ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #1726
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Livin' in the 90's
Oddometer: 5,388
It looks like a Renazzco Racing logo, if you zoom in on the tail of the seat.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #1727
CordR
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 506
New Lynx

Looks like I'm the 3rd one to add a Lynx fairing in the last 2 pages....

Just installed this past weekend. Low fender sitting in the garage ready to add, Safari tank is off right now but I think between all of that I'll have my perfect blend of keeping it slim for DS or adding the tank for the longer hauls.

A bunch of weekend rides this year and the UTBDR in September.





CordR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #1728
gnuttis
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gnuttis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: SWEDEN
Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
This was today before Heading off for a day of testing the 690.

Reallt nice work, is the fairing from Rally Raid products?
gnuttis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #1729
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuttis View Post
Reallt nice work, is the fairing from Rally Raid products?

Yes this is the Rally raid EVO2 Kit
It fits real good,Nice and slim.
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #1730
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek
 
shipwrek12001's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by CordR View Post
Looks like I'm the 3rd one to add a Lynx fairing in the last 2 pages....

Just installed this past weekend. Low fender sitting in the garage ready to add, Safari tank is off right now but I think between all of that I'll have my perfect blend of keeping it slim for DS or adding the tank for the longer hauls.

A bunch of weekend rides this year and the UTBDR in September.



I'm on the fence regarding the Lynx fairing.... do you have any good, bad or ugly to say about it? or anyone else. the wind protection is what I'm after.... headlights good or bad?
shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #1731
CordR
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
I'm on the fence regarding the Lynx fairing.... do you have any good, bad or ugly to say about it? or anyone else. the wind protection is what I'm after.... headlights good or bad?
I went with the HID low beam and the halogen high beam. The difference is beyond substantial.

As far as wind protection goes, it was immediately noticeable in the amount of wind it takes off the chest. Like most fairings/wind screens, you have to balance where it hits you. I'm 5'11 and I think my best position will be about an inch or two below full height, where the wind is off the chest but not right at the helmet. The turbulence at the helmet at highway speeds isn't terrible, more annoying than anything.

If I wanted the complete wind protection, I'd find a laminar lip to put on top. But I think going an inch or two lower would be fine for me.

I'm not sure but it may be tall enough for someone that is about 5'9 to have complete wind protection.

Overall, no regrets. Quite happy with the setup....except that I'm not a fan of how we had to re-mount the turn signals (I believe that's an issue only for the 08's). I will probably be replacing that with the lights available for my HDB setup.
CordR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #1732
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek
 
shipwrek12001's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by CordR View Post
I went with the HID low beam and the halogen high beam. The difference is beyond substantial.

As far as wind protection goes, it was immediately noticeable in the amount of wind it takes off the chest. Like most fairings/wind screens, you have to balance where it hits you. I'm 5'11 and I think my best position will be about an inch or two below full height, where the wind is off the chest but not right at the helmet. The turbulence at the helmet at highway speeds isn't terrible, more annoying than anything.

If I wanted the complete wind protection, I'd find a laminar lip to put on top. But I think going an inch or two lower would be fine for me.

I'm not sure but it may be tall enough for someone that is about 5'9 to have complete wind protection.

Overall, no regrets. Quite happy with the setup....except that I'm not a fan of how we had to re-mount the turn signals (I believe that's an issue only for the 08's). I will probably be replacing that with the lights available for my HDB setup.

I'm 6ft+,, I have a clip on wind shield that isn't even bolted on. just the wind pressure keeps it there. It is in the mounts of course but I just use tape so it doesn't sink too far. My issue that is once I left home with or without clip on. I'm committed to that desicion. Hence to be on the fence with the lynx fairing...


shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #1733
kanur
cu new er
 
kanur's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Oddometer: 676
A little ride around southern Illinois.




Minor trail side repair, broke a strap on my tankbag


Mississippi River overlook. That's a four barge wide tow just above my seat.


A natural gas pipeline crossing the Mississippi.

Today was the longest I have got to ride this bike since getting it in December and I learned the stock seat and TKC80s both suck
__________________
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nuth'n to say. Mike Cooley DBT
kanur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #1734
Noyah
poser
 
Noyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 396
Still cold in Stockholm
Almost -10 degrees Celsius...



__________________
KTM 690 Enduro R

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #1735
MeinMotorrad
Beastly Adventurer
 
MeinMotorrad's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Between Velez Rubio and Huercal Overa, Spain.
Oddometer: 1,071
Sore ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanur View Post

Today was the longest I have got to ride this bike since getting it in December and I learned the stock seat and TKC80s both suck
Seat Concepts will transform your experience. I can ride all day now with no issues in the butt department. An essential upgrade if you ask me.
MeinMotorrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #1736
kanur
cu new er
 
kanur's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Oddometer: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinMotorrad View Post
Seat Concepts will transform your experience. I can ride all day now with no issues in the butt department. An essential upgrade if you ask me.
A new set is on the short list. I have a Seat Concepts on my SE and a Guts Racing on my EXC and like them both a lot. Not sure which way I want to go on this bike but I'm leaning towards the Guts do to the kevlar construction.
__________________
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nuth'n to say. Mike Cooley DBT
kanur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #1737
ericGSsti
Studly Adventurer
 
ericGSsti's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyah View Post
Still cold in Stockholm
Almost -10 degrees Celsius...



Is that the standard fairing with rally raid front fairing added? Without rally raid tanks.

I really like that. What km do you get to a standard fill? Thinking of buying later in the year.
__________________
2003 KTM 525 EXC
2004 KTM 950 Adventure S. (GO!!!!!!!!!!!)
IBA membership no.35934
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -
ericGSsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #1738
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Livin' in the 90's
Oddometer: 5,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by meinmotorrad View Post
seat concepts will transform your experience. I can ride all day now with no issues in the butt department. An essential upgrade if you ask me.
+1
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #1739
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek
 
shipwrek12001's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
+1
+1 for me
+1 for me arse..
shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #1740
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: SW Florida
Oddometer: 1,066
Short sunday ride in florida

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
__________________
My favorite philosopher is Cha Ching !
Honkey Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014