Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #4637
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post

Oz Day Ride
I am tied up with the Folk Festival here. I may have time for a bit of a ride, but not sure till the day. I am the liquor licensee and have to do some other stuff. In the last couple of years a couple of contingents of ADVers have come over and camped either in my yard or at the Festival camp grounds. Its a fun weekend, and free except for food and drink:
http://numeralla.org.au/FolkFestival/
This sounds good ...

Do you know if the ROAR group or others are planning an assault on Numeralla this year ... ?
Hoots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #4638
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
This sounds good ...

Do you know if the ROAR group or others are planning an assault on Numeralla this year ... ?
I know Tripod is going to Philip Island for the Classic, dunno about the rest. Its been quiet, so maybe not. Could ask on the Riverina thread I guess. There was also a Melbourne mob, V Twin and Canary etc and even Sidetrack has made a cameo.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #4639
wiz.au
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Stupid QLD footpeg law

I know it's not "ACT Area" but I wrote to QLD Traffic complaining about what a stupid law that footrests rule was. They actually replied with something reasonable!

You will be pleased to know that a proposal to amend Section 271(1)(c) of the QRR to allow a motorbike rider to remove his or her feet from the footrest to manoeuvre the vehicle, such as reversing the bike into a parking space, or when the motor bike (at low speed <10km/h) is decelerating to come to a stop, or accelerating from rest has been proposed.

Completely unrelated, I think I have a pass for the Bakery run if the grass around the house has been cut. It's currently head high (my head high, shoulder high to others here). Hope to do something with it this weekend and be right for next weekend and before it becomes a major fire hazard with teh 35-39DegC forecast for next week.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #4640
maadonna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeks View Post
Dave, she's not actually being a snob - I was there and the guys she's referring to really were being genuine pricks. I think JD will back me up on this? The four of us were getting hammered by a storm trying to put up tents and they literally stood there, cans in, laughing at us and calling out jokes. I even got a snide remark when I asked if we could stand under their caravan awning until the worst of it passed.

The only thing these blokes were raising money for was the next carton.
Did someone say I was a snob :-)

I'm really not. I was mostly kidding. This was a good spot. We just happened to get there in the middle of a thunderstorm & actually did set up our tents to an audience of drunk riders. I didn't expect anyone to help, but 'you ok luv?' kind of shits me :-)

Much worse was having to listen to someone near me sniff & spit all night.
maadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:34 AM   #4641
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by maadonna View Post
I'm just having a wild guess here, but I'm betting you weren't the one getting the blowjob.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #4642
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by maadonna View Post
Did someone say I was a snob :-)

I'm really not. I was mostly kidding. This was a good spot. We just happened to get there in the middle of a thunderstorm & actually did set up our tents to an audience of drunk riders. I didn't expect anyone to help, but 'you ok luv?' kind of shits me :-)

Twas me I'm afraid who jumped to the original wrong assumption and called you snob, no breakfast and five minutes out of bed and completely took your post out of context. Rowan filled me in and I removed what I thought were all offending posts. Anyway long and the short of it sorry bout that.

Sniff and spit is one thing, wait till you've have the pleasure of McCardigan without his face pump. His snoring makes the ground shake and and is legendary amongst the riders here. It has a two kilometre blast radius.

Oh and Jingelic Bikes and Blues is on again this year

Cheers
Fati
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #4643
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
I'm just having a wild guess here, but I'm betting you weren't the one getting the blowjob.
Your a bad man 'Zilla

Fati
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #4644
Flodder
Flodder

Oddometer: 434
And we certainly feel safe in the bush with Mcardigan sleeping in camp. No snake thumpers needed and other wild life tend to go away as well.
Ride safe Flodder
Flodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #4645
stuser
Putt putt putt

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
Twas me I'm afraid who jumped to the original wrong assumption and called you snob, no breakfast and five minutes out of bed and completely took your post out of context. Rowan filled me in and I removed what I thought were all offending posts. Anyway long and the short of it sorry bout that.

Sniff and spit is one thing, wait till you've have the pleasure of McCardigan without his face pump. His snoring makes the ground shake and and is legendary amongst the riders here. It has a two kilometre blast radius.

Oh and Jingelic Bikes and Blues is on again this year

Cheers
Fati
looks like I missed all the fun on the internet.

Anyway, you know the memes... go eat a snickers when you get like that ;)
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #4646
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
I know Tripod is going to Philip Island for the Classic, dunno about the rest. Its been quiet, so maybe not. Could ask on the Riverina thread I guess. There was also a Melbourne mob, V Twin and Canary etc and even Sidetrack has made a cameo.
Yes,I've dropped inthe past couple of years! Hope its beter than last year!!
Davo and I were having a coffee in Cooma when this hit!

Dave had no wet weather gear, and I didnt fancy setting up camp wet, so we bailed to the safety of the Backpackers,went to the pub....... and.......................... what happens in Cooma stays in Cooma!!!!!!!
Right Dave?
sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #4647
GodSilla
I did that.

Hey sidetrack, y'know the best tucker is from the kebab shop in the background there, run by a lovely bloke and his funny missus.

I used to frequent the Tourist, but it changed hands, and the service became snotty and useless and the prices nearly doubled as well. Fukem, the Kebab joint makes lots of delicious tucker, all fresh, as well as kebabs for the plebs.
And good coffee too.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #4648
JD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
Hey sidetrack, y'know the best tucker is from the kebab shop in the background there, run by a lovely bloke and his funny missus.

I used to frequent the Tourist, but it changed hands, and the service became snotty and useless and the prices nearly doubled as well. Fukem, the Kebab joint makes lots of delicious tucker, all fresh, as well as kebabs for the plebs.
And good coffee too.
Tried the jumbo bacon & egg rolls at the kebab joint?
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #4649
GodSilla
I did that.

I certainly have, along with my own regular "combo" vego kebab (felafel and zuchini balls), and a couple of the tasty meal items too when I was with WifeSilla. All of it was delicious, and fresh, plus the owner is a genuinely nice bloke too.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #4650
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,966
+ me for the Kebab Shop, AKA Cooma Cafe