ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #3031
MATPOC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 735
I want to do the PDR again this year, before I burn up the knobbies. I just need to get a damn GPS capable of following waypoints.

Dinner at Long Trail was a treat, so was riding in the rain, taking dirt road back to Silver Lake Camp after feeeew cold ones :)
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #3032
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
Ok, so basically, it sounds like we need to get a group together next year and head up, Rhody style. One of the locals gave me some day rides out of Townshend, and we did some riding in the Green Mountains National Forest, too. I found some great roads in Western MA after the stop at the gas station in Greenfield. I bet they're part of the Trans-MA...super fun on a fully loaded and not-yet-broken-in DRZ.
Where can I find out more about the PDR? (what does that stand for)

I have never heard of it.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #3033
fizzerfz1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post

PDR-->PUPPY DOG ROUTE, VT similar to Trans Mass Trail

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=PUPPY

fizzerfz1 screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 02:38 PM
fizzerfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #3034
ctoldie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Pdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post

PDR is Puppy Dog Route. Southern section starts in Greenfield, MA (Green River Road area) and ends
at Silver Lake Campground. I recently rode it using a route sheet thanks to madrivermaz. Northern section
starts at Silver Lake, and ends in Northern VT, but it slips my mind as to where.
I think the transmass is a better ride imho.
ctoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #3035
p_funk
Frequently Lost

Oddometer: 405
More Info on the PDR and some TMAT action.

Both are definitely big bike friendly as long as you don't deviate. I know they just re-did the PDR routes but they've been GS passed since.
AMA#2890779
NETRA#24973

2003 XR650R, 2008 Yamaha WR250R, 2003 SV1000N
p_funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #3036
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,268
Thanks, I had heard of the puppy dog route. I just didn't remember it. I guess I should do Trans Mass first. since it's closer. Find out if it's what I'm looking for.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #3037
MATPOC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 735
PDR consists of Maintained Dirt roads the ones people live on, you can drive the whole route in a sports car, we passed a Camaro and a CBRxxxRR lat time around, no reason why it can't be done on any bike, just got to go slow-er
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #3038
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,074
i did the most of the PDR 2-up for my honeymoon. It was a very scenic route - with lots of jump offs to some nice wife type stuff- vineyards, farms, breweries, restaurants, b&bs.... ect....

I also have a rustic camp right off the lower section in wardsboro. if anyone wants to stay the night they are more then welcome to set-up a tent anytime - just pm me for details [directions and/or coordinates].

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #3039
SKJ
The Canary

Oddometer: 111
Thumb Twisted Rides

Hello Fellow Riders!

I will be starting "Sunday Rides" The meeting place (*start point*) will be here at Twisted Throttle. 570 Nooseneck Hill Rd Exeter RI 02822. There will be coffee, Water, Donuts. Every Sunday Ride will get better and better as I will have more ideas and input from other riders / staff. I want to get a Map up + a computer where we can upload / download GPX files of trails you all have done.
Sunday Rides are not only going to be fore Twisted groups but I want to push other groups and riders on here that are local to have this be a start point. This will just bring the ADV community closer and new adventures will begin. Let me know what you all think about this. Shoot an e-mail to me at ShawnJ@twistedthrottle.com for some ideas.

See You Out There!
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #3040
ctoldie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted$hawn View Post
Hello Fellow Riders!

I will be starting "Sunday Rides" The meeting place (*start point*) will be here at Twisted Throttle. 570 Nooseneck Hill Rd Exeter RI 02822. There will be coffee, Water, Donuts. Every Sunday Ride will get better and better as I will have more ideas and input from other riders / staff. I want to get a Map up + a computer where we can upload / download GPX files of trails you all have done.
Sunday Rides are not only going to be fore Twisted groups but I want to push other groups and riders on here that are local to have this be a start point. This will just bring the ADV community closer and new adventures will begin. Let me know what you all think about this. Shoot an e-mail to me at ShawnJ@twistedthrottle.com for some ideas.

See You Out There!
Hi Shawn:

Big bike friendly or not?
ctoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #3041
SKJ
The Canary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoldie View Post
Hi Shawn:

Big bike friendly or not?

Very Friendly. One of our Twisted dudes rides a 2012 Tiger 800xc. We are going to adapt rides to the bikes. I want to try and compile as many GPX files / maps as possible to get the best match for riders and their bikes.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #3042
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
I want to get a Map up + a computer where we can upload / download GPX files of trails you all have done.
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but we've had this discussion before. I don't see how it benefits us to post this info on the internet or wherever, just increasing traffic, complaints, and potential closures. One of the great things about this group is that everyone is welcome to participate in a responsible manner. I've never seen anyone we ride with act otherwise. Maybe because they have been forced to exhibit the minimal social skills required to actually meet up and tag along.

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #3043
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:

Hello Fellow Riders!

........There will be coffee, Water, Donuts. Every Sunday......

See You Out There!

Quote:
My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the South Street Seaport everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.

...sorry, couldn't help myself....

....great idea with the meet up at Twisted, lots of trouble-free parking for the trailer dudes and dudettes....
bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #3044
SKJ
The Canary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post

...sorry, couldn't help myself....

....great idea with the meet up at Twisted, lots of trouble-free parking for the trailer dudes and dudettes....

I love it! Yeah that was one of the reason. We have plenty of parking for up to as many as 50+ trailers .
Old 08-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #3045
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Hello Fellow Riders!

See You Out There!
Can my bike be a beta-test platform for all the new Twisted Throttle functional farkles? Course, they would all be loktited on so they would have to go home with me!