ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #3106
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Strange angle but better than straight in the guts I suppose!!
Cheers
Baza
does make you wonder exactly which direction the tyre was going in at the time.....
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #3107
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,964
Suspension Workshops

I facilitate these with Frank Pons a few times a year down here and been happening for the last 10 years now. Its next on again in April 19/20/21. I'm hopefully not out of order posting this here, but if you want to know more, PM me. Used to be enduro focused, but its expanded now to ADV type stuff too. Frank is magic with the shims.
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z
BergDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #3108
Hoo-2b-2day
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 209
Accident

Yesterday I was teken out by a woman running a red light. A small bit of luck was that I had turned the corner and was going the same direction as her so lessened the impact but I've still got a couple of broken ribs and assorted spains and bruising on my right hand side, Depite rolling a fair bit nil damage to my ledf hand side or head.

Another bit of luck was there were several people witnessed the car going thu on the red (after the cross lights had turned green) and gave statments to the police .

The bike (a kl250 I brought for the kids to learn on only a couple of weeks ago) seems to have come through in far better condition than me.

So despite rally looking forward to the Cold Flane this coming weekend I'll be at home mending, and for a few weekends there-after and it may be a close call for the Autumn leaf.

But considering the type of accident I've actually come away in fairly good nick if painfull - Such is life.

For the next week or so no-one post any good jokes - laughing is bloody agony with broken ribs.

Finally I hate Canberra diver and their attitude to traffic lights, Green go through, amber -same as green, red accelerate and try and get through befiore the crass traffic starts moving.

Anyway I've had my winge all who are going to the Cold flame have a great weekend.
Hoo-2b-2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #3109
havafati
Yassdafarian
 
havafati's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Yass, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 1,978
Thumbs down Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo-2b-2day View Post
Yesterday I was teken out by a woman running a red light. A small bit of luck was that I had turned the corner and was going the same direction as her so lessened the impact but I've still got a couple of broken ribs and assorted spains and bruising on my right hand side, Depite rolling a fair bit nil damage to my ledf hand side or head.

Another bit of luck was there were several people witnessed the car going thu on the red (after the cross lights had turned green) and gave statments to the police .

The bike (a kl250 I brought for the kids to learn on only a couple of weeks ago) seems to have come through in far better condition than me.

So despite rally looking forward to the Cold Flane this coming weekend I'll be at home mending, and for a few weekends there-after and it may be a close call for the Autumn leaf.

But considering the type of accident I've actually come away in fairly good nick if painfull - Such is life.

For the next week or so no-one post any good jokes - laughing is bloody agony with broken ribs.

Finally I hate Canberra diver and their attitude to traffic lights, Green go through, amber -same as green, red accelerate and try and get through befiore the crass traffic starts moving.

Anyway I've had my winge all who are going to the Cold flame have a great weekend.
Shit mate thats no good. Sue her for everything. Rest up and heal, hope you make it to the Leaf, who else will take photos of everything I forget I've done. +1 on the Canberra drivers as well

Cheers
Fati
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #3110
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
Shit mate thats no good. Sue her for everything. Rest up and heal, hope you make it to the Leaf, who else will take photos of everything I forget I've done. +1 on the Canberra drivers as well

Cheers
Fati
Ditto bugger!
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z
BergDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #3111
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,540
Not real flash @ roundabouts either!, they just pretend they don't see ya & go for it!, pricks will have large dent if I land on their car
Get well Ryan, see ya when I sees ya
CHEERS
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #3112
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo-2b-2day View Post
Yesterday I was teken out by a woman running a red light.
Finally I hate Canberra diver and their attitude to traffic lights, Green go through, amber -same as green, red accelerate and try and get through befiore the crass traffic starts moving.

Anyway I've had my winge all who are going to the Cold flame have a great weekend.
Sorry to hear that mate.
Yeah the amount of times I've almost been taken out in Canberra it is ridiculous.

Heal well.

Best not read the funnies then, take a look at this thread instead ;)

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3155&page=1047
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #3113
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,540
what range of good Engineers Supplies we got in Canberra now!!
Blackwoods & who else???????
Couldn't get a F###*#g 7/16ths washer anywhere in Yass today, had to shell out $40 to buy a tapered carbide tip to make my own washers ]
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #3114
ferals5
865+652
 
ferals5's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Goulburn, Australia
Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
what range of good Engineers Supplies we got in Canberra now!!
Blackwoods & who else???????
Couldn't get a F###*#g 7/16ths washer anywhere in Yass today, had to shell out $40 to buy a tapered carbide tip to make my own washers ]
Cheers
Baza

can't help ya...i got nothin

ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #3115
JD
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JD's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra
Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
what range of good Engineers Supplies we got in Canberra now!!
Blackwoods & who else???????
Couldn't get a F###*#g 7/16ths washer anywhere in Yass today, had to shell out $40 to buy a tapered carbide tip to make my own washers ]
Cheers
Baza
Specialty fasteners in Townsville St.

Nuts, Bolt & Screws in Sandford St? (no mention of washers in there though )
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #3116
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Specialty fasteners in Townsville St.

Nuts, Bolt & Screws in Sandford St? (no mention of washers in there though )
+1 Specialty Fasteners
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z
BergDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #3117
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,540
Thanks guys, thought that would be the case,
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #3118
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
robmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 3,767
Bazz , Mitre 10.
__________________
I ride alone and not a KTM in sight .
Menace Racing supported by Robmoto Industries
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #3119
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto View Post
Bazz , Mitre 10.

That's what I ended up doing, bought some 5/8 washers [$4.95] & a tapered carbide machine tool [$39.95], & made my own washers to size!!!
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #3120
Benz-in-Oz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Benz-in-Oz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Murrumbateman NSW
Oddometer: 164
Bazz what the hell do you own that has imperial fasteners. Don't recall seeing anything in your shed that wasn't Japanese.

Graeme
Benz-in-Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014