ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #16
Noise
Dreamy Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
(from another thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsilverGS
The new clutch pushrod is part No. 60032054100
Hehehe, now we got both of them. Tommorow I am calling my dealer.

Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #17
Greg Minor
The Trespasser

Oddometer: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise Data
(from another thread)

Hehehe, now we got both of them. Tommorow I am calling my dealer.
I just ordered this part number and they told me it was superceded by a new # which I forgot to write down I assume this is the old part number but none the less it will get you to the new one
2003 Ducati Multistrada
2001 Honda XR 400
1988 C&J Honda 625
1970 Honda SL 100 (green)
Greg Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #18
Noise
Dreamy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Minor
I just ordered this part number and they told me it was superceded by a new # which I forgot to write down I assume this is the old part number but none the less it will get you to the new one

Just go the info from Sommer KTM.

Number ...300 is the completely new steel one. #100 is the old aluminium (probably '03) one. #200 is the bit newer ('04 one) I presume.

So the 60032054300300 is THE '05 STEEL ONE!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #19
Greg Minor
The Trespasser

Oddometer: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise Data
Just go the info from Sommer KTM.

Number ...300 is the completely new steel one. #100 is the old aluminium (probably '03) one. #200 is the bit newer ('04 one) I presume.

So the 60032054300300 is THE '05 STEEL ONE!
Yup that is the new number
2003 Ducati Multistrada
2001 Honda XR 400
1988 C&J Honda 625
1970 Honda SL 100 (green)
Greg Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:16 AM   #20
Noise
Dreamy Adventurer

Called my dealer. He is going to check the thing out, but I already said to him that I want to order the bloody pushrod and change mine... even though it is (still) not an oficial recall/bulletin!

Old 01-12-2005, 08:08 AM   #21
motoman250f
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
pushrod

Now this is supposed to stop the rattle at startup? Is this just a guess or a sure thing? also if the filter is getting clogged up that could be a fix for the oil light coming on at low idle when hot? That has been an issue that has been traced to the oil filter. Man somebody get a sticky with all this stuff in it!!
motoman250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #22
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,817
Sorry I mix you up

Sorry guys but I have to mess up with your conclusions!! I used to have the start up rattling noise at the begining like everybody else in accordance with the low pressure warning light! The rattling stopped at a point with no reason that I know of!! The low pressure warning light used to come out during start up but now blinks very rarely when the motor is really hot. Hope it will be solved with after market Wing pipes (in conjunction with the excesive heat). Lately I had my clutch push rod replaced trying to fix the dragging clutch, with no result!!
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #23
TipOver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
"Sticky" Clutch thread

Check the above thread. Good Luck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr
Lately I had my clutch push rod replaced trying to fix the dragging clutch, with no result!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
After much screwing around with clutch master cylinder pistons and multiple bleeds, my mechanic inspected the clutch itself for a second time. As it turns out, there is a big nut that apparently holds the clutch assembly together that is Loctited in place that he had put a wrench on the first time because threads were visible behind it. Because it is Loctited with black (I think?) Loctite, it had seemed tight to him the first time. Upon closer second inspection, he found that the washer behind the nut was loose, so he ended up using an impact driver to break the Loctite, re-Loctiting it and reinstalling it to torque. This nut had not been fully tightened at the KTM Factory, and the Loctite had held it from coming off, I guess.

If anyone is having clutch weirdness issues (engages sllightly too soon, slips again and finally engages properly at full release, bike won't find neutral easily...) check this.
TipOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #24
Don Lemelin
Scuderia West

Oddometer: 273
The latest information, courtesy of KTMtwins.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbasma
THE STEEL PUSH ROD IS FROM THE 990DUKE.. DON'T HAVE PART NUMBER..

THE NEW OIL TUBE WITH VALVLE...

The number of the part is 60030090000, and the price is 17 euro aprox

Hello all, Just back from the land down under, sorry I missed you K2M....

The newest part number for the oil back pressure valve (the offical name) is 60030090300 and has been superseded twice since the above number also requrires two clamps part number 00050226706
The part number for the latest pushrod is 60032054400
list prices are as follows
rod $34.63
valve $23.07
clamps (ea.) $3.46
BTW these parts are on all 2006 models including 950 US version
We will try and get the parts up on the site asap.
Cheers

Don Lemelin screwed with this post 04-13-2006 at 04:45 PM Reason: additional info
Don Lemelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #25
BigMac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
OK, I know what the clutch pushrod is and have installed a steel upgrade in place of the OEM Alloy unit. What, if any, benefit will be provided if I were to upgrade to the latest pushrod?

What the heck is the "oil back pressure valve"? Is this the check ball valve assembly between oil sump and oil pump? If so, what has been changed and what benefit will I enjoy w/said upgrade? If this is not the part, where is this valve located and what exact benefit is it providing? Thanks in advance Don.
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #26
K2m

Oddometer: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lemelin
It was my fault. I should have replied to your e-mail sooner. I have a few industry friends that would have been happy to meet up with you. I had done the homework, but had stuffed up with the communication. I'm sure we will see you down this way again, and if possible try to spend a few days in Sydney. See Ya
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:21 AM   #27
dedes (sas)
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr
Sorry guys but I have to mess up with your conclusions!! I used to have the start up rattling noise at the begining like everybody else in accordance with the low pressure warning light! The rattling stopped at a point with no reason that I know of!! The low pressure warning light used to come out during start up but now blinks very rarely when the motor is really hot. Hope it will be solved with after market Wing pipes (in conjunction with the excesive heat). Lately I had my clutch push rod replaced trying to fix the dragging clutch, with no result!!
Used to have the same rattling when the motor was hot and tried to start up (for example stop for refueling and when you start up....clank clank blinking blinking clank clank..........).
I went to the dealer and they have changed (don't laught i don't know how you call it in English) the breath oil valve. The rattling stoped for about 6000km. Now....is here again......
Old 04-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #28
TipOver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Don Lemelin-On point again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes (sas)
Used to have the same rattling when the motor was hot and tried to start up (for example stop for refueling and when you start up....clank clank blinking blinking clank clank..........).
I went to the dealer and they have changed (don't laught i don't know how you call it in English) the breath oil valve. The rattling stoped for about 6000km. Now....is here again......
Don Lemelin said:

The newest part number for the oil back pressure valve (the offical name) is 60030090300 and has been superseded twice since the above number also requrires two clamps part number 00050226706
The part number for the latest pushrod is 60032054400
list prices are as follows
rod $34.63
valve $23.07
clamps (ea.) $3.46
BTW these parts are on all 2006 models including 950 US version
We will try and get the parts up on the site asap.
Cheers
TipOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #29
Speedzter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
Any update on availabilty of the new clutch pushrod - part# 60032054400 ?
Has anyone seen it yet ? Looking at the 950sm parts fiche, it appears to be a two piece design, with the head seperate to the rod.
Speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #30
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
Clutch rod update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedzter
Any update on availabilty of the new clutch pushrod - part# 60032054400 ?
Has anyone seen it yet ? Looking at the 950sm parts fiche, it appears to be a two piece design, with the head seperate to the rod.
They're out there (I have one in my parts bin). I ordered it about a month ago and just haven't gotten around to installing it. I don't have any clutch problems, so I'm not very motivated to do it. Having too much fun riding it
-cp

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote