ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #2806
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Matt told you the Feltzer valve was the problem!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #2807
mulderdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Sunday's Ride
Thanks Al and all. Great ride. got a some confidence next I'll work on some finesse !
Hated to cut out early but the now installed AC makes it seem like a good plan.
Best.
mulderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #2808
Cobia235
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Yikes! looks like my XR when I bought it! I'll tell you what the guy at the machine shop said when I brought the head in. "Your gonna open the bottom right? cause guess were all that black crap went!." My response, Um yea I guess so. I have a case splitting tool if you need it. Just let me know. Best of Luck Cobia.

[QUOTE=cheesebot;19083235]Uh, so now you've got nothing to ride?

Anyway, not to muck this thread up much more with the DRZ tragedy but since I've got everything apart now I'll post an update:

Got the head the rest of the way off and took some time to examine the underside...

Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #2809
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,571
thanks for coming out Mulderdog! It was a nice surprise when you rolled in on that dr350; good to see you back in the dirt! You and KTM350 (Sean? I seriously suck at names) missed some "fun" powerlines and we ran into these guys ( http://www.overlandexperts.com/ ) giving some 4x4's a training session too.. I tried to pitch them my idea of adding a small contingent of dual sport bikes to their overseas overland trips, with myself as the guide for the bike group but I don't think the guy was all that interested... I still think it's a good idea though!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #2810
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
thanks for coming out Mulderdog! It was a nice surprise when you rolled in on that dr350; good to see you back in the dirt! You and KTM350 (Sean? I seriously suck at names) missed some "fun" powerlines and we ran into these guys ( http://www.overlandexperts.com/ ) giving some 4x4's a training session too.. I tried to pitch them my idea of adding a small contingent of dual sport bikes to their overseas overland trips, with myself as the guide for the bike group but I don't think the guy was all that interested... I still think it's a good idea though!
Those are the guys I was telling you about Al. One guy was running toward me as fast as he could and I just sat there thinking OK, I'm busted, shit! And then they all came through.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #2811
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,571
yeah, they're based out of East Haddam, my mom knows the owner a bit since she works at the private school his kid goes to. OEX have a pretty cool thing going on. I just think it's about time they added some bikes.....

PS: How's the wrist?

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #2812
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
yeah, they're based out of East Haddam, my mom knows the owner a bit since she works at the private school his kid goes to. OEX have a pretty cool thing going on. I just think it's about time they added some bikes.....

PS: How's the wrist?
Was swimming today! Last night I couldn't spoon a rear tire = not strong enough yet. It's getting there! Can't wait! I'm missing some prime riding!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #2813
Hurricane Bob
formerly: Bomber1965

Oddometer: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post

Last night I couldn't spoon a rear tire.....

..your doing it wrong....

Hurricane Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #2814
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Mrs Trip and I took their course a few years ago. Pretty cool, you can drive their Land Cruisers and Rovers or bring your own 4x4. They have a training course set up with rock gardens and mud pits, plus they use the army(?) reserve base nearby. Never went on one of their trips though...too rich for my blood. They have an arrangement to use some Icelandic super-cruisers...lifted and huge balloon tires...usually tourists only get a ride, they don't rent them to just anyone.

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #2815
RhodeHazard
ex halligan hooligan

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
Mrs Trip and I took their course a few years ago. Pretty cool, you can drive their Land Cruisers and Rovers or bring your own 4x4. They have a training course set up with rock gardens and mud pits, plus they use the army(?) reserve base nearby. Never went on one of their trips though...too rich for my blood. They have an arrangement to use some Icelandic super-cruisers...lifted and huge balloon tires...usually tourists only get a ride, they don't rent them to just anyone.
I know Bruce from my Land Rover days and a good friend of mine joined one of his Icelandic adventures. They drove the glaciers all day and sat in natural hot springs and enjoyed wonderful meals at night.

He does have a good thing going.
RhodeHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #2816
Bob Q
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Great ride! thanks for leading us Alcontrast, we have a pretty good loop to ride! hope to do it again soon! good to meet the new guys and see mrt10x in our neck of the woods.

Hey alcontrast, parts are on the way thanks for the links.

Hey Mrt10x, got the software upgraded, purchased I video, I ordered the tail light, ordered the led blinkers, ... I am starting to see a pattern here.

Thanks again

Bob
Bob Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #2817
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Q View Post
Great ride! thanks for leading us Alcontrast, we have a pretty good loop to ride! hope to do it again soon! good to meet the new guys and see mrt10x in our neck of the woods.

Hey alcontrast, parts are on the way thanks for the links.

Hey Mrt10x, got the software upgraded, purchased I video, I ordered the tail light, ordered the led blinkers, ... I am starting to see a pattern here.

Thanks again

Bob
Ride, buy, fix, ride, wash, ride, buy, ride , wash!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #2818
jgormley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Reloaded....

2010 Yamaha WR250R Dual Sport
5500 miles (mostly street miles)
FMF Power Bomb header
FMF Q4 exhaust
FMF Power Commander
Yamalink lowering link
Zeta Handguards with integral turn signals
Seat Concepts aftermarket seat
Moose foot pegs
Moose polished skid plate
New Michelin T63 tires

jgormley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #2819
p_funk
Frequently Lost

Oddometer: 416
Man I was working at Goodspeed Opera House yesterday, had the roof hatch popped listening for you guys. I overheard one of the carpenters say he called the cops on some dirtbike that was ripping around on the street. I thought I heard him say it got towed. None of you I assume? I figure someone would've mentioned it. Congrats on the new bike, I've been looking at those all day trying to psyche myself up to get one. That 250X is damn pretty too...
AMA#2890779
NETRA#24973

2003 XR650R, 2008 Yamaha WR250R, 2003 SV1000N, 2014 FZ-09
p_funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #2820
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
pictures or it didnt happen and get rid of that lowering link