Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #3571
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post

That would be the canberrariders.org.au morons that can't string together a sentence about riding without the words "roost" or "shred". I'd like to see how long they would last here if they tried posting up the same crap bagging out Adv riders.

You may have noticed hardly anyone posts on CR any more because of a handful of wankers, and the mods on that site either don't know or don't care.
I got bored with it and took myself off the system ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maadonna View Post

Oh yeah...you mostly don't know me. I have a f700gs & a wr250r and am a pretty rubbish rider of both.
No you're not ...

Come out and do some paddock practice sometime ...

Hoots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #3572
maadonna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post

I'm definitely going to - but am just about to go on holidays for a couple of weeks. Will come practice when I get back :-)
maadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #3573
JD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I got bored with it and took myself off the system ...

No you're not ...

Hey, can I come too? You mightn't need the paddock ploughed for a while then
JD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #3574
stuser
Putt putt putt

Oddometer: 374
Quote:

I will no doubt invite myself on more rides when it stops being so freezing
Bah. It's not -30.... :)

I highly recommend my new space cadet (RST Titanium Outlast) jacket. It works much better than I hoped.... coming into to work today at wind chill way below zero, didn't feel a thing. Makes a big difference.

Have a great time overseas.....

(Need someone to "start" your bikes once in a while... ;) ?)
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #3575
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post

Hey, can I come too? You mightn't need the paddock ploughed for a while then
You can ...
Hoots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #3576
Jdeks
Departed

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Actually, they do know & care but don't know how to deal with it / aren't brave enough to. To the level that when I told someone to piss off I had moderators thanking me.

HAH. I don't even need to read it to know exactly who you're talking about. Well done. Can't figure out why they don't deal with it - the "ban" button is right there....

Welcome to the big pond donna - you'll fit right in
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #3577
Hoo-2b-2day
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 209
Bluhduh

Madonna,

Welcome to the forum, asylum, footcake farm, etc etc (you will eventually understand this choice of descriptions)

The fact that you judge yourself as a "rubbish rider" probably means you are more competant than you think amd are able to assess your ability without letting ego take control. will the right mindset and some good guidance you find your confidence - and (though I am thouth to pamper to their ego's) there is alot of quality experience to tap into from the people on this forum (me being one of the exceptions to this rule)

Around Canberra, and no doubt elsewhere (the Snowy Ride comes to mind) there are many motorcyle owners who believe they are amazing but definately aint. During summer I avoid the Cotter area because of these ######### - they may have the latest flashiest machines but too many would have done better to spend some of their money on learning how to ride. Interestigly the one & only time I looked at the Canberra Riders FB page I got the impression that it was a homepage for this sort of person.

From what you have written you look set for a good future riding - hope to see you round sometime.
Hoo-2b-2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #3578
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo-2b-2day View Post
Madonna,

Welcome to the forum, asylum, footcake farm, etc etc (you will eventually understand this choice of descriptions)

The fact that you judge yourself as a "rubbish rider" probably means you are more competant than you think amd are able to assess your ability without letting ego take control. will the right mindset and some good guidance you find your confidence - and (though I am thouth to pamper to their ego's) there is alot of quality experience to tap into from the people on this forum (me being one of the exceptions to this rule)

Around Canberra, and no doubt elsewhere (the Snowy Ride comes to mind) there are many motorcyle owners who believe they are amazing but definately aint. During summer I avoid the Cotter area because of these ######### - they may have the latest flashiest machines but too many would have done better to spend some of their money on learning how to ride. Interestigly the one & only time I looked at the Canberra Riders FB page I got the impression that it was a homepage for this sort of person.

From what you have written you look set for a good future riding - hope to see you round sometime.

+1
Well said old son, PM sent
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #3579
maadonna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo-2b-2day View Post
Madonna,

Ha :-) I avoid the cotter all year round because it is rubbish and riding to tuggeranong to do some corners is just weird.

There are some very nice folks on CR and I would not have become as obsessed with riding without them - I've met some great people, including @jdeks, @stuser, @hoots & @JD, but the baby dirt riders really need a good slap around the ears.

I will get on a ride with you all soon. I'm wintering in London (LOL, not really, just holidaying) then come back into full swing of work for a month. But by September it will be warmer (& stu can stop calling me a wimp, but riding in the cold is just crap) & I'll want to be out.
maadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #3580
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,634
Quote:
Ha :-) I avoid the cotter all year round because it is rubbish and riding to tuggeranong to do some corners is just weird.

There are some very nice folks on CR and I would not have become as obsessed with riding without them - I've met some great people, including @jdeks, @stuser, @hoots & @JD, but the baby dirt riders really need a good slap around the ears.

I will get on a ride with you all soon. I'm wintering in London (LOL, not really, just holidaying) then come back into full swing of work for a month. But by September it will be warmer (& stu can stop calling me a wimp, but riding in the cold is just crap) & I'll want to be out.
Plenty of times happening about then;-
'TTT' 24-25 Aug, 'Dargo' 13-15 Sep, couple of good gnarley dirt track rallys
Check out the threads for them on here somewhere
Oh, by the way, welcome the to asylum maadonna, you'll get used to zoo eventually
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #3581
Jdeks
Departed

Quote:
I avoid the cotter all year round because it is rubbish and riding to tuggeranong to do some corners is just weird.
You owe me a coke, donna, to replace the one you just made me spray all over my keyboard.

At least the shredddddd crew don't waste everyones time with excessively long, rambling ride reports, like some people in that place.

Oh and "@" tags don't work here. If you want to get someones attention try SHOUTING LOUDLY.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #3582
JD
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeks View Post
You owe me a coke, donna, to replace the one you just made me spray all over my keyboard.

At least the shredddddd crew don't waste everyones time with excessively long, rambling ride reports, like some people in that place.

Oh and "@" tags don't work here. If you want to get someones attention try SHOUTING LOUDLY.
WHAT? DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? WHAT?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #3583
Jdeks
Departed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd View Post
what? did you say something? what?
wash your ears, grandpa!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #3584
JD
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeks View Post
wash your ears, grandpa!!!
And you dry behind yours, sonny
Old 07-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #3585
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 1,994
OK just booked leave for a few things coming up

TTT going
Dargo high plains rally going
Trout Rally going

And the bigun next year the OCR in August. What say on this one Jdeks? 27th July to 31st of August.

Who's keen.

Cheers
Fati

Sent from my iPhone using my thumb
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote