n00b

Oddometer: 1
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing
kartal032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #32
Panda* OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
A trip to Ryazan was the last in this moto season: In Russia, the winter comes! But I still have pictures of two other trips, but I do not know why we are there have made little interesting photos. A couple of days I will tell you about these two towns. I hope in the moto season 2011 (in Moscow it is approximately begins in April, closer to May) I will please you with new rides and photos.
Panda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #33
MadRussian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
When I lived in Moscow, the WW2 vet who lived next door in our apartment on Leninski Prospect, would ride his Ural all year long, rain, snow and ice.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #34
Riff
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
Great Report and beautiful Pictures. Your country and people are fantastic, with a long and rich heritage. Very interesting. Please keep them coming as much as you can when you can. Looking forward to your next posting.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #35
Panda* OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian
When I lived in Moscow, the WW2 vet who lived next door in our apartment on Leninski Prospect, would ride his Ural all year long, rain, snow and ice.
So, you must remember an old Russian proverb: A good boss will not lead to walk his dog in bad weather!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #36
MadRussian
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda*
So, you must remember an old Russian proverb: A good boss will not lead to walk his dog in bad weather!
Da

By the way, he also lost both legs during the war and would ride his bike from sidecar, he was also the guy who introduced me to motorcycles.

Wife wants to visit Russia and see where you grew up.
I will drop you a note before we come, maybe we can meet for 'pivo'
Old 10-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #37
Panda* OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Wife wants to visit Russia and see where you grew up.
I will drop you a note before we come, maybe we can meet for 'pivo'
Oh, it would be great if you come, we necessarily meet with you. And when you plan to arrive? winter or summer? It is best if you book a sightseeing tour of the Golden Ring of Russia. Traditionally, the Golden Ring consists of eight towns - Sergiev Posad, Pereslavl-Zalesskiy, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Ivanovo, Vladimir and Suzdal. The rest of the list (Alexandrov, Bogolyubov, Gorokhovets, Gus-Crystal, Kalyazin, Kideksha, Moscow, Moorom, Palekh, Ples, Rybinsk, Tutayev, Uglich, Yuriev Polish, Shuya, etc.) is debatable.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #38
Panda* OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Kolomna.

Kolomna is situated at the confluence of two rivers - Oka river and Moscow river and is located in 114 kilometers from Moscow. According to recent archeological excavations foundation of the town belongs to the 1140-60 year.
The town remained a rare monument of old russian defense architecture - Kolomna Kremlin.

Pyatnitsky gates. With these doors in May 1525 began construction of the Kolomna Kremlin.

Marina Tower. In the old days, Marina Tower, also called Kolomna Tower, was a guard tower, guarding the land approach to the town. It is believed that its name, the tower has received from his great prisoner Marina Mnishek, which according to legend, in 1614 was imprisoned in this tower, and here died, or turned into a magpie and flew through the window-embrasure. There are still other versions, such that the tower was named in honor of Marina - Kolomna nuns, known in those days, the local half-mad, which after a special diocesan inquiry became known that she was a lesbian. Marina was immured in the tower that does not tempt sisters nuns.. And only after this tower is popularly became known as "Marina".

Local "Pisa Tower"

Souvenirs saleswoman.

Lenin. Yes, it still stands!

Our friends.

Panda* screwed with this post 10-23-2010 at 05:19 AM
Old 10-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #39
MadRussian
Adventurer

Quote:
Oh, it would be great if you come, we necessarily meet with you. And when you plan to arrive? winter or summer? It is best if you book a sightseeing tour of the Golden Ring of Russia. Traditionally, the Golden Ring consists of eight towns - Sergiev Posad, Pereslavl-Zalesskiy, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Ivanovo, Vladimir and Suzdal. The rest of the list (Alexandrov, Bogolyubov, Gorokhovets, Gus-Crystal, Kalyazin, Kideksha, Moscow, Moorom, Palekh, Ples, Rybinsk, Tutayev, Uglich, Yuriev Polish, Shuya, etc.) is debatable.

Wife is not into cold weather, so most likely it would be in the spring or summer. She wants to see Moscow and Leningrad (museums).

I just want to have some good bread (american bread sucks) and visit places I grew up at and see how much everything changed.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:05 AM   #40
Panda* OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I just want to have some good bread (american bread sucks) and visit places I grew up at and see how much everything changed.
Yes, I understand you very well!!! When I went to America (in 1994 and in 1995), Russian friends always asked me to bring them black bread (especially the round).But now the bread is very spoiled, this is not something that 20 years ago .....
Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #41
MadRussian
Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, I understand you very well!!! When I went to America (in 1994 and in 1995), Russian friends always asked me to bring them black bread (especially the round).But now the bread is very spoiled, this is not something that 20 years ago .....

As long as I can get some black bread and maybe some salo, I will be happy

I use to live right behind Univermag Moskva and went to school #73.
Still miss Russia, but I miss russian people the most...
Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #42
quicktoys2
ADVrider junkie :)

Oddometer: 628
cool pictures and good history lessons .... look forward to 2011 riding season so we can see more of Russia
Old 11-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #43
AlanSets
I wanna ride!!!

Oddometer: 31
IŽv just visit St Petersburg last july in a cruise, i wish i could made it on a bike, but with your photos, i can imagine and feel i made it, thanks for share
AlanSets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #44
Stewart5533
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Awsome pictures love the history..
Old 05-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #45
Panda* OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi everyone, and here I am again with you!
We started a new motorcycle season and new trips! The first trip - the city of Kazan!

Kazan.

Kazan - a city in Russia, capital of the Republic of Tatarstan. The city called the third capital of Russia, as well as, semi-officially, the "capital" of all the Tartars in the world. In 2005 Kazan celebrated its millennium. According to legend, a wizard advised to build the city into a place where dug into the ground a cauldron of water will boil without fire. Such a place was found on the shores of Lake Kaban. Hence began the name of the city Kazan–«kazan» translates as "cauldron ".
Kazan is about 860 km from Moscow. The road in some places is very bad, so we drove 13 hours. We left Moscow on Friday, April 29, with our friend on R1 and on Saturday came another friends on 4 bikes. We returned to Moscow on Monday, May 2.

Kazan Kremlin.

In 2000, the Kazan Kremlin was included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site. Inside the Kremlin walls are collected world-famous sights of Kazan. Also there is the residence of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan.

The Kul Sharif Mosque.
In 1552, after the capture of Russian Tsar Ivan the Terrible, the legendary mosque was razed. Reconstruction of the mosque began in 1996 and in 2005, during the celebration of the urban millennium, a new mosque was opened. Now the mosque Kul Sharif is the highest in Europe, the height of the minarets is 57 meters.

Syuyumbike tower.
The most famous watch tower of Kazan Kremlin consists of seven storeys and is part of the falling towers of the world. Popular legend tells that when Tsar Ivan the Terrible conquered Kazan, he wanted to marry the queen of Kazan Syuyumbike. But she asked him to build a tower for 7 days. Servants of Ivan the Terrible built the 7 tiers in the last 7 days, but Syuyumbike did not want to marry, climbed the tower and threw her down. After that, the Tatar people called the tower Syuyumbike.

National Museum.

Museum of the Hermitage-Kazan.

Moto pants!

Bauman street.

The building of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tatarstan.

Kazan Metro- the youngest in Russia, it opened in 2005 and consists of 6 stations.

The symbol of Kazan - Dragon Zilant.

Millennium Bridge.

Charges and the road home.

All photos here: http://photo.qip.ru/users/panda-77/3889777/?mode=large