ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #1591
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek
 
shipwrek12001's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey Cat View Post
Sold my 07 525 ( regret it ) but picked up this little gal
Vortex ecu Leo exhaust


so what bike do you prefer?
shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #1592
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: SW Florida
Oddometer: 978
Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
so what bike do you prefer?
Trail riding def the 525, but when you can only have one bike this is the only choice
__________________
My favorite philosopher is Cha Ching !
Honkey Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #1593
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedyflyr View Post

May have to try those SM Distanzias - I've got Pilot 2s on there now. Like the Distanzia on my R80.

Old pic, but I'm good and healed and the bike seems to be running well (need to update wunder thread) so maybe some new photos soon!

__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #1594
SRFade
FeHorse Rider
 
SRFade's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Evergreen, CO
Oddometer: 53
Cross dresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
May have to try those SM Distanzias - I've got Pilot 2s on there now. Like the Distanzia on my R80.

Old pic, but I'm good and healed and the bike seems to be running well (need to update wunder thread) so maybe some new photos soon!

Love to see the "Roundel" being sported while riding Orange. Nice style Sutherngintelmen. I'll be there soon
__________________
“You can ignore reality, but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
2008 1200GS "Babe" (Sold)
2010 G450X (Sold)
2013 690 Enduro R
SRFade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #1595
mudder
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mudder's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 278
Today was another nice day at the lake.

__________________
www.hojresor.se
www.youtube.com/user/hojresor
990R & 690E
mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #1596
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,962
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #1597
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...
 
slidefighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina Low Country
Oddometer: 228
What's It Weigh?

Hey guys, I just want to say how much I appreciate the effort everyone has made getting the word out on the 690 and the great mods and designs people have been coming up with. Really made my decision to buy one a lot easier. I don't have much to add, as I just got my 2012 home from Atlanta this afternoon. I haven't read every post in this thread, so if this is old information and I missed it, my apologies.

We have a set of certified NASCAR scales at my airport that we all use to do the weight and balance calculations on our airplanes (TWO hobbies---is that great or what?). While it was easy, I took the opportunity of weighing mine bone stock. I topped it off prior to weighing (dealer had removed the canister stuff only), otherwise it's literally as I rolled it out of the showroom (KTMWorld, Alpharetta, GA). See the pix below for a shot of it still on the floor last night (got there too late to pick it up) and this afternoon:







As you can see, the scales show a total weight of 335 pounds with 45.1% on the front wheel (151 lbs) and 54.9% on the rear wheel (184 lbs). If the specs are correct that the fuel capacity is 3.17 gallons, then that would account for right at 20 pounds of that, giving an otherwise "all-up" weight before fuel but accounting for engine oil, coolant, fork and shock oil, etc. of 315 lbs.

That seems very consistent with the factory specified "dry weight" of 142 kg/313.1 lbs.

FWIW...


Lee...
__________________
Slidefighter

"Never adopt an ideology that masks a lack of courage"
slidefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #1598
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidefighter View Post
Hey guys, I just want to say how much I appreciate the effort everyone has made getting the word out on the 690 and the great mods and designs people have been coming up with. Really made my decision to buy one a lot easier. I don't have much to add, as I just got my 2012 home from Atlanta this afternoon. I haven't read every post in this thread, so if this is old information and I missed it, my apologies.

We have a set of certified NASCAR scales at my airport that we all use to do the weight and balance calculations on our airplanes (TWO hobbies---is that great or what?). While it was easy, I took the opportunity of weighing mine bone stock. I topped it off prior to weighing (dealer had removed the canister stuff only), otherwise it's literally as I rolled it out of the showroom (KTMWorld, Alpharetta, GA). See the pix below for a shot of it still on the floor last night (got there too late to pick it up) and this afternoon:







As you can see, the scales show a total weight of 335 pounds with 45.1% on the front wheel (151 lbs) and 54.9% on the rear wheel (184 lbs). If the specs are correct that the fuel capacity is 3.17 gallons, then that would account for right at 20 pounds of that, giving an otherwise "all-up" weight before fuel but accounting for engine oil, coolant, fork and shock oil, etc. of 315 lbs.

That seems very consistent with the factory specified "dry weight" of 142 kg/313.1 lbs.

FWIW...


Lee...
The exhaust weighs a metric ton
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #1599
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie
 
BygDaddee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane Northside, OZ
Oddometer: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
The exhaust weighs a metric ton
I'd love to know how much that silencer weighs verse an Akro.
__________________
Relax and enjoy the journey, not just the destination.
2013 WR450F(The best bike KTM never built) and KLE500(don't knock it till you try it)

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #1600
SportsGuy
icanhazdirt?
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: redmond wa
Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
The exhaust weighs a metric ton
I assure you it's NOT a metric tonne. I'm Canadian, so I know "a metric tonne"...

It's just a plain, ol' ton...give or take a donkey or two... ;)
SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #1601
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie
 
BygDaddee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane Northside, OZ
Oddometer: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy View Post
I assure you it's NOT a metric tonne. I'm Canadian, so I know "a metric tonne"...

It's just a plain, ol' ton...give or take a donkey or two... ;)
A US friend once told me, " we are converting to metric you know, we're just getting there inch by inch"
__________________
Relax and enjoy the journey, not just the destination.
2013 WR450F(The best bike KTM never built) and KLE500(don't knock it till you try it)

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #1602
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
^ Click on the picture for video if anyone cares
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #1603
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithMe View Post
I'd love to know how much that silencer weighs verse an Akro.
Someone posted in another thread that the stock can weighs 9lbs.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #1604
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie
 
BygDaddee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane Northside, OZ
Oddometer: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Someone posted in another thread that the stock can weighs 9lbs.

4.1 kilos, thought it would be heavier then that.
__________________
Relax and enjoy the journey, not just the destination.
2013 WR450F(The best bike KTM never built) and KLE500(don't knock it till you try it)

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #1605
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithMe View Post
4.1 kilos, thought it would be heavier then that.
Well, I mentioned the fact that you need to take into consideration the additional weight of the melted boot and riding pant residue as a result of the thermonuclear heat generated by that thing.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014