Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #2266
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 8,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
Yer a good bloke Baz, and one who can follow instructions too, you'll make someone a luverly missus one day............
Jeez, I'm getting worried if ya reckon I'd make a good missus!!!!
Is there an element in your life that's lacking perhaps???????
But then again any compliment greatfully accepted [but I'm worried still]
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #2267
roscoau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
I'm not sure if anything was arranged for drinkies? I'm in Bega right now. Ural did 575km today without a whimper but I'm going to stiff tomorrow.

I think I'll hang out here and head for 'berra on Saturday.

The nice Policeman was frustrated! Four times he passed me or I went through his radar. He gave up first and went home.

--
iPad + Tapatalk HD

Speed limits: a challenge, not a restriction - Ural

Ural - speed limits aren't a restriction, they are an achievement!
roscoau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #2268
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,836
HELLO Canberra!

G'day Guys and Gals in 'Berra. I seem to remember a thread last winter regarding ELECTRIC RIDING GEAR. Can't find it again. But there were a few that had bought stuff, and I was wondering how it was performing, regrets, wishes, upgrades, etc.
Just got home from Melb airport, (2hrs), and keep wondering.....
Thanks in advance. Yo!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #2269
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post

A relaxing 250k each way to the Bega valley, no camping gear needed ...
I notice that Wadbilliga Rd is open again - was that your plan? - could do a nice loop, coming back through Belowra - maybe stay at one of the Tilbas, or thereabouts?

Might have another plan in mind, but this was a ride JD and I had half-planned to do at some stage - thwarted at that time by Wadbilliga Rd closure ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #2270
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
....... thwarted at that time by Wadbilliga Rd closure ...
Which was never really closed to bikes anyway as it happens.

Still some problems getting across the Tuross onto Wandella FT, bit deep, although it looks like its now closer to 1 m, rather than the 2 m it was after the rains. Not sure about Green Hills though, I and I heard there has been some ownership changes to complicate access. Jillicambria used to be a great climb too, but haven't been in there for years.Then of course there is Razorback, I was there a month or so ago, in fcat the weekend just before our run up Dowling. And I still have to follow that access up too.

Steve
Old 06-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #2271
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
Which was never really closed to bikes anyway as it happens.

Still some problems getting across the Tuross onto Wandella FT, bit deep, although it looks like its now closer to 1 m, rather than the 2 m it was after the rains. Not sure about Green Hills though, I and I heard there has been some ownership changes to complicate access. Jillicambria used to be a great climb too, but haven't been in there for years.Then of course there is Razorback, I was there a month or so ago, in fcat the weekend just before our run up Dowling. And I still have to follow that access up too.

Steve
Thanks Steve - at that time I was thinking (ex Countegany, West to East) Tuross Rd / Wadbilliga Rd / Bourke's Rd / Yowrie Rd / Wandella Rd to Cobargo - having a bit of trouble identifying the Tuross River crossing you mean - does it feature on this route (ie as above)?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #2272
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Steve - at that time I was thinking (ex Countegany, West to East) Tuross Rd / Wadbilliga Rd / Bourke's Rd / Yowrie Rd / Wandella Rd to Cobargo - having a bit of trouble identifying the Tuross River crossing you mean - does it feature on this route (ie as above)?
Its a km or 2 east of the eastern end of the Belowra Valley and heads south past Peak Alone, which is worth a visit for the view, one of the all time greats. Peak Alone can be accessed from the south via Yowrie though, and definitely worth a visit on a clear day, like today. Might have to get after the frost dissolves...
Old 06-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #2273
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

PS, if you pm me an email address I can send you some Google Earth kmz files.

Steve
Old 06-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #2274
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Out of interest, just called Narooma parks office to hear their take on this - apparently all OK at present - using that route, mostly bridged crossings at the Eastern end - but perhaps not the most intrepid route ...
Old 06-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #2275
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Out of interest, just called Narooma parks office to hear their take on this - apparently all OK at present - using that route, mostly bridged crossings at the Eastern end - but perhaps not the most intrepid route ...
Our posts just crossed I think ...
Old 06-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #2276
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
We came from Moruya through to Yowrie along easy FTs and back roads, so have the kmz for that. Onto Razorback though, and that is a potentially difficult climb, very steep, with numerous very tight and steep hairpin turns, a few rock steps, and some ruts. Fun if you clean it, not so much if you don't. A Triumph 800 was virtually a write off by the time it got to the top.

And then once at the top, its either across the swamp to Tuross, or along the dog fence to Brown Mt. The swamp is now 3 swamps, and can take some time to cross, and not a place for heavy bikes.

Steve
Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #2277
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
We came from Moruya through to Yowrie along easy FTs and back roads, so have the kmz for that. Onto Razorback though, and that is a potentially difficult climb, very steep, with numerous very tight and steep hairpin turns, a few rock steps, and some ruts. Fun if you clean it, not so much if you don't. A Triumph 800 was virtually a write off by the time it got to the top.

And then once at the top, its either across the swamp to Tuross, or along the dog fence to Brown Mt. The swamp is now 3 swamps, and can take some time to cross, and not a place for heavy bikes.

Steve
Have PM'd my email address re' Google Earth file.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #2278
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Steve

Posted is a couple of pics of Razorback and the Triumph afterwards, was nearly new before. Not my pics and not sure you can see them with security from the originator. Do they appear for you?

Steve
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #2279
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Posted is a couple of pics of Razorback and the Triumph afterwards, was nearly new before. Not my pics and not sure you can see them with security from the originator. Do they appear for you?

Steve
They do - and they convince me to avoid the road less travelled ...

That said, good to see that your DR pulled through unscathed - extensive Mad Max mods notwithstanding ...
Old 06-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #2280
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
They do - and they convince me to avoid the road less travelled ...

That said, good to see that the your DR pulled through unscathed - extensive Mad Max mods notwithstanding ...
I was one of 4 out of 15 to get up cleanly. Being on a smaller bike helped for sure, especially on the hairpins where the big bikes struggled to regain momentum after slowing. All experienced and very capable riders too, a very high standard of ability across the group. Took about 2 hrs to get them all up, and then it was dark, and the Trumpy then had no ligts, which meant a few more offs. It also needs the dash plugged into the harness, else no spark. A roll of duct tape was usefull. Legendary ride

Steve