ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #2686
stromper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
MY VT trip was good

Went up East side of QUabbin and over French King to Green River Road and road dirt to Wilmington VT

Then straight up 100 to Bethel, VT Rt 100 was crowded going both ways and my companion was NOT comfortable passing enough to make good time.

I came home down 12 to 106, 35 etc which had less traffic and I would recommend for VT travelers

Screwed up and went through Brattleboro should have taken east/west-middle rd and crossed on rt9

Cross into NH to get some aerial 7/4 celebrations then down 78 and home same way

475 in 11 hours

Best of luck in Colorado, My brother is at an MC rally but not sure where
stromper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #2687
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,194
Ok ..so back to the riding.. I called all the campgrounds listed on the Berkshire ride thread and they have Zero availabilty for this weekend. Prospect mountain campground, where we stayed for the ride can give us three tent spots on the same road we stayed on.. but farther up the road. They are $33 bucks a night.. which is steep.. and makes me wonder if I owe anyone any money for the Berkshire ride So I need to get an who is thinking about joining us? Alcontrast, mrt10x, rhodehazard seem to be in for sure.. anyone else? Going to have to pull the trigger on this pretty quick. I searched Tolland State park and I couldnt find two spots together anywhere in July.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #2688
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Ok ..so back to the riding.. I called all the campgrounds listed on the Berkshire ride thread and they have Zero availabilty for this weekend. Prospect mountain campground, where we stayed for the ride can give us three tent spots on the same road we stayed on.. but farther up the road. They are $33 bucks a night.. which is steep.. and makes me wonder if I owe anyone any money for the Berkshire ride So I need to get an who is thinking about joining us? Alcontrast, mrt10x, rhodehazard seem to be in for sure.. anyone else? Going to have to pull the trigger on this pretty quick. I searched Tolland State park and I couldnt find two spots together anywhere in July.
If you guys could push it up a weekend or two, where we stopped during the BBA may be available. Im just not available this weekend, have a friend coming into town & need to pick him up @ JFK on Friday night.

It would be free..
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #2689
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,156
Quote:
I was planning on it..And just after reading Rustys post I called a couple camgrounds also..Woodford VT has some space could ride the Berkshires Sat. and southern VT Sunday..??.there are a few good events later in July ..
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #2690
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-ktm View Post
I was planning on it..And just after reading Rustys post I called a couple camgrounds also..Woodford VT has some space could ride the Berkshires Sat. and southern VT Sunday..??.there are a few good events later in July ..
for this weekend or the weekend of the 6th 7th?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #2691
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

They had space for this weekend.I can do either...
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #2692
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
They had space for this weekend.I can do either...
Well Al was good for the 7th and it looks like Chris could make it then, I would prefer that weekend as well.. question is, is Rusty up for it that weekend..and does he understand how slow myself and rhodehazard ride
Old 06-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #2693
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

I will watch the weather next week..
Anybody riding tomorrow around noon.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #2694
RhodeHazard
ex halligan hooligan

Oddometer: 655
I am hosting a family reunion on the 7th. If I can create an identical replica of myself out of soap in time, I will be able to go.

Quote:
Well Al was good for the 7th and it looks like Chris could make it then, I would prefer that weekend as well.. question is, is Rusty up for it that weekend..and does he understand how slow myself and rhodehazard ride
RhodeHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #2695
stromper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Ride what where on Friday 6/29
stromper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #2696
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeHazard View Post
I am hosting a family reunion on the 7th. If I can create an identical replica of myself out of soap in time, I will be able to go.
damit
Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #2697
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,732
I'm completely out for this weekend and next. Then Thrill and Chill is the following weekend.

You'se guys have the route sheet. I've ridden that course to death lately anyway.

I used to have a trailer in a campground in Otis. Laurel Ridge. Check there for avail campsites. This is weird because the 4TH falls on a Wed and that makes both weekends a possible to connect as a five days off in a row, so campgrounds will be pretty full both weekends.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #2698
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
I'm completely out for this weekend and next. Then Thrill and Chill is the following weekend.
That puts you in the Fall for avalibilty..

Hey russ I missed last CCC ride and the next one is the same day as Thril and Chill..I am planning on hitting the Thrill and Chill.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #2699
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromper View Post
Ride what where on Friday 6/29
Dualsport...anywhere..
Old 06-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #2700
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
That puts you in the Fall for avalibilty..

Hey russ I missed last CCC ride and the next one is the same day as Thril and Chill..I am planning on hitting the Thrill and Chill.
What is the thrill and chill like? hard corps race kick your ass riding? what is the general route?