Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #46
nsu max
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
As far as I know Cosmo is out of business, you might try Domi Racer.
nsu max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #47
slowpoke28787
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Not out of business

I called Cosmo a few weeks ago and some older gent answered the phone. He said they were moving and would be able to help me in a few months.
slowpoke28787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #48
nsu max
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks, thats good to know.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #49
Benellionline
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb The Largest Benelli Parts Warehouse Is Back !!!!

Cosmotors
101 E Blaine St
Lansdale Pa 19446
cosmotor.com
john.cosmotors@gmail.com
1-800-523-2522
Fax 267-222-8142
Hello, My Name Is John, I Am The New Shipping And Inventory Manager @ Cosmotor , Formerly Known As Cosmopolitan Motors. Our Warehouse Has Moved And We Are Again Available For Ordering All Of Your Benelli , Wards Riverside , Motobi , Vintage Ducati And Early Moto Guzzi Needs,
The Website Is Still Being Updated But you Will Now Be Able To Send Comments, Questions Or To Order All Of Your Original Factory Parts and Accessories ,Tommaselli Domino Delorto Marzocchi Wards Riverside
We Have The Largest Inventory Of Original Factory Parts , Frames , Complete Engines , Engine Parts Rims Tires Wiring Lights The List Goes On,, As Well As Original Manuals ,, Feel Free To Pass This Along And Send Me An Email With Any Questions Or Comments.When Calling Cosmotors Tell Larry Wise John Sent Ya .Thank You And Hope To Hear From You Soon
Benellionline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #50
Benellionline
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb The Largest Benelli Parts Warehouse Is Back !!!!

Cosmotors
101 E Blaine St
Lansdale Pa 19446
cosmotor.com
john.cosmotors@gmail.com
1-800-523-2522
Fax 267-222-8142
Hello, My Name Is John, I Am The New Shipping And Inventory Manager @ Cosmotor , Formerly Known As Cosmopolitan Motors. Our Warehouse Has Moved And We Are Again Available For Ordering All Of Your Benelli , Wards Riverside , Motobi , Vintage Ducati And Early Moto Guzzi Needs,
The Website Is Still Being Updated But you Will Now Be Able To Send Comments, Questions Or To Order All Of Your Original Factory Parts and Accessories ,Tommaselli Domino Delorto Marzocchi Wards Riverside
We Have The Largest Inventory Of Original Factory Parts , Frames , Complete Engines , Engine Parts Rims Tires Wiring Lights The List Goes On,, As Well As Original Manuals ,, Feel Free To Pass This Along And Send Me An Email With Any Questions Or Comments.When Calling Cosmotors Tell Larry Wise John Sent Ya .Thank You And Hope To Hear From You Soon
Benellionline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #51
nsu max
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 12-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #52
FJ_Kevin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Cooling my jets after a high speed run to starbucks...

FJ_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #53
GordonH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Just came across this thread. Good to know that Cosmo is coming back. Here's a link to my Wards motorcycle. Adventure in the Sixties? https://picasaweb.google.com/hamilto...twE&feat=email
GordonH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #54
Mr. Vintage OP
Family Dude

Oddometer: 834
Making progress on the 250 again, after somewhat of hiatus (only a year!). I hope to ride this thing this summer!

I took apart the front end. I needed to check the wheel bearings (sure enough, the grease was completely dry), replace the tire, check the brake, and change the fork oil (oddly enough there aren't really fork seals, just felt rubbing on the as-machined fork tubes - I bet it leaks some). The spokes were loose, and the front rim is pretty well as wacky as the rear; I trued it up best I could. The rusty front spokes looked even worse next to the new polished stainless rear spokes, so I spent about three hours hand painting each spoke with a brush. It looks a lot better.

I just had the speedo drive out of my Quota, and it is exactly the same as the Veglia Borletti part in the front wheel of the Wards, despite the 30+ years and obvious difference in configuration.

The front brake cable clamp was rather bodged together, so I made a new one. Proof to myself that I need to work my way up to that big Monarch lathe I have been admiring, since this took me four tries to get right. For reference, that bolt head is 6mm.

Found another supplier in the head bearings - Campagnolo. Despite my best efforts at being super-dad, I discovered that a project involving 38 loose ball bearings is not one to have 6 and 8 year old boys help with.

This morning I pulled the side cover to check the points, timing, and generator brushes - looks pretty clean. There are timing marks on the generator housing, just no corresponding pointer so the shop manual shows you how to make one (!!). You still have to find TDC by poking something through the spark plug hole and tweaking your welding-rod pointer to match the mark. I also cleaned up and lubed the clutch arm, and re-lubed the cable - clutch pull is still stiff but smoother.

It should be back on two wheels soon....
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #55
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,483
Don't go near the cosmotor site - it's been hacked:
what, me? who am i ?

Hey dude? don't shock ? Due to you high security :P lmfao!
I'm just intrude and piss on your head to feel of your security 0%. lol
I will give damn note on your buttock. :P Patch Your System or will be ***ed aga1n :P
<+> F***ED BY $$BeNnY WiZzY$$ <+>
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #56
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
?

anyone know what language that is?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #57
Mr. Vintage OP
Family Dude

Crap, it's August already! Where were we...

I sealed the gas tank, which ate up most of a day. Of course I bought a big sealing kit and decided to do three of the rusty / leaky tanks in my possession all at once. Since it's soap, triple rinse, muriatic etch, triple rinse, fast etch, triple rinse with acetone, coat, wait, coat, wait, plus some electrolysis thrown in, times three tanks it is an involved process that makes for a long day! But the Wards tank is now clean and doesn't leak at the seams. My son took this of me mid-seal procedure - you can tell I'm having fun.

Being a glutton for punishment, I decided that there had to be a modern electronic regulator to replace the cooked one on the Wards. Harley Duo-Glides are 6V with a generator, so I bought a solid state regulator for one and wired it in. Upon further testing during the time I can get the thing to run (more on this in a second) I'm still not convinced it is working right. I had to move the generator connection in the harness to keep power from flowing backwards through the regulator and killing the battery, which itself may be a problem too - I used a small sealed battery which may or may not be contributing to the charging issues. Here's my battery, with the bracket I made to hold it down:

I'm getting enough interference in the circuit to wig out my electronic volt meter, so I had to dig out my old ArcherKit and go old-school analog. When I had it hooked up all seemed copacetic, but now I'm not sure...

Before I even tried to run it I rolled it out and took some pictures while it's still clean. At least it looks nice...

The first ride was somewhat less than blissful. It was running rather poorly, so I was struggling to keep it going while discovering it won't shift, made even worse since I also have to concentrate on left brake / right shift. I couldn't ever get it in the same gear the same way twice, so I was almost convinced that I needed to split the cases to fix the trans, which would suck. But logic said I should check the shifter and I pulled the right sidecover. Somehow, the indexing between the shifter ratchet and the shift drum were off, so after some time and experimenting I got it right. Had to make a new gasket, but it's back together and now it shifts - a step in the right direction.

Then it started to fight me. It fouled the plug, the original pink Magnetti Marelli which I still haven't been able to cross reference with anything. A NGK B8ES works, but I'm not sure how well. Both petcocks have taken to leaking, a lot. I shimmed the springs on both and got one to leak only a bit and the other to largely not leak when off. Today I was determined to take this thing for a ride - I managed 4 miles, all for about 30 seconds at a shot in my driveway... It starts up pretty well, rolls off up the hill in 1st great, shifts to 2nd smoothly, then conks out like clockwork right in front of my garage.... arg! It acts like it's running out of gas, so I must have had the carb apart a dozen times checking and rechecking fuel flow, float level and valve, fuel filter, etc. But now I'm thinking maybe ignition - maybe that NGK plug is acting up?? After spending a good part of my Saturday screwing with it, I quit - time for a break. Some time away will clear my head and maybe I'll think of something obvious...

In my frustration after giving up on the bike for the day, I built a Jacob's ladder with my son (to complete my evil lair!). To keep this thread lighthearted:

Yes, I'm a lunatic.

Mr. Vintage screwed with this post 08-25-2012 at 11:55 PM
Mr. Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #58
nsu max
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 08-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #59
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vintage View Post
Crap, it's August already! Where were we...

Yes, I'm a lunatic.
dude, you may be, but I bet your kids think you are cool!
did you check to see if you are getting enough flow from your tank? maybe some sealer caught in the petcocks?
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #60
Mr. Vintage OP
Family Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcaddy View Post
dude, you may be, but I bet your kids think you are cool!
did you check to see if you are getting enough flow from your tank? maybe some sealer caught in the petcocks?
The kids aren't old enough to be embarrassed by me, so I hope I'm still cool in their eyes. My wife on the other hand...

I think you are right, it has to be a fuel issue. Yesterday I wired the battery straight to the coil to convince myself that it wasn't an electrical issue, and lo and behold had the same stalling. It must be either fuel flow as suggested, or a carb / float issue - I'll pull the carb (again and again and again) and see what I can figure out.