ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #2401
Bob Q
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Wish I could join you guys this sun, being a new guy I appreciate the open invite! I hope it comes around again, unfortunately I have to work Sun :(.
Bob Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #2402
goofus
Swamp Yankee 4Life

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
Anyway we could meet up at my place Sunday; late morning? 10am-11am?
Sounds good! Just need a location to meet. I will bringing down the KLX on the back of my Jeep. Question- how is going across the swing bridge with knobby tires? I'm on new D603's and they grab anything... Could meet up in the public lot behind the Goodspeed or the state park parking lot across the river from there.

Unsure how long I can stay, I willed part of the day to my wife to hit another trail in Meshomasic (by foot that is...)

Come to think of it, I'm open to guiding Meshomasic and some cool areas of southern Glastonbury sometime, as well. My house is right at the foot of Meshomasic.
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #2403
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofus View Post
Sounds good! Just need a location to meet. I will bringing down the KLX on the back of my Jeep. Question- how is going across the swing bridge with knobby tires? I'm on new D603's and they grab anything... Could meet up in the public lot behind the Goodspeed or the state park parking lot across the river from there.

Unsure how long I can stay, I willed part of the day to my wife to hit another trail in Meshomasic (by foot that is...)

Come to think of it, I'm open to guiding Meshomasic and some cool areas of southern Glastonbury sometime, as well. My house is right at the foot of Meshomasic.
The bridge is a pucker induced 200 yards on knobs. On the 606's it wasn't so bad. I rode across on mt Beta the first time and almost had a heart attack. You just go with it!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #2404
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK283 View Post
Does anyone know if the section of Shetucket Turnpike is passable, between Molasses / Hazard Rd (RI) to Bassett Mills Rd (CT)? Linkage
I remember that being used in the Saturday dualsport loop at the Thrill and Chill turkey run 2 years ago. I don't remember how far they took it. If they turned or went straight.
I'll try to find the route sheet from that event and give the mileage.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #2405
ctoldie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
[QUOTE=goofus;18820697]Sounds good! Just need a location to meet. I will bringing down the KLX on the back of my Jeep. Question- how is going across the swing bridge with knobby tires? I'm on new D603's and they grab anything... Could meet up in the public lot behind the Goodspeed or the state park parking lot across the river from there.

Come to think of it, I'm open to guiding Meshomasic and some cool areas of southern Glastonbury sometime, as well. My house is right at the foot of Meshomasic.[/QUOTE

Are the trails in Meshomasic legal to ride on?
ctoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #2406
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoldie View Post

whadda you think? everything is legal till you get caught. Used to ride some nice enduros there in the 80's though.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #2407
goofus
Swamp Yankee 4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoldie View Post
There are several long dirt roads, they're fine.

There are a hundred trails. They're not.

Take your calculated risk accordingly.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #2408
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Are you guys riding with Alcontrast tomorrow?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #2409
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,570
So anyone looking to do a smaller bike ride in my area (Chester / Haddam/East Haddam tomorrow we can meet at my place (just send me a PM for the address) 10:30-11am.. Plan to head out by 11am.. If you are hauling a bike over plan to get here by 10:30 or so so there's time to unload and suit up.. The weather is looking good as of now.. It looks to be Mrt10x, goofus, ctktm, myself, and maybe we'll find a happy seal in the woods somewhere..

btw, I don't really have a plan aside form doing the 30 or so miles I did last week, perhaps mix some other stuff in here and there..

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #2410
goofus
Swamp Yankee 4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
I am. Looking forward to meeting up!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #2411
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
Still waiting for a time and place.. I think 1100 at that church? next to Al's place.. but if he needs to work on his bike to get it ready for next week I plan on heading over to Arcadia/Pachaug to try out the Rekluse and Scotts.

Edit: well there you go
Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #2412
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Still waiting for a time and place.. I think 1100 at that church? next to Al's place.. but if he needs to work on his bike to get it ready for next week I plan on heading over to Arcadia/Pachaug to try out the Rekluse and Scotts.

Edit: well there you go
Bring the Husi down here, we'll break in the REKLUSE!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #2413
ctoldie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
[QUOTE=Rusty Rocket;18822793] whadda you think? everything is legal till you get caught. Used to ride some nice enduros there in the 80's though.[/QUOT

The Salmon River put on by the Salmon River County Riders. It was best when Jesse Hills was the trail boss. It was my second favorite right behind the Black and Blue.
ctoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #2414
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Hate to do it but I gotta bail.. I need to stick closer to Newport this morning.. a couple of Marines seem to have over indulged last night and I may need to deal with the police dept. I wont know for a couple more hours and I cant be 90 miles away if I need to head into work. Normally I have several people that could handle this but we are between schools right now and most of my staff are on leave or travel. If it all clears up I am going to head over to Pachaug around 1300 to 1400 and ride some of the stuff over there.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #2415
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,579
I'd gladly join the group, but I have to go paint a house. My goal is to finish by July 10th. The hardest part (by far) is the scraping and priming. Hopefully, I can finish that part today.

Have fun.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote