ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #811
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
Probably separation anxiety.
Buy her some toys and kong balls with treats in them.
It might work.
naahhhhhhh. set up a video camera. i bet it's funny.
Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #812
gplutt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Otto and Rolly

Ollie

Otto's cart.
gplutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #813
ty.zardoz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitchfield View Post
She forgives me when I am late, doesn't get mad if I want to ride, and is always by my side when I need her. One of life's true joys is a DOG.

A few years ago in Salem, MA

She's GORGEOUS! Whats her name? As you will see I have a thing for Mastiff's ;) We've had two Bull Mastiff's (Chewbacca and Rosebud) in our past and have just adopted an English Mastiff (Oscar).

tyz
ty.zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #814
ty.zardoz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Laugh Meet my new best friend Oscar!

My wife and I rescued this fella from a home where he was not appreciated nor treated very well. The day before we picked him up his previous owners gave him a medium frozen pizza all to himself... I could have kicked them when I heard of this ABUSE! It took three days for the poor boy to have a proper bowel movement (the amount of salt alone in a medium pizza is enough to mess up a dogs system... let alone all that dough)This is Oscar! Oscar is an English Mastiff, he is roughly one and a half years old and weighs right around one hundred and thirty pounds (so far). I've put a couple of small cameras around the house when we go out to see how/what he does... it's heart rending! He cries for such a long time, it's so pathetic to see such a grand and proud big fella "howling" while he's laying on his side My wife jokingly said I should build a sidecar so I can take him with me when I ride... that got me wondering... how hard would it be to build a trailer to take him with me? I'm NOT keen on the idea of a sidecar attached to any of my bikes... but a trailer could be moved from one bike to another... or used to haul other stuff when my boy isn't along for the ride. My wife figured it would be illegal, but if you think about it... they haul horses in trailers right? He has the stature of a smallish horse! ;)

tyz

ty.zardoz screwed with this post 05-20-2013 at 05:33 AM Reason: additional comments
ty.zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #815
blitchfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty.zardoz View Post
She's GORGEOUS! Whats her name? As you will see I have a thing for Mastiff's ;) We've had two Bull Mastiff's (Chewbacca and Rosebud) in our past and have just adopted an English Mastiff (Oscar).

tyz
That is Madison Star. My wife and I had an english mastiff who passed as a puppy (7 months old, started hemeraging and died at the vet). While we loved his temperment/ attitude, afterward we agreed that he would have been a huge presence in our home and decided a smaller size but similar breed would suite us for the next fur kid. Maddy is 120 #'s of love, is very forgiving but is at times stern with our two young ones. That said I still wont leave them alone with her.
blitchfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #816
Ballics
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty.zardoz View Post
My wife and I rescued this fella from a home where he was not appreciated nor treated very well. The day before we picked him up his previous owners gave him a medium frozen pizza all to himself... I could have kicked them when I heard of this ABUSE! It took three days for the poor boy to have a proper bowel movement (the amount of salt alone in a medium pizza is enough to mess up a dogs system... let alone all that dough)This is Oscar! Oscar is an English Mastiff, he is roughly one and a half years old and weighs right around one hundred and thirty pounds (so far). I've put a couple of small cameras around the house when we go out to see how/what he does... it's heart rending! He cries for such a long time, it's so pathetic to see such a grand and proud big fella "howling" while he's laying on his side My wife jokingly said I should build a sidecar so I can take him with me when I ride... that got me wondering... how hard would it be to build a trailer to take him with me? I'm NOT keen on the idea of a sidecar attached to any of my bikes... but a trailer could be moved from one bike to another... or used to haul other stuff when my boy isn't along for the ride. My wife figured it would be illegal, but if you think about it... they haul horses in trailers right? He has the stature of a smallish horse! ;)

tyz
I know of a couple of people who have made a trailer for their dog and they love it (the dog too) There are a few places that make custom ones just for dogs. a bit pricey but pretty cool.. http://www.doggonemotorcycletrailers.com/
Ballics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #817
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Oddometer: 1,157
Trailer?

My little Diggah wants me to convert this to accomadate her when we get back from our 1 year adventure ride.

SPOT Tracker is LIVE
Stan Dalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #818
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 3,634
Old 06-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #819
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,283
Good bump Juan. I need to get some shots of the dogs and the kid..especially now that he is starting to know who they are and what is going on with them.
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure begins.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #820
fyrfytr
B.U.F.F.

Oddometer: 2,523
Friday was a very bad day...

Luna, my sister's GSD, had to be put to sleep. One of the nicest dogs I've ever known. She was 15 years old.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #821
Kaw4Life OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,664

Lots of years for a Shepherd ...

must have been a DEEP bond.
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #822
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrfytr View Post
Luna, my sister's GSD, had to be put to sleep. One of the nicest dogs I've ever known. She was 15 years old.

That sucks

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #823
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,769
Cry

Our little girl Lulu went over the Rainbow Bridge last Sunday afternoon

She had a good run, almost 18 years. She got along great with all her other furry friends, and as seen in the pic, ALWAYS wanted to be in my or Sue's lap.
No matter how long these kids last, it never ever seems long enough.

Rest Easy kid.

CW
'90 Kawasaki ZX11...'76 Kawasaki 900 Z1...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #824
scootac
Just a Traveler

Oddometer: 2,493
My 'boy' and I went for a "Father's Day" ride yesterday,,, he always makes me drive!

'81 R100RT, '04 ST 1300, '02 DR 650
scootac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #825
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 597
My girl and I went for a ride to Copake falls yesterday, we stopped and she wanted to sniff around near the river

ALWAYS makes me smile, no matter what.
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote