Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
All the answers... Finally
1. 80kgs with a load capacity of 175
2. Penchorn Enterprises in 1999
3. Top is not removable, side lift and lock.
4. 360 swivel hitch
5. First trailer for me
6. $60 a year in NSW

First test ride today and I nearly forgot it was there. Beautiful.

Cheers
Fati
I bet the big beemer shines as a towing bike ...

Hoots screwed with this post 12-18-2013 at 11:12 AM
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #4367
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I be the big beemer shines as a towing bike ...
No problems at all

Cheers
Fati
havafati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #4368
dirty dennis
are we there yet

Oddometer: 2,007
Quote:
No problems at all

Cheers
Fati
You heading into town with that about 1-1.30 this arvo?

7th Day Adventourist & Yassdasafarian
dirty dennis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #4369
havafati
Yassdafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dennis View Post
You heading into town with that about 1-1.30 this arvo?

Yeah mate that was me.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:52 AM   #4370
dirty dennis
are we there yet

Oddometer: 2,007
Quote:
Yeah mate that was me.
Thought it was a new type of B double

7th Day Adventourist & Yassdasafarian
dirty dennis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #4371
havafati
Yassdafarian

it does feel long
Old 12-18-2013, 04:01 AM   #4372
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 6,994
Looking good dude, another long hauler on the road
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #4373
wiz.au
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Tyres....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
Seems to me that google will help find lots of problems with all tyres... !!

I'm leaning towards the Mitas at the moment. Bummed that Pirelli don't make their tyres to fit my rear wheel.

So, E07 or E09.... I guess I'm aiming for maximum off-road ability in the ACT region... for the warmer months... ideas anyone? Is the 09 really noticeably better in the rough stuff?
I've had multiple E09 Dakar and K60 (old version, no centre rib) and can honestly say the E09 has way better grip in the "bad" stuff. The K60 is a "dual purpose" tyre. Not bad on the road, but really shows it's deficiencies in the mud and loose stuff. Lots of sideways action going on when it really shouldn't. Locks up quite easily on dirt roads, which isn't a bad thing when you need a bit more angle into a turn. Digs holes in sand and just spins.

The E09 is pretty much a full knobby and lasted as long as the K60's do on my 650, but I did notice a slightly perceptible buzz or vibration on the road. Lost two lids from my tool tube with the E09. Have never lost one with either of the two K60's. I put it down to the vibration working the screw lid loose. But noticble difference in grip off-road, both in drive/brake, and lateral.

D606 on the front, but am going to try the touted Pirelli Scorpion Rallye mentioned here for my next front tyre. The D606 has angled knobs quite badly now at @4,000km. The Kenda BigBlock did too. The E09 front wore much better, but had smaller knobs to start with than the D606, but about the same as the Kenda. Definately feel more confident with the D606 over the others. Front wheel seems to grip and track better off-road.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #4374
stuser
Putt putt putt

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz.au View Post
I've had multiple E09 Dakar and K60 (old version, no centre rib) and can honestly say the E09 has way better grip in the "bad" stuff. The K60 is a "dual purpose" tyre. Not bad on the road, but really shows it's deficiencies in the mud and loose stuff. Lots of sideways action going on when it really shouldn't. Locks up quite easily on dirt roads, which isn't a bad thing when you need a bit more angle into a turn. Digs holes in sand and just spins.

The E09 is pretty much a full knobby and lasted as long as the K60's do on my 650, but I did notice a slightly perceptible buzz or vibration on the road. Lost two lids from my tool tube with the E09. Have never lost one with either of the two K60's. I put it down to the vibration working the screw lid loose. But noticble difference in grip off-road, both in drive/brake, and lateral.

D606 on the front, but am going to try the touted Pirelli Scorpion Rallye mentioned here for my next front tyre. The D606 has angled knobs quite badly now at @4,000km. The Kenda BigBlock did too. The E09 front wore much better, but had smaller knobs to start with than the D606, but about the same as the Kenda. Definately feel more confident with the D606 over the others. Front wheel seems to grip and track better off-road.
thanks.

and even though I have limited experience, I can tell you that the Scorpion Rally I have on the front of my KLR700 has been confidence building.... never once have I felt like it wasn't up to the task... dirt, road whatever. Okay maybe once you hit 150km/h it gets a bit neeeehhhhh but on the dirt it has been great.

Mine is now up to about 8000km on my KLR (with plenty of road miles).... it's getting close to the end of its dirt life, but it still grips well in the dry.... and yes it starts off with deeeep knobs. Def recommended. I'm not even gonna bother testing any others on the front.
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #4375
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
thanks.

and even though I have limited experience, I can tell you that the Scorpion Rally I have on the front of my KLR700 has been confidence building.... never once have I felt like it wasn't up to the task... dirt, road whatever. Okay maybe once you hit 150km/h it gets a bit neeeehhhhh but on the dirt it has been great.

Mine is now up to about 8000km on my KLR (with plenty of road miles).... it's getting close to the end of its dirt life, but it still grips well in the dry.... and yes it starts off with deeeep knobs. Def recommended. I'm not even gonna bother testing any others on the front.
Aren't you blokes supposed to be in Monga ... ?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #4376
stuser
Putt putt putt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Aren't you blokes supposed to be in Monga ... ?

Yep. Was great ride. nice forest, AND we got to stay there longer while we bodged up a working throttle action on my bike...

I had to bail earlier to take kids to the, pool... ahhhhh

Great riding today!

Glad we didn't go down that track of doom you took me on in tallaganda... Was getting nervous in the vicinity... :-)
Old 12-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #4377
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,593
Quote:
Yep. Was great ride. nice forest, AND we got to stay there longer while we bodged up a working throttle action on my bike...

I had to bail earlier to take kids to the, pool... ahhhhh

Great riding today!

Glad we didn't go down that track of doom you took me on in tallaganda... Was getting nervous in the vicinity... :-)
And after the throttle repairs we had a few hours rest on top of Misty Mt latterly accompanied by the Police, Ambos and Southcare. One broken leg and a dodgy shoulder for one of our party. First name starts with P.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #4378
tinbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Cripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
And after the throttle repairs we had a few hours rest on top of Misty Mt latterly accompanied by the Police, Ambos and Southcare. One broken leg and a dodgy shoulder for one of our party. First name starts with P.
Sorry to hear about the dramas. It all looked so innocent this morning. Hope he's ok, crappy start to Xmas,
Phone reception, sat phone, first aid? Sounds like it all came together. Best of luck guys. Take care all out there, cheers Tinbum
tinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #4379
stuser
Putt putt putt

Quote:
Well that's rather shite.

Is there anything that needs to be done re bike recovery / relocation etc????
I can help.

My gf just mentioned to me that the last time I went on a group ride, someone ran into a truck (after I'd left).

Damn.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #4380
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Police, Ambos and Southcare sounds pretty awful ...

Was that a collision with a vehicle ... ?