Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #3331
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
"no displayable images"......

You have seen his face, haven't you? Only a mother.....
Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #3332
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,252
Baza (others):
This is the route I was trying to describe at lunch yesterday ...
Stockdale Rd / Parsons Creek Rd
Then turn right onto Nanangroe Rd (called Adjungbilly Rd in some places) and back to the sealed Gobarralong-Adjungbilly Rd ...
An alternative to the Gobarralong-Adjungbilly Rd for getting from Jugiong up to the Wee J road ...
Do you know if you can get through this way?
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #3333
GodSilla
I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan View Post
Latent Late Sippers

I was off to w o r k this morning down the prkwy at kamba saw tom on the 600. I tooted waved gave him the finger. Typical BMW jacketed rider ignoring the Huskies.

I was looking Davo, but all I saw was dead people........ .

Damn fine ride yesterday, since you asked. I rode some dirt roads I haven't seen before, and some were real purty too. I was on the tiddler bike so I rode tail-end-charlie, and ended up eating a lot of dust, I can't say it enhanced the experience either. Makes rocks look attractive. The weather gods were kind, nobody died, and luckily I took my own sambo, 'cos the theiving vaginas at Jugiong sure know how to charge.
Every menu item comes with a caramelised roasted gem-infused red wine jus, hand-crushed (at sunset, by virgins) Moroccan blue sesame seeds drizzled in baby-fur-seal-filtered Antarctic Balsamic 1948 Grange red wine vinegar, and topped off with fresh daily southwest Fukushima Japanese female seaweed tossed in vintage Dom Perignon and shredded 18 ct. gold leaf. I asked if they had such a thing as a "humble pie", sure she replied, it's lamb, olive and fetta and costs $19. For a pie. I felt real humble. I wish you'd been there too Davo, to share the humility around. The coffee was tolerable, luckily.
Thanks to Hoots and Baz for showing us the way (sounds religious eh). Good weather, good company, and a good (home made) sambo, things could be worse.

UPDATE : Davo, I did hear you beeping, at the traffic lights by the Kambah Village. I thought it was behind me and had a gander, but they all looked innocent enough, so I didn't kill any of them and assumed it was someone else's toot and kept going.

GodSilla screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 09:46 PM
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #3334
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
I was looking Davo, but all I saw was dead people........ .

Damn fine ride yesterday, since you asked. I rode some dirt roads I haven't seen before, and some were real purty too. I was on the tiddler bike so I rode tail-end-charlie, and ended up eating a lot of dust, I can't say it enhanced the experience either. Makes rocks look attractive. The weather gods were kind, nobody died, and luckily I took my own sambo, 'cos the theiving vaginas at Jugiong sure know how to charge.
Every menu item comes with a caremelised roasted gem-infused red wine jus, hand-crushed (at sunset) Moroccan blue sesame drizzled in seal-filtered Antarctic Balsamic vinegar, and topped off with fresh daily southwest Fukushima Japanese female seaweed tossed in vintage Dom Perignon and shredded 18 ct. gold leaf. I asked if they had such a thing as a "humble pie", sure she replied, it's lamb, olive and fetta and costs $19. For a pie. I felt real humble. The coffee was tolerable, luckily.
Thanks to Hoots and Baz for showing us the way (sounds religious eh). Good weather, good company, and a good (home made) sambo, things could be worse.
It is a bit hard and dusty at present - perhaps marginally better this week, after the light sprinkle - I've found that the time you put into putting a route into the GPS (and thereby going ahead) you save on cleaning the air filter ...
Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #3335
GodSilla
I did that.

I confess I'm used to being up front and leading my directionally-challenged mates, so it was a bit of culture shock for me. I was reminded of the DSMRA rides I used to do, when they grew to be large groups. The worst bit yesterday was the way the dust obliterated my vision, if I wasn't in clouds of the stuff it was coating my visor and sunnies, inside and out, so even in clear air it still looked like a pea-soup fog. This is why we need more women in politics, if my missus was on the local council she'd ensure that all that dust got vacuumed away for sure.

GodSilla screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 09:36 PM Reason: typo
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #3336
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Baza (others):
This is the route I was trying to describe at lunch yesterday ...
Stockdale Rd / Parsons Creek Rd
Then turn right onto Nanangroe Rd (called Adjungbilly Rd in some places) and back to the sealed Gobarralong-Adjungbilly Rd ...
An alternative to the Gobarralong-Adjungbilly Rd for getting from Jugiong up to the Wee J road ...
Do you know if you can get through this way?
Yes, been this way! Nanan groe Rd is a dead end if you turn to the left
A cockey at Jugiong has put me on to another alternative, its thru private property ,but only for a short period, cockey said dont worry a bout it, but its not his property!
sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #3337
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetrack one View Post
Yes, been this way! Nanan groe Rd is a dead end if you turn to the left
A cockey at Jugiong has put me on to another alternative, its thru private property ,but only for a short period, cockey said dont worry a bout it, but its not his property!
Thanks Sidetrack - good to know ...

Having another look at the map, should be able to join this up with Jeremiah Rd - takes you up to the Wee J Rd, before the main turnoff down to Jugiong etc ...
Old 05-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #3338
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,738
Have to go for another ride down through there one day, my grandfather managed a property down there called 'Wingingully' - back in the thirties/forties, good excuse for 'getting lost'
We did go past 'Westbourne' yesterday, Dad was managing it up until I was three
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #3339
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Just got off the phone to 'fati, having a good time, said to g'day to everyone, sounds pretty worn out from the ride though, had a lot of deep sand today, said the send-off to Bill was very moving
Cheers
Baza
Old 05-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #3340
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 2,020
Laugh

G'day Folks It's a bit dry up here

Fati

havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #3341
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post

Fati

Good on ya Fati!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #3342
GodSilla
I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post

Fati
Solution to dryness : BEER.

Solution to whining about weather while on a fantastic ride : HTFU, and BEER.

Solution to the face in the photo : Your MUM will always love you, despite your rotten Brisbane Lions cap.

Solution to my envy : NONE, I'm afraid. Wish I was there too.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #3343
havafati
Yassdafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
Solution to dryness : BEER.

Solution to whining about weather while on a fantastic ride : HTFU, and BEER.

Solution to the face in the photo : Your MUM will always love you, despite your rotten Brisbane Lions cap.

Solution to my envy : NONE, I'm afraid. Wish I was there too.
Haha suffer in ya jocks mate. Dryness is no probs plenty of beer here.

Cheers
Fati

Sent from my iPhone using my thumb
Old 05-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #3344
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Bloody good shot 'fati - as usual
Strudy's all ready for the mighty 'egg&spoon' this weekend @ the 'Loaded Dog'
Doc & Duck are threatening use their secret weapon - sobriety, they're staying dry until after the event, betcha it doesn't happen
reckon Strudy & I might lose just to watch then drink the XXXX Jim always gives out for prizes
Cheers
Baza
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #3345
havafati
Yassdafarian

Leaving Birdsville this morning spot will be on at about 10ish. Inside Birdsville track today and a hot spa at mungunerrie??? (spelling) tonight.
Cheers
Fati

Sent from my iPhone using my thumb