User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
Razorback Rider OP
Dyin' to Ride

Oddometer: 301
Arkansas TAT- "Fun Gone Wrong"

I want to start off by thanking NOTAR_520, he was a great with getting me a very good GPS that worked great on this trip! Also, Dragon43 walked me through on how to properly post pics on this RR. So, Thanks guys!

With that said- this is my first attempt in posting a RR. So, i will keep it short and sweet. I got my DR ("Dizzard" as i learned from Dragon43 we met on the TAT.) about 3 years ago and i love it. Rode my buddy's one time and that's all it took. We've been talking about doing some the TAT for some time now. With me having a 2 year old and another baby on the way, time to get away is hard to find. But, finally did it and it was by far the best tirp ever.

Here we go........

Here we are leaving this past friday from my house in Hot Springs, AR. I'm on the left. My buddy, JB, on the right with his vicious yellow DR. He's known for slinging a hammer and his stupid one liners. "Dem tires got good gription."

We started the TAT in W. Helena. It was pretty and flat. Dusty as heck. We had to ride side by side. Several roads were so dusty and thick it was almost like riding through water. Finer than baby powder. Cotton and rice for as far as the eye can see.

The next day we started to get out of the delta and into more hilly terrain. Roads like this were perfect for a steady 35 mph rides, while soaking up the scenery. Weather as sunny and 75 degrees. couldn't ask for better.

Once we arrived in downtown Scotland (neat little town,) we stopped at this old general store. directly across the street was a store that was open. Didn't see a sign or catch the actual name of it, but it had a "Pizza Pro" sign out. We decided to go in and eat one. Only to our surprise was a full kitchen in the back that had the daily lunch special of home made meatloaf, fried taters, beans, and corn bread. Seriously one of the best meals i've ever had. The owners were very nice and asked if we were doing the TAT. We said yes and she gave us a yellow legal pad that had "TAT SIGN IN." People from all over the world stopped here to eat and gas up. India, Holland, Cuba, Canada, Africa, everywhere! it was really neat to read where they were from and what they were riding. i have a pic of the sign in sheet, but due to privacy, i will leave it off. I highly recommend stopping here.

On up in the Ozark Mountains, scenery was breath taking. Made it very hard to keep riding when all we wanted to do was stop and look at everything. Oh, and that is a Gatorade bottle on my front fender full of extra gas. Worked great, even though I didn't need it.

I have to get back to work for now. I am about half way through with posting. I will add to it when i can. I hope yall have enjoyed it so far. The Arkansas TAT was absolutely the best ride ever. I hope everyone gets a chance to do one day. I will do it again soon.

....keep yall posted.....
Old 09-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Bart Jones
BGY 504

Oddometer: 850
Keep it comin dude...
Bart Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Razorback Rider OP
Dyin' to Ride

Xon Post on the Arkansas TAT

Okay, thought i'd come back and post a few more. I've always appreciated old barns and houses. I'm sorta a history buff, at least interested in the past. I took several pictures of old homes and barns.

this was overlooking somewhere over the Clarksville area. We ended up relaxing for a while up here and cooked dinner.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,748
Hey guys, let it burn down to coals and then cook. Bawahahaha

Good pictures and the 146 Kb's is just right for good computer viewing...

Was a pleasure to meet you and hope to see you again soon.

Cross post or link this to the Gulf States forum so the guys there will be sure to see it....
Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Nice ride,
I recognize lots of those places as I seem to always pass on my wandering journeys.

This image, looks like the Blue Hole overlook.
Quote:
Believe it or not there is a junction of two creeks down there with a swimming hole and a water fall close by. Its not for the timid or neophyte to get there though.

Thanks For Sharing.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
Razorback Rider OP
Dyin' to Ride

Zecatfish-

I want to say you are correct. i've heard of it, and i believe it is. It was great. We met some folks riding around in a Rhino and they were looking for the Blue Hole. i would love to see the swimming hole. what part of ARK are you from?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Razorback Rider OP
Dyin' to Ride

Dragon43- Here is the pic i took of you at the Ola C-Store. You do have such a cool bike. 1977- the year i was born!

Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
Razorback Rider OP
Dyin' to Ride

ARKANSAS TAT- Continued

I figured i finish posting what i had. JB has a lot of good photos on his camera. Once i get them, i will post as well.

These were taken at sunset as the chili was being consumed.

I forgot about this pic of us admiring Dragon43's 1977 yamaha.

And this was the last phot opp before rolling into my driveway....... what a hell of a ride. I actually walked in the house, kissed the wife and kid, and went for another ride!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,748
Thanks for posting that picture of me. I should have held my helmet in front of my hernia... he he he

You got some great pictures.

I went for a short ride today and will have it up in the Knobbs & Cushions thread in a little while....
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650Lover
Zecatfish-

I want to say you are correct. i've heard of it, and i believe it is. It was great. We met some folks riding around in a Rhino and they were looking for the Blue Hole. i would love to see the swimming hole. what part of ARK are you from?
I'm just north of Conway, Greenbrier.
You want to visit Blue Hole sometime, let me know we'll go down there.
Its a little rough but the worst is the low trees and vines that slap you getting down there.
Coming out is a little rough and a nasty hill if its been raining.

Heres the falls.

This is next to blue hole. The falls are actually about 100 yards or so behind me.

I won't go down there alone, to much chance of getting hurt and never coming out. The trails are not on the maps and mostly locals know how and where to get down to it.

Be safe and I'll sit back and enjoy the pictures.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Abenteuerfahrer
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,269
Cool....more>>>>!

Will you report on the Warlock Road too ?
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
soonerfan85
Boomer Sooner Baby!

Oddometer: 31
do you mean Warloop Rd. ?
Old 10-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
Razorback Rider OP
Dyin' to Ride

More Pics from Jason Bell's camera

well, i got the SD from Jason today, so i will post a few more. Basically, more of the same, but he took some pretty cool pics....

We had to stop at the closest wal-mart to re-pack. while we were there, this guy was facinated by our bikes. he was nice, thought we'd give him a shout out, whoever he may be......

Here i am rolling through the ONLY water in the delta. Refreshing and rinsed off the 3 feet of dust we had on our bikes...

my trusty Gatorade bottle i mentioned earlier....

Jaon did a great job of snapping some really good mobile pics....

Here is the little town of Scotland that i mentioned earler. I'm glad Jason got some good pics of the actual restuarant. Wonderful people and great food.

This ROADHOUSE was just outside Scotland. Does anyone know what exactly it is?? Does it ever open to the public??

I told ya we liked old buildings and barns.....

Old 10-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
Razorback Rider OP
Dyin' to Ride

here we are over looking Clarksville, about to cook some Chili...

Not proud of it, but this pic was taken on I-40 at about 85 mph. It was sorta wet, cool, and we were just ready to get back home.

We had to pull over for this monumental feat. 10k miles on JB's yellow beast.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Quote:
This ROADHOUSE was just outside Scotland. Does anyone know what exactly it is?? Does it ever open to the public??

That is actually Liberty Springs.
I've been past there a few times when there was a shindig going on the weekend. Live band playing, looked like local Hill Billys just having a good time.