ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #31
ferrix
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 638
Proper analogue tacho, too! Thank you Kawasaki for removing that monstrosity you put on Z1000. I'm definitely interested, especially since we no longer get CBF1000 in our market. 228kg dry weight should mean around 250kg ready to go, or around 15 to 20kg less than CBF. Perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned.
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #32
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,450
The Z1000R is listed as 228kg kerb weight. That's a full tank and all fluids. This could be one very good bike.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 AM   #33
ferrix
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson
The Z1000R is listed as 228kg kerb weight.
And here I was, ready to accept that figure for dry weight! Well, that's a nice bonus then isn't it :)
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:11 AM   #34
RaY YreKa OP
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb
Now lets hope they didn't skimp on the power by calling it "tuned for more mid range"
This engine is already plenty grunty. The Z1000 just won BIKE's group test. istr it will wheelie in 3rd gear..

I think it looks great, with top notch parts. Being lighter and more powerful than the Bandit and CBF can't hurt. I guess the Sprint GT is the nearest type of bike in the segment.
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #35
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
I guess the Sprint GT is the nearest type of bike in the segment.
FZ1....
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #36
arshishb
Studly Adventurer
 
arshishb's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Edison, NJ
Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
This engine is already plenty grunty. The Z1000 just won BIKE's group test. istr it will wheelie in 3rd gear..

I think it looks great, with top notch parts. Being lighter and more powerful than the Bandit and CBF can't hurt. I guess the Sprint GT is the nearest type of bike in the segment.
Yes, but the suspension & braking bits on the GT suck. This might not be an issue for some, but it is an issue regardless. For me it is.
arshishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #37
Garry
Old and In The Way
 
Garry's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Murrysville, PA
Oddometer: 1,162
Assuming that hard luggage will be available as an option, this looks to be a great SPORT-touring platform given that the Z1000 was all-new and getting rave reviews for 2010.

I see this as a sportier Bandit 1250, or an FZ-1 competitor (but with more plastic). Given that the "official" ST bikes are getting so large (FJR, C14, etc) and the VFR800 is gone and the sportiness of the Sprint ST is gone and the Ducati ST series is gone, this thing looks to tick all the right checkboxes with me.

Can't wait for more details...
__________________
2007 KTM 950 SM-R
2009 KTM 530 EXC
http://www.MotoRoads.net
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #38
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 36,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry
Assuming that hard luggage will be available as an option, this looks to be a great SPORT-touring platform given that the Z1000 was all-new and getting rave reviews for 2010.

I see this as a sportier Bandit 1250, or an FZ-1 competitor (but with more plastic). Given that the "official" ST bikes are getting so large (FJR, C14, etc) and the VFR800 is gone and the sportiness of the Sprint ST is gone and the Ducati ST series is gone, this thing looks to tick all the right checkboxes with me.

Can't wait for more details...


Since my old man body wont be going away anytime soon it is great to see performance bikes with a fairing and livable ergonomics.
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #39
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms
Since my old man body wont be going away anytime soon it is great to see performance bikes with a fairing and livable ergonomics.
I think Kwak learned something from the 650 twin platform.

Not to mention, both Z1000's are perfect 'next' bikes for ER6N and Ninja 650R owners.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #40
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,450
More shots and info.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...leaked-photos/

228kg wet and 138bhp....

Oh yes.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #41
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson
228kg wet and 138bhp....

Oh yes.
This is the bike that the new VFR (other than the inline engine) should have been.
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #42
Bald Kirk
Dances with Dirt Bikes
 
Bald Kirk's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Aloha
Oddometer: 738
The Kawasaki web site has a "2011 New Product Launch" link that asks for a password. If you click cancel it redirects you to another page that states that on October 5th new model information for 2011 will be available. It says "New Product Launch II". I would think this bike will be shown there then.
__________________
Kawasaki Lover
Bald Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #43
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike
This is the bike that the new VFR (other than the inline engine) should have been.
I'm hearing that quite a lot.

Since upgrading the tyres on the 12, i find i'm getting frustrated with it's lack of sporting ability. You can ride it fast - but if you try to thrash it, it's 270kgs reminds you that it's not really that kind of bike.

This Z may be the answer.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #44
RaY YreKa OP
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson
I'm hearing that quite a lot.

Since upgrading the tyres on the 12, i find i'm getting frustrated with it's lack of sporting ability. You can ride it fast - but if you try to thrash it, it's 270kgs reminds you that it's not really that kind of bike.

This Z may be the answer.
I would be very interested in your thoughts on that Paul

The bonus for you, if the SX comes in at about £9000, is that you won't need to spend any extra money!
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #45
Graemsay
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Oddometer: 454
There's a PDF brochure linked to from Hell for Leather giving more details.



The important points are:
  • 19 litre fuel tank.
  • Optional ABS.
  • Givi luggage.
The only shortcoming is the lack of a snakeskin seat.

The old BMW R1200S was (on paper) what I reckon my ideal bike is. This seems to be pretty similar in terms of specs, and I'm looking forward to taking a look.

I'm off to Intermot next weekend. This will definitely be looked at...
Graemsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014