Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2014, 01:34 AM   #5116
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,273
There was a tree that came down over night on Cattlemans Tk. We could see mez's and 'silla's tracks going through, or under it. But we had to build a ramp.

Few others down too, including one on Chalk Hills West FT that resulted in a 10 km loop to get another 200 m. Top ride!
Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #5117
mezcal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
I think I saw that website before, but it might have been down. ?
Joined and added one, very good resource.
I reckon next time ill go the opposite way and come down the power lines on Brown Mt.
Cattleman's/Postman's is just awesome riding

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #5118
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,587
Maybe this thread should be renamed "chickenshits who don't ride or post , around the ACT". I found this at the bottom of page 3, come on you pack of girls, it isn't even cold yet.

And even if it was cold, you can always find warmth and adventure towards the coast.

My apologies for the insults to those who have ridden, and/or even just posted, lately.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #5119
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
There was a tree that came down over night on Cattlemans Tk. We could see mez's and 'silla's tracks going through, or under it. But we had to build a ramp.

Few others down too, including one on Chalk Hills West FT that resulted in a 10 km loop to get another 200 m. Top ride!
Phil's RR here:
http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...d.php?t=112981

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
Maybe this thread should be renamed "chickenshits who don't ride or post , around the ACT". I found this at the bottom of page 3, come on you pack of girls, it isn't even cold yet.

And even if it was cold, you can always find warmth and adventure towards the coast.

My apologies for the insults to those who have ridden, and/or even just posted, lately.
I'm out to the shed and then Tenere out the gate right now!
Old 05-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #5120
mezcal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Well I am spending the day in a paddock looking at these hills, wishing I was riding. .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #5121
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:

There's a singletrack ride in Tallaganda on Wednesday ...

Might be a bit wet ...

See DBW for details ...

Be good to do a ride down in your neck of the woods (Tom and Mezcal) - or even a loop from Numeralla that joins up with you both somewhere along the track - should look at that sometime in the next couple of weeks ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:01 AM   #5122
GodSilla
I did that.

Howdy Hoots. How's it going?

I just checked, the blokes who have posted since I put mine up earlier today are all the same blokes who have posted over the last 11 days since your post on the 15th at 12:30, Hoots. No-one else. What a pack of losers, eh? Here we are, an Indian summer late into May, weather to die for, scenery to weep at, largely dust-free and mild temps, and there's no-one apart from 4 or 5 of us who has gotten out. Or even posted.

Lame, lame, lame. I hope Fati bails in to tell the losers how bloody good it was on the weekend.

Dunno about Tallaganda Hootie, I've got (alleged) tradesmen coming for the remainder of the week. Given they started a day late last Tuesday, and haven't actually achieved a single thing over last week, I'm thinking I want to be onsite, just in case I need to conduct an execution or two. Just in case. Also, a wet Tallaganda ride isn't high on my list of "don't get injured" events these days either. I've been there before, it can get pretty slippery on the day.

I still owe you a visit for knee guards and a discman, from memory.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #5123
Oz Nutter OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,174
Quote:

I'm no chickenshit, but I'm not some hardened legend, only just got my bike running again, still need to weld lower engine mount, up for a ride when $$ allow, crashed my car today so I'll be doing plenty of riding haha...
I can change the thread title if you really feel the need....
grown used to the insults so all is forgiven.....
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #5124
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 2,060
I reckon "Yass to Bega and the hole in between riders thread" has a nice ring to it.

It was a great weekend for a ride. And one beautiful campsite...

Cheers,
Fati
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #5125
wiz.au
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
I've been riding nearly every day since I got the crash repairs done and fork swap finished. I start a loop from my house, past woden, fly by the RAMint, take the T2 track around the biggest trig point in the state, turn right at the heratige listed accommodation, go past a coupla dams beside the lake and stop for a long lunch near the lake, but I usually end up doing a heap of work for the people there and dont get going until 5pm or after. Usually come home the other side of the trig on a similar T2 track that passes a house where some stingy Bastard is supposed to live but he's never home. Private security wont let me in to knock on the door anyway. Then back past the mint, woden and home. Its not a long run, but you need your wits about you at certain bits.

I do that nearly 5 times a week, most weeks of the year, rain, hot or freezing.

Posted from a tiny keyboard on my phone.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #5126
GodSilla
I did that.

It's nice to see I got a couple of bites.

Bummer about the crashed car there. I guess that will be a money soak to fix, they usually are. Thanks for the forgiveness, that's what makes the world go round (well, that and XR's being ridden....).

Nice commute there wiz. If you could clear the cars off the road it would be pretty safe too. Kick the stingy bastard for me if you see him.

It's good to see there are people still alive out there.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #5127
Oz Nutter OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,174
Quote:

It's nice to see I got a couple of bites.

Bummer about the crashed car there. I guess that will be a money soak to fix, they usually are. Thanks for the forgiveness, that's what makes the world go round (well, that and XR's being ridden....).

Nice commute there wiz. If you could clear the cars off the road it would be pretty safe too. Kick the stingy bastard for me if you see him.

It's good to see there are people still alive out there.
Not that this site is about cars but i'm mobile in 24 hrs..new bonnet/grill/front bar/radiator was $300. jacked out the radiator support, off the block, did it in the gutter outside shop...now should be able to get to work...save $$ ...only have 2 months till big desert ride...

That commute sounds wicked......go hard....whatever your adventure
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #5128
Gadget-Ian
Not lost, exploring!

Oddometer: 286
Thumb That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz.au View Post
I've been riding nearly every day since I got the crash repairs done and fork swap finished. I start a loop from my house, past woden, fly by the RAMint, take the T2 track around the biggest trig point in the state, turn right at the heratige listed accommodation, go past a coupla dams beside the lake and stop for a long lunch near the lake, but I usually end up doing a heap of work for the people there and dont get going until 5pm or after. Usually come home the other side of the trig on a similar T2 track that passes a house where some stingy Bastard is supposed to live but he's never home. Private security wont let me in to knock on the door anyway. Then back past the mint, woden and home. Its not a long run, but you need your wits about you at certain bits.

I do that nearly 5 times a week, most weeks of the year, rain, hot or freezing.

Posted from a tiny keyboard on my phone.

Your effort and commitment is recognized and appreciated.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #5129
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 8,018
Just seen & heard;- two big? KTM's?, came up Gum's Lane & turned left to go out the Wee Jasper Rd,
Half ya luck ya buggers, trying to get sleep [up for a piss], having a cuppa of 'Sleepytime' tea when ya went past!, joys of nightshift [Godsilla will chime in soon!]
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #5130
GodSilla
I did that.

Ok, I'll chime in.

Shiftwork is a shit. It was a big driver towards my retirement. The secret to shiftwork is to quit before it kills you. Seriously.

Baz, I'm thinking you might need to focus on winning your boss's job. I gather he/she works Mon-Fri?

Fati has eloquently expressed his delight to me at working Mon-Fri, the money is irrelevant if you don't have a life, then die.

So when's your next social occassion?