ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
88Toyota OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Clearing Abbott Rd.

I took a ride up Abbott Rd the other day and found that a large mud slide wiped out a section of the trail. It is passable, but there is a large tree that makes it quite difficult to get through when traveling alone. Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't go up there and cut a slice out of it so a bike can just ride throught without having to cross it?

88Toyota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,341
Are you talking about this one? did it settle more?

If a tree is in the way of a road/trail that is legal to ride/drive on and you can remove it safely, I say........................HELL YES!

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
88Toyota OP
Adventurer

Yeah, thats the tree. It settled more. It would require laying a bike almost all the way on its side to get through that little ditch under the log. I will probably try to head up this weekend and cut a chunk out of it, unless I go over to Hood River for the day
Old 07-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Toyota
Yeah, thats the tree. It settled more. It would require laying a bike almost all the way on its side to get through that little ditch under the log. I will probably try to head up this weekend and cut a chunk out of it, unless I go over to Hood River for the day
I'd love to help.................but I wouldn't be able to for a couple of weeks.

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
88Toyota OP
Adventurer

Well if I don't go this weekend, it will probably be a couple weeks for me as well. What weekends might you be able to do it? I would really like to do Hood River this weekend if I am able to get out, so it will probably be 8-7 or later.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
nw scout
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Are you talking about the 4610?
Great ride and that washout is kinda fun.
If the tree makes it unpassable cut that sucker out.
I plan on doing that ride soon but dont have a saw.
nw scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw scout
Are you talking about the 4610?
Great ride and that washout is kinda fun.
If the tree makes it unpassable cut that sucker out.
I plan on doing that ride soon but dont have a saw.
Yep, 4610...........and the way that tree is leaning, whoever cuts it needs to know what they are doing................and that wouldn't be me

Not sure if it's in place yet, but according to the new Mt. Hood FS map that I just got, everything on on both sides of 4610 is Wilderness (no motorized vehicles allowed).

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 09-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
88Toyota OP
Adventurer

I took a short notice ride up Abbott rd. last night. It looks like someone beat me to the tree. The tree that was blocking the road is cut away. There is a second one, but it is not in the way, so anyone interested in making the loop, it is all open and ready to ride.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:
I took a short notice ride up Abbott rd. last night. It looks like someone beat me to the tree. The tree that was blocking the road is cut away. There is a second one, but it is not in the way, so anyone interested in making the loop, it is all open and ready to ride.
What day are you thinking?.............busy this weekend, Friday is a mandatory workday, but "might" be able to get Wednesday or Thursday off.

I plan on taking a weekday off in the next week or 2 to do the Fishcreek trail...............if it's still open

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 10-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:

I think I will go take a look at this today........................after I recover from last night

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 10-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer: 710
We just rode thru yesterday. We did a side trip up to Squaw Mountain. Incredible views.

Joe
Ironwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
Road Rash
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood
We just rode thru yesterday. We did a side trip up to Squaw Mountain. Incredible views.

Joe

Yes they are

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 10-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
Road Rash
Infamous

It was nice to see that the slip in the road is still passable

Westside

Eastside

My Ride Through Roatan
Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #14
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,149
I guess that I didn't put it together that this was the same road we were referring to in "A little Hood River Adventure" Thread. I have not been paying enough attention here at ADV, trying to catch up with reality instead. I still am looking forward to doing this ride weekend of Oct 30/31 and probly spend the night somewhere/nowhere and freeze my ass off in the tent. I wanna do Badger Wilderness perimiter and Barlow Road same weekend. I don't care which day I do what.

Who's coming with me Oct. 30 or 31st, Halloween? All/any are welcome. Let's ride
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote