User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #196
Whooptydid
Halfast

Oddometer: 5
Missing the woods!

Hey TBone! Glad to hear you and your family are still diggin' in the dirt! We're living in central Virginia now and NOTHING around here like Croom. Keep the rubber side down brother! Burk (formerly at the Big Red H).
Old 10-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #197
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,270
Long time, no post.. I know. I'll try and get you up to speed.

Haley ended up winning 5 races and finishing 2nd in Jr girls!

Her main competition Emma Chambers had a few rough days herself but is just one fast/talented girl

Haley with her mentor/ suspension tuner/ life advice giver Tom Flemming at the FTR awards banquet in Daytona. He gave her an awesome yr end award as most improved of all the riders he sponsors..just an awesome guy!

This yr dawns with Haley moving up to the Women's B class and races at the same time I do (Sunday morning -10:30). They start on the last row alongside the Master C riders (50-55yo) so patience passing the old guys will be tough to come by.

Haley raced last yrs women's B winner the first race of the yr (She was promoted to A after this) and managed to lead her the first lap and only got stuffed on the last corner to come in a close 2nd..she was pumped! (course was 12.5 miles of plated pines...a rough course)

The 2nd race took place at legendary Gatorback MX park. The sight of a former mine the terrain offers the toughest 7 mile loop on the schedule. Haley cruised to a first place victory beating the other girl by a whole lap.
Hamming it up for the camera.

The 3rd race of the season was the first AMA/FTR co sanctioned HS ever. Only had 30 or so riders come down but the national feel was cool,,I even managed to go out and get my ass kicked in the A class for a few laps. Haley's race ended on the 2nd lap when she tried to pass a slower rider by ducking under a tree branch and giving herself a concussion! Took a few days for her head to get better but is ready to race again this weekend. (its been a month since this happened. I told her to take it easy but history shows she doesn't like listening to me..

Tbone screwed with this post 11-24-2014 at 07:00 AM
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #198
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,180
awesome stuff Tbone , you must be very proud !!!
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:58 AM   #199
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Yea, she's one tough girl Zippy! very proud!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #200
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Awesome Troy!

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #201
two trackin fool
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
This is so cool !

We have yet to do a woods race . MotoX seems to be her love and the schedule keeps us quite busy !.

Sir you are not alone my daughter doesn't listen to me any better than my son did .

I just wish the AMA would support the women better

Keep posting when you can
Old 10-24-2014, 04:42 AM   #202
EOD3MC
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,679
Glad to see you both are still at it.. Congratulations to her, she's come along way since your first posts.

How did you do?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:32 AM   #203
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
Glad to see you both are still at it.. Congratulations to her, she's come along way since your first posts.

How did you do?
Quite honestly I didn't look.. I'm sure it was last as I only did 2 laps. I haven't raced in a yr and the level of commitment to training and hammering the course is amazing for the "A" class. Jokers don't fool around. I hope to do a few more this yr but its hard to watch Haley when we race at the same time.

Haley and I did do an enduro last yr for the first time. Total mudfest as I only made it 10 miles before I watered out. You 'll never guess who came around the corner as I was working on my bike...Haley! I still don't know how she made it that far (12 watered out in first 3 miles) and really look determined as she passed me....me !!!!!! She made it to the first check 13 miles before houring out but I'm constantly reminded about how she took me to the woodshed...

Tbone screwed with this post 10-24-2014 at 09:18 AM
Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #204
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
Great stuff! Keep on racin' Haley And, good on ya Tbone for being the good influence on her.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #205
EOD3MC
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
Quite honestly I didn't look.. I'm sure it was last as I only did 2 laps. I haven't raced in a yr and the level of commitment to training and hammering the course is amazing for the "A" class. Jokers don't fool around. I hope to do a few more this yr but its hard to watch Haley when we race at the same time.

Haley and I did do an enduro last yr for the first time. Total mudfest as I only made it 10 miles before I watered out. You 'll never guess who came around the corner as I was working on my bike...Haley! I still don't know how she made it that far (12 watered out in first 3 miles) and really look determined as she passed me....me !!!!!! She made it to the first check 13 miles before houring out but I'm constantly reminded about how she took me to the woodshed...
and the student becomes the Master...
Hopefully I have a little while before mine do the same.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #206
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,456
Thast great. My daughter had kind of given up on riding but yesterday just asked me when we can go practice so that she can do a race

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #207
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Yesterday's race was a 10 mile loop of mud, mud, and mud (lots of stuck bikes). There were 6 girls in the Women's B class so lots of competition. Haley took the wrong line 3 miles in and got stuck with the whole class passing her. She reminded herself to stay calm and there was plenty of time to catch back up.

Soon enough she had worked her way back up to 2nd and passed for the lead when first place got buried in a mud hole. The last lap was a matter of her using her experience from the Richloam enduro last yr (Where she passed me when I watered out..argh!) and taking the time to look at a mudhole and figure out the best line. She hit a submerged stump with her foot but fought off the pain and brought home the win!

afterword she complained about lack of brakes and I see she went through the front and rear set of brake pads...mud races..$$$$$

Shes great friends with the girl who finished 2nd (and beat her 2 races ago). Here they are with their plaques over their faces as they exclaimed they both looked "ratchet!"

Tbone screwed with this post 11-24-2014 at 06:56 AM