1/4 to1/2 inch thicker starting at the top two "ears" and then down about 4-6 inches. No matter how you stretch the front, there is going to be a small wrinkle, protruding from the V, in the middle. I have done everything.... Heat.... hot 100 deg, soaking.... but regardless, of how good, you move the seams down, or forward, I cannot get rid of it. This would be eliminated with just a smidge thicker foam on the top ears. The few other seats, I have had on the 8GS, were thicker foam in that area. That being said, this is purely cosmetic, but instead of good, could be great. One could of course re lay the pattern of the pre sewn cover, but I think that would be the wrong way to approach it.
The fact that SC can offer a great seat at this affordable price, is simply fantastic. It is a really neat idea, and I would buy this seat again.....again.... and again.
Great job.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #1469
Friz Freleng
Zorgon of Mars

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
I ordered the carbon top and sides. I ordered it because of their recommendation, of good grip..... But not like the " velcro" gripper.
The seat surface is as advertized. It grips, without excessive gripping.
Interesting. I just finished installing the carbon cover on my seat kit (R1200GSA front and back) and on my first ride I thought I was going to slide down the block. My first impression was, yow, this way too slick, but after a day or two the vinyl became grippy-er. I wear leather pants so I suspect the slipperiness of the vinyl was partially due to the me not wearing something coarser like textiles or denim.

I'm very pleased with how my seat came out. I didn't have any wrinkling but I also pulled hard on the vinyl to remove any extra material and puckering. The project took me much longer, too. I thought I'd be able to cover the front and back seats in an afternoon...ha...it took me a couple days, but then, I was being extra careful. The foam is indeed denser than BMW foam, and the seats are wider than stock. The rear seat in particular is significantly wider and much taller.

If there is one suggestion I can make to Seat Concepts, it would be this: Consider selling stainless steel staples. I didn't realize it until I started the project but stainless staples were impossible to find locally. It's all mail order. I didn't want to wait for a package so I threw in the towel and used regular steel staples, which I'm sure will begin to rust after awhile (though I'll replace them at that point).

“The Prius is as frumpy as any car I’ve seen, like an over-full colostomy bag.” -- New York Times automotive writer Lawrence Ulrich

Friz Freleng screwed with this post 07-15-2014 at 06:59 PM
Friz Freleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #1470
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,345
Took my 990 seat into Seat Concepts today and walked out with a perfectly fit cover on new foam. Their seat on my 525 made all day rides bearable, can't wait to see how good the 990 seat is going to be with a close to 1,000 miler this weekend.

Great crew with a great product!

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote