Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #181
DevDel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
My '11 goes around 170-190 on a tank and that's ridden firm but not crazy with lot's of 80mph cruising here in AZ. The fuel gauge is super accurate and it'll provide a miles to go countdown to empty which tales away all the guessing' The fly screen is a must for faster cruising but I refuse to add the windsheild...i want to keep it a hotrod!

They don't even look at the valves until 12K
DevDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #182
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Triumph Speed Triple R from Rote Eddie on Vimeo.

I picked up my new R on the 26th of June. It has now covered 3600 km which means I have been busy riding her as much as possible. The Öhlins is amazing! After reading a few reviews I was led to believe it was set up stiff and track ready. Normally meaning too stiff for my 62 kgs. Fortunately this was not the case. The standard settings worked very well for me on our bumpy roads. A huge contrast to the harsh behaviour of the Tuono V4.
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #183
desmoface
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Very cool. How do you like it compared to your Tuono v4r?

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post

I picked up my new R on the 26th of June. It has now covered 3600 km which means I have been busy riding her as much as possible. The Öhlins is amazing! After reading a few reviews I was led to believe it was set up stiff and track ready. Normally meaning too stiff for my 62 kgs. Fortunately this was not the case. The standard settings worked very well for me on our bumpy roads. A huge contrast to the harsh behaviour of the Tuono V4.
desmoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #184
IndyChizzle
Spending more on gas

Oddometer: 691
I've got the round headlight model, and could never get used to the new bug eye lights. I think the round lights look classic.
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #185
Rhino-1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post

Awesome sounds! I just saw an R model at the local dealer--what a great bike! I hate lusting after another bike... LOL!

'03 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, '04 Aprilia Mille Factory, '75 Honda CB125S
Rhino-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #186
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,766
I got one. You should too.

"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #187
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
I got one. You should too.

I'm thinking of doing exactly that as a second bike. I'm putting about 1500 miles a month on my 'Strada and love it but don't want to wear it out. Sharing commute duties with a Speedy is just the ticket I reckon.

p.s. Twin Arrow slip-on's will be on my need to have
Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #188
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post

I'm thinking of doing exactly that as a second bike. I'm putting about 1500 miles a month on my 'Strada and love it but don't want to wear it out. Sharing commute duties with a Speedy is just the ticket I reckon.

p.s. Twin Arrow slip-on's will be on my need to have
Thought the Arrow 3 into 1 low can was what I wanted...then decided I liked the look of the current pipe guard better than the bare Arrow header, and I could pay about a third of what I'd pay for the Arrow and still get a good low-boy slip-on. Thinking Mivv GP in carbon fiber.

Of course, the pillion pegs are already off, and it came with a tail tidy...I put the flyscreen on this weekend. Love, love, love this bike. Effortless to ride, gobs of torque and acceleration. A dream come true.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote