ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #2971
ferals5
f5eral
 
ferals5's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Goulburn, Australia
Oddometer: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
Okay boys and, hey wait a minute.... ;)

I've decided to go with this route this time.... time constraints, but will probably still take me 5 hours or so.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?sadd...&lci=bike&z=13

only just saw Bergdonk's post.... I'm heading for Katoomba so even though that route looks fun and interesting and something I want to do, not in the direction I'm going..... I was hoping for something more linking Blackheath to the area immediately west of it, but then I guess I'm not riding a mountain goat :)

I'm also assuming you can get petrol in Berrima...???? If not, I'll fill up in Marulan.
No petrol at Berrima, you'll need enough to make Mittagong
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #2972
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 8,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferals5 View Post
No petrol at Berrima, you'll need enough to make Mittagong
Getting hard to find petrol these days, none @ Wee Jasper, lots of other little villages that once had fuel are no longer open,
Usually when a store/fuel bowser is closed, Councils usually require a revamp of the tanks / bowsers, etc., before the store can reopen, costs of replacing tanks are too high & the store never reopens with fuel.
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - 2015], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project' x2 [for sale]
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #2973
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 379
Mt Coree....

So, I didn't do the big ride on the weekend... packed the bike and halfway to Queanbeyan realised I was really tired and the wind was too much, so opted for a six pack and a hammock instead....

Waiting for hoots to get on with his work so we can go in a couple of weeks instead... :)

In the meantime, here's a pic of me just before the ant in my helmet made itself known... summit of Mt Coree on Friday last, with two other bikes...

stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #2974
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post

So, I didn't do the big ride on the weekend... packed the bike and halfway to Queanbeyan realised I was really tired and the wind was too much, so opted for a six pack and a hammock instead....

Waiting for hoots to get on with his work so we can go in a couple of weeks instead... :)

In the meantime, here's a pic of me just before the ant in my helmet made itself known... summit of Mt Coree on Friday last, with two other bikes...
Putting those Stone Kings to good use ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #2975
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Putting those Stone Kings to good use ...
That's Stone MASTER to you...

and yeah NO traction issues on this trip at all. I'm liking steep uphills on these tyres.

Think the rear would have worn out by the time I rode to Mittagong, so glad I cancelled that ride. Gotta stick to as much dirt as I can on this rear!!!
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #2976
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 379
Early morning cruise, Tuesday 5th

Seeing as the weekend was a write-off, I'm gonna do a slow cruise on some dirt tracks in the morning, Tuesday 5th. 630am start*.

Be warned I'm starting early as I want not to hurry and get to work by 10am... :)

Plan is Kaveneys Rd - Cavan - Glenrock - Mountain Creek - Doctors Flat Rd - Wee Jasper Rd - probably returning via Mountain Creek - Glenrock etc.

If anyone would like an easy cruise early in the morning, let me know :)


*subject to availability... 90% sure I don't have to take boys to school in the morning, but if I do I'll have to do it another day.

stuser screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 07:57 PM
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #2977
stuc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Canberra
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Getting hard to find petrol these days, none @ Wee Jasper, lots of other little villages that once had fuel are no longer open,
Usually when a store/fuel bowser is closed, Councils usually require a revamp of the tanks / bowsers, etc., before the store can reopen, costs of replacing tanks are too high & the store never reopens with fuel.
Cheers
Baza

Captains Flat too

Apparently the bridge across the molonglo won't take the weight of a truck n'more so the servo is closed. Another blow for a struggling town.
stuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #2978
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 8,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuc View Post
Captains Flat too

Apparently the bridge across the molonglo won't take the weight of a truck n'more so the servo is closed. Another blow for a struggling town.

Which bridge are you talking about, been a few years since I've been out that way, so can't remember where you're talking about
I'll soon be able to hide my own easter eggs soon, f_____g memory is short to shit @ moment.
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - 2015], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project' x2 [for sale]
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #2979
stuc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Canberra
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Which bridge are you talking about, been a few years since I've been out that way, so can't remember where you're talking about
I'll soon be able to hide my own easter eggs soon, f_____g memory is short to shit @ moment.
Cheers
Baza
Most like you'll just forget it's easter, that's what I'd do. Anyway it's the bridge on the main drag into town from Queanbeyan:

http://www.captainsflat.org/document...%20Options.pdf
stuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #2980
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 8,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuc View Post
Most like you'll just forget it's easter, that's what I'd do. Anyway it's the bridge on the main drag into town from Queanbeyan:

http://www.captainsflat.org/document...%20Options.pdf

Typical council paperwork, round & round in circles!!!!
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - 2015], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project' x2 [for sale]
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #2981
tinbum
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Carwoola NSW
Oddometer: 135
Candid camera (keep your helmets on !)

Police believe the same offenders are responsible for damage caused in November and December last year based on the footage from the incidents.


Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...#ixzz2JxxDHtXu


Smile guys

Big brother is watching

tinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #2982
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 379
Okay which one of you rev heads sped past me on a BMW on Mountain Creek Rd this morning??? :)

my poor little KLR.... putt putt putt

:)
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #2983
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
Okay which one of you rev heads sped past me on a BMW on Mountain Creek Rd this morning??? :)

my poor little KLR.... putt putt putt

:)
Wasn't a big fella with a beard, was it ... ?
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #2984
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Wasn't a big fella with a beard, was it ... ?
couldn't tell. Had three large square boxes on. Went round corners faster than me... but that's not hard...
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #2985
havafati
Yassdafarian
 
havafati's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Yass, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 2,061
Wasn't me. I was still sleeping.
Cheers
Fati
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014