Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #4441
roohunt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron50 View Post
The way out from the west is Murrabrine, Lambrook and Gilberts Road. No locked gates about six months back but I turned around to do more exploring before the cluster of houses at Gilberts Road. Fantastic view out to the coast when you first break out into farmland at the top of the hill. When I came in from the east a few weeks earlier there were no locks on the gates on Gilberts Road so it should be possible to get out that way but there was no-one around to ask.

It's a pity there's not more of a clearing at the end of Brandy FT as it would make a nice camp site on the waters of Brogo Dam. The camp site near the end of Upper Brogo Road is lovely but I suspect it would get crowded at holiday time.

The window shooting incident was probably on Jessops Creek FT heading back west to Brandy Creek FT. Plenty of unfriendly and threatening signs along there suggestive of horticulturalists with something to hide.
Rode part the way on that track this time last year lots of logs across the road impassable with a heavy bike, spoke to a German lady in a house at the end of the track , then passed "copa bullet in ya guts sign" only clear the track once every 5 years or so.
roohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #4442
mezcal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Well Santa did not leave me the new 300 2t I asked for.
Have a merry and safe Christmas anyway!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #4443
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by roohunt View Post
Rode part the way on that track this time last year lots of logs across the road impassable with a heavy bike, spoke to a German lady in a house at the end of the track , then passed "copa bullet in ya guts sign" only clear the track once every 5 years or so.
The loop around Razorback, Murrabrine, Jessops Creek and Brandy Flat was pretty clear a few months ago. The logs on Jessops were jumpable or able to be bypassed with the XR600. The only tricky bit was getting under a big log on the eastern side of the creek on New England. It would have been an easier drag with someone else to help.
But that overgrown part of New England sort of runs straight across the Brandy Creek-Murrabrine loop so doesn't need to be done anyway.
Ron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #4444
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=BergDonk;23053748]Good info re Murrabrine, Lambrook and Gilberts Road, thanks,I shall have to investigate.

In years gone by we used to do a loop down Razorback and have morning tea at the end of Brandy FT on the waters edge, then work our way up onto Peak Alone and on and up Jillicambra which is closed now unfortunately.

Yes, good loop. The East Belowra FT (I think it's called Belimbla now) north to Bendethera is a good link too if the logs have been cleared.

Ron50 screwed with this post 12-24-2013 at 10:14 PM
Old 12-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #4445
Jdeks
Departed

Oddometer: 934
Whats the go with this weekend coast ride fellas?

There's another group doing a run from Canberra down to my neck of the woods Sun-Wed, I'm trying to decide which ride to go on.

Unless you guys felt like coming down to the hills instead of going to the coast?
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #4446
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,988
[QUOTE=Ron50;23060227]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
Good info re Murrabrine, Lambrook and Gilberts Road, thanks,I shall have to investigate.

In years gone by we used to do a loop down Razorback and have morning tea at the end of Brandy FT on the waters edge, then work our way up onto Peak Alone and on and up Jillicambra which is closed now unfortunately.

Yes, good loop. The East Belowra FT (I think it's called Belimbla now) north to Bendethera is a good link too if the logs have been cleared.
East Belowra FT skirts the northern perimeter of the Belowra Valley. The western end is via a locked gate which I have a contact for so can maybe get in there depending. Belimbla Ridge Track/Road runs northish off Belowra Road and has been recently tidied up. We used it for the recent DSMRA Bendethera ride, and I was along there last Monday in the 4wd. The 1 log that was down has been cleared, so easy ride suitable for all bikes.
Bryces Road that it connects to on the northern end has been tidied up too, most recently to get plant into the fire there a couple of months ago.

Belimbla FT that runs north from the western end of the Belowra Valley is all behind locked gates. I'm told its been done up a year or so ago and I might be able to access a key, but not done so yet. Slack, I know!

Fom the eastern end of Belowra East FT you should be able to get onto Bryces FT and northish from there. I have some reccying to do.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #4447
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeks View Post
Whats the go with this weekend coast ride fellas?

There's another group doing a run from Canberra down to my neck of the woods Sun-Wed, I'm trying to decide which ride to go on.

Unless you guys felt like coming down to the hills instead of going to the coast?
It can be a bit like herding cats up this way..........
Old 12-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #4448
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
It can be a bit like herding cats up this way..........
Shit man great minds... I thought that exact thing 20 minutes ago

Are you heading to Wee Jasper for New Years?

Cheers
Fati
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #4449
GodSilla
I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post

Cheers
Fati
I believe I am, oh Fat-ted one.

I'm not sure about ADPete this year, he might be working both days, but I'll ask him on Saturday when I see him.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #4450
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post

Cheers
Fati

Just talking to Strudy, he & Aaron are heading out for New Year @ Micalong,
Bev & I will be out in the morning [Wed], to survey all the sore heads after the night before
Working right through New Year, so no chance of getting out for New Years eve,
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #4451
GodSilla
I did that.

I've been rostered on for Xmas and New Year a few times, my condolences Baz.

Will we be seeing the blitz buggy again?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #4452
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=BergDonk;23070447]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron50 View Post

East Belowra FT skirts the northern perimeter of the Belowra Valley. The western end is via a locked gate which I have a contact for so can maybe get in there depending. Belimbla Ridge Track/Road runs northish off Belowra Road and has been recently tidied up. We used it for the recent DSMRA Bendethera ride, and I was along there last Monday in the 4wd. The 1 log that was down has been cleared, so easy ride suitable for all bikes.
Bryces Road that it connects to on the northern end has been tidied up too, most recently to get plant into the fire there a couple of months ago.

Belimbla FT that runs north from the western end of the Belowra Valley is all behind locked gates. I'm told its been done up a year or so ago and I might be able to access a key, but not done so yet. Slack, I know!

Fom the eastern end of Belowra East FT you should be able to get onto Bryces FT and northish from there. I have some reccying to do.

Yes. The route I had in mind was East Belowra, Bryces, High Ridge, Short Cut, Belimbla and German Creek to Sugarloaf. It's been a while since I went that way.

Ron50 screwed with this post 12-26-2013 at 08:47 PM
Old 12-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #4453
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
I've been rostered on for Xmas and New Year a few times, my condolences Baz.

Will we be seeing the blitz buggy again?

Never had Christmas off in 11yrs @ this job, pretty close to the same for New Years eve too!,
just call me a mercenary - money, money, money
Don't think the Blitz will be there, just a one-off, Smacca had some war vehicle get-together @ Billy Grace Reserve on the Sunday, when he turned up @ the 'Bards'
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #4454
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
Fat Bike Ride Monday 30th

Decided it was a bit dumb to be doing a coast run on Monday, along with half the country's 4WDs (and their bullbars) ...

We'll leave that for a week or two, pending some more cool weather ...

Instead, we'll head to Taralga via Wheeo, Binda and Laggan - refuel and brunch, then onto Range FT, Mt Fatigue FT, Oberon-Colong SR, Mt Werong FT and up to Shooter's Hill Rd ...

Back to Taralga via Abercrombie and Jerrong Rds ...

Depending on time / enthusiasm, we might then head through Swallowtail Pass to Brayton and the Freeway - then home via dirt roads behind Goulburn ...

Otherwise, one of the ways less travelled back to Gunning ...

Can play that end by ear ...

Everything fat-bike-friendly ...

If keen, be at the Gundaroo PO / shop by 8:15 Monday for an 8:30 get-away ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #4455
GodSilla
I did that.

Monday seems to be the mildest weather for the next week too.

I reckon I'll be there.