ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
The Fist OP
Knulp

Oddometer: 3,584
Denver Bound...Found a place...opinions?

Now that its official, I've been searching craigslist high and low for a place to live ...

Finding a place to live without actually seeing the place has been kinda tough. Internet photos and landlord testimony can only take you so far. So, Diane and I have decided that its best to get a short-term lease at a place we know will be clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing.

Accordingly, we went with a newly constructed complex managed by Equity.
It's called the Savoy at Hampden Town Center...
This is the unit we're gonna take (LINK)...

Location of Unit (LINK)

It's 6 miles from school and has a footbridge that leads to Cherry Creek State Park. (LINK for Cherry Creek SP)

It also offers a huge off-leash dog park and looks to have every amenity that we want. And the price can't be beat.

Anyone familiar with this area ? Can anyone offer an opinion on these sort of complexes ? What about Cherry Creek State Park ? Any good ?

We're gonna sign a 6 month lease and they offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee *no questions asked* ...

Thanks for your input...

The Fist screwed with this post 12-10-2004 at 01:48 PM
The Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
dougrender
Bike Polo is not a Crime

Oddometer: 1,092
Personally, I wouldn't want to live that far south, but I'm not an expert on the area. The I-25 corridor that far south can be a real drag. They have this big construction project (TRex they call it--light rail or something) ongoing. Can make traffic a real mess.
dougrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:46 PM   #3
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,658
That's a pretty central location for everything South Denver. I used to live about a half mile from there. Great access to DTC, traffic isn't terrible around there (225 just got an extra lane from Yosemite to Parker which helps a TON), and there's a great little dive bar on the corner of Yosemite and Hampden (Toby Jug). The only drawback is that you're right next to a Wal-Mart, which sometimes adds an extra traffic headache on the streets adjacent to that place. From there to DU on a bad day you're looking at 15 minutes... on my bike on a good day I'd be there in half that. If you have a bicycle you'll love being so close to Cherry Creek Res, there's a dollar theater down the street, and if you golf there's a cheap par 3 at Kennedy.

It's also less than a mile from BMW of Denver and Vickery Yamaha/Kawasaki/Polaris.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
AntWare
Lost In Translation

Oddometer: 16,483
Congratulations mate
stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.
Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home,
nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.
Choose your future. Choose life.
I chose not to choose life, I chose something else instead.
AntWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #5
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Ware
Congratulations mate
From me as well. So you must have used an alias, fake Id??
Old 12-10-2004, 03:42 PM   #6
The Fist OP
Knulp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
From me as well. So you must have used an alias, fake Id??
Thanks all...

Yeah, its incredible how far the name "Willy Moto" will take you.

BTW--In case no one noticed, its a 2 bedroom place -- and guests are encouraged.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #7
Colorado
Trail Boss

Oddometer: 1,727
I live in Greenwood Village about 1 1/2 miles due south of there. Your complex looks very nice and it is nearly new (within the last 5 years or so). Kennedy GC has a 9-hole executive course, a 9-hole long course and an 18-hole long course as well as a great driving range. BMW of Denver and Vickery Yamaha/Kawasaki are about 1 mile north and Fay Myers Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Ducati/Aprilia/KTM is about 3 miles south. If you want to consider some other places, there is a web site for Denver area apartments called http://www.rentaltour.com that has a lot of places to rent. Larry
Old 12-10-2004, 09:18 PM   #8
hgulledge
Adventurer-of-sorts

Oddometer: 1,260
Looks like a nice place, dude. Diane plans to let you run without a leash? Nice town, Denver.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #9
leadvegas
I want to see your uvula

Oddometer: 1,572
That's not too far from where I spent my high school days. Deffinitely pick up a non-motorized bike if you don't have one already (unless you don't care to ride one of those). From the state park, you can get damn near everywhere in the metro area on the trail system. There is a lot of open space out in that park too. There's a large contingent of remote control airplane flight frequenting the area. And since you are right next to I-225, you shouldn't ever have to worry about most of that T-Rex mess. Lots of amenities in the area as already mentioned, but learn to take the dam road as a detour when traffic gets nutty. For being in the city, it's pretty decent.

And when the season starts up again, there's always bike night at the drive-in... It's a ways, but worth the drive.
leadvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #10
The Fist OP
Knulp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgulledge
Looks like a nice place, dude. Diane plans to let you run without a leash? Nice town, Denver.
I still can't believe it ... leashless, yes....but I still have to wear a muzzle.

------

Thanks for all the info -- I do have to go buy a mountain bike, mine got stolen in college and I havent replaced it....yet
Old 12-15-2004, 10:28 PM   #11
acupuncture4u
Freedom by knobbies

Oddometer: 1,372
Being an Advrider... I'm assuming you love to ride what CO. has to offer. For me it helps to live close to the mountains,:rabia Rampart :rabia Sometimes I can sneak a quick ride off during the day. Lots of traffic, lots of growth, I have some sort of aversion to going east of Parker road if I can avoid it. Not a bad area, busy, great for the dogs.

How is your Heart Health
acupuncture4u is offline   Reply With Quote