Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #2116
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 1,994
I've decided that I will do a day ride up to the Alpine rally. Mnt Creek/Brindabella rd up - Wee Jasper forest road and the trig on the way home.

Leaving 1030 sharp Yass Caltex Comur street. Should be a lovely day for it.
Cheers
Fat

Sent from my iPhone using my thumb
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #2117
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
I've decided that I will do a day ride up to the Alpine rally. Mnt Creek/Brindabella rd up - Wee Jasper forest road and the trig on the way home.

Leaving 1030 sharp Yass Caltex Comur street. Should be a lovely day for it.
Cheers
Fat

Sent from my iPhone using my thumb
Thanks Fati - I'll try to get there by 10:00, but go without me if not - Sat morning a bit uncertain.

In case running late, looking for good directions - the web says: Brindabella Valley on the eastern side of the Goodradigbee River, approx 8kms from the CBR-Tumut road.

I'm assuming that the CBR-Tumut Rd is the Brindabella Rd? And that if I get to the bridge (@Crace rd) I've gone too far?

If that's all correct, is the turn off close to or between any other known turnoffs? For example (coming from CBR side), past Blue Range Rd? Past Piccadilly?

Will there be a sign on Brindabella Rd?
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #2118
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Thanks Fati - I'll try to get there by 10:00, but go without me if not - Sat morning a bit uncertain.

In case running late, looking for good directions - the web says: Brindabella Valley on the eastern side of the Goodradigbee River, approx 8kms from the CBR-Tumut road.

I'm assuming that the CBR-Tumut Rd is the Brindabella Rd? And that if I get to the bridge (@Crace rd) I've gone too far?

If that's all correct, is the turn off close to or between any other known turnoffs? For example (coming from CBR side), past Blue Range Rd? Past Piccadilly?

Just get to Piccadilly - then head down to the valley, as you get to the bottom of the valley, it opens up & the turnoff is not far away on your left - coming from that direction [heading west]

Head down that road [be a bit of flood damage], you'll go through several properties [past Brindabella Station], eventually you'll cross a small wet creek, about 1 - 2km from there, but it should be sign posted by Saturday.
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #2119
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Just get to Piccadilly - then head down to the valley, as you get to the bottom of the valley, it opens up & the turnoff is not far away on your left - coming from that direction [heading west]

Head down that road [be a bit of flood damage], you'll go through several properties [past Brindabella Station], eventually you'll cross a small wet creek, about 1 - 2km from there, but it should be sign posted by Saturday.
Cheers
Baza
Thanks Baza - should be no probs.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #2120
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
Thanks Baza - should be no probs.
I'll be in there somewhere, riding 'White Beast', not 'Kenny'
Watch out for that mad mob from Vic, Doonie & crew are coming in from Tumut side
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #2121
havafati
Yassdafarian

Quote:

No Worries mate. I won't be leaving till 10.30 so you've got a wee bit of time to play with. Just sneak out... push the bike to the front gate before you crank her over though
Cheers
Fati
Old 06-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #2122
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No Worries mate. I won't be leaving till 10.30 so you've got a wee bit of time to play with. Just sneak out... push the bike to the front gate before you crank her over though
Cheers
Fati
Are you going down Dog Trap / Cavan / Glenrock - to Mt Creek ... ?

Or slabbing up on the main road to the start of Mt Creek ... ?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #2123
havafati
Yassdafarian

Quote:
Are you going down Dog Trap / Cavan / Glenrock - to Mt Creek ... ?

Or slabbing up on the main road to the start of Mt Creek ... ?
I can do Dog Trap if you like. It's all good to me, just not to the hillbilly's at the end of DogTrap he don't like us much
Git orf me property ya varmits
Fati
Old 06-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #2124
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
I can do Dog Trap if you like. It's all good to me, just not to the hillbilly's at the end of DogTrap he don't like us much
Fati
They seem to think everything belongs to them sometimes,
Still living in the land-baron days I reckon
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #2125
petie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Jealous, wish I could head out over the weekend but gotta work. Have a sweet ride, will have to get shown around out that way by someone.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #2126
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Fati
I duck over the ford at the end of Dog Trap pretty regularly – have not had any flak from Farmer Bob to date – he may just dislike beemers ... or beards ... or Fatis with beards on beemers ... always figured that farmers who share their road with a contingent of huge sand trucks (circa 10 a day) can’t be too thingy about the occasional little two-wheeled mosquito – generally wave enthusiastically, and he waves back uncertainly, wondering who he was supposed to have recognised under the helmet ... the grimy meerkat on Hawthorn Rd (ford at end of Wallaroo) is a different story – he’s several times popped up from doing something unsavoury in amongst the rubbish lying around his sheep yard and trotted toward his quad bike – haven’t waited around to see that one through – has the old red flanno / Belanglo / Wolf Creek thing happening ...

Will see how things look tomorrow evening and let you know – may have to bring my partner's horses back here Sat morning ...
Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #2127
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
I duck over the ford at the end of Dog Trap pretty regularly – have not had any flak from Farmer Bob to date – he may just dislike beemers ... or beards ... or Fatis with beards on beemers ... always figured that farmers who share their road with a contingent of huge sand trucks (circa 10 a day) can’t be too thingy about the occasional little two-wheeled mosquito – generally wave enthusiastically, and he waves back uncertainly, wondering who he was supposed to have recognised under the helmet ... the grimy meerkat on Hawthorn Rd (ford at end of Wallaroo) is a different story – he’s several times popped up from doing something unsavoury in amongst the rubbish lying around his sheep yard and trotted toward his quad bike – haven’t waited around to see that one through – has the old red flanno / Belanglo / Wolf Creek thing happening ...

Will see how things look tomorrow evening and let you know – may have to bring my partner's horses back here Sat morning ...
Shit, you've been out like me - meeting all the lovely country folk from out that way,
I only have to pull up & have a yarn - they pick I'm a country bloke
& usually mellow out as we bullshit away,
But then I can sling some names around from our family history & that is an easy problem fixer too
Hope catch up ith ya if you make it out there
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #2128
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,332
Well, poofters, I bought a new, I repeat NEW, sleeping bag today. So I'm running out of excuses. I even squared it up with the missus too.

So who's taking bets on whether the Omnipotent One makes a fashionably-late arrival? Let me know the odds, I'm open to corruption.

And wot's for dinner? I'll be starvin' by dark.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #2129
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
Well, poofters, I bought a new, I repeat NEW, sleeping bag today. So I'm running out of excuses. I even squared it up with the missus too.

So who's taking bets on whether the Omnipotent One makes a fashionably-late arrival? Let me know the odds, I'm open to corruption.

And wot's for dinner? I'll be starvin' by dark.
Friday or Saturday?, I'll knock over a Wombat on the way in?
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #2130
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

It's white over here, -4c ?
Cheers
Baza