ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #3151
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
I would be concerned with either my drz or my husa passing the DB test. I bought a DB sensor from amazon and both seemed to exceed the 96 db level. However, I do not know if was doing the test properly. I will be riding this weekend, somewhere. Cheese/Lil the DRZ is certainly available, and we could put the stock exhaust back on in about 20 minutes probably... could also put the stock back on the Husa as well... but I might need an extra set of hands on Sat to get it done. If not I will probably be out riding the easier parts of Pachaug on sat or sunday...annoying the wildlife with my loud exhaust.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #3152
jgormley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
If not I will probably be out riding the easier parts of Pachaug on sat or sunday...annoying the wildlife with my loud exhaust.

If you ride Sat or Sunday.. I can join you...
I have to be in New Bedford Sunday night..and Somer's is too much for that day..
jgormley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #3153
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,580
Quote:
I would be concerned with either my drz or my husa passing the DB test. I bought a DB sensor from amazon and both seemed to exceed the 96 db level. However, I do not know if was doing the test properly. I will be riding this weekend, somewhere. Cheese/Lil the DRZ is certainly available, and we could put the stock exhaust back on in about 20 minutes probably... could also put the stock back on the Husa as well... but I might need an extra set of hands on Sat to get it done. If not I will probably be out riding the easier parts of Pachaug on sat or sunday...annoying the wildlife with my loud exhaust.
They hold the meter 3 - 4 feet away, directly to the side, and rev the engine to approximately 1/2 throttle.

If you're serious about going, you should. If you skip the hero sections, pretty much ANY bike can do it. You'll be fine. Good tires are always a plus, it tends to get greasy in some spots after 100 dirtbikes go through. This isn't a race either. There's no timekeeping, winners or losers, just a ride.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #3154
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 559
Honestly, I've never seen anyone turned away for failing the sound test at one of these events. I think they have to do it to apease the DEP. If you show up with a MX bike with a headlite and a plate zipped tied to the fender, yeah you might have a problem. But with a legal bike plated and your paper work, I doubt you'll have anything to worry about.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #3155
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewha View Post
Honestly, I've never seen anyone turned away for failing the sound test at one of these events. I think they have to do it to apease the DEP. If you show up with a MX bike with a headlite and a plate zipped tied to the fender, yeah you might have a problem. But with a legal bike plated and your paper work, I doubt you'll have anything to worry about.
At HitH, they "couldn't" do sound check because it was 'raining' in the early morning.

I was a little apprehensive going to that first enduro at HitH, but after I got to the desk and had 15 people ask me if I was sure I wanted to do it on my DRZ, I was stoked

I had a ton of fun, and am planning to go back for the adv ride in sept. Im not sure how I was missing out on this for so long! I would strongly encourage anyone considering going to any kind of organized event to do it! Its so much fun!
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #3156
SKJ
The Canary

Oddometer: 111
Wednesday Pachaug Fun!

Hey guys!

Twisted Throttle Bike Night this wednesday! If anyone is interested we will be leaving Twisted around 5:20. Hope to see you guys there! Got some GoPros this time to get some video. We would love to have some fun and get some cool shots of some tech spots on the trail.

Shawn
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #3157
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted$hawn View Post
Hey guys!

Got some GoPros this time to get some video. We would love to have some fun and get some cool shots of some tech spots on the trail.

Shawn

Unless you want to add to the collection of cameras lost at Pachaug, you might want to add a few lanyards made from fishing leaders.

bomber1965 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #3158
jxg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it matt. my husky is definetly louder than your Husa, and it passes.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #3159
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
My drz would probably be under the noise limit but I'd hate to go up and get turned away!
My f650 may not be rideable for the weekend. The rear wheel sprocket carrier bearings disintegrated on
me last week. New parts are ordered though...
Sledstrom posted if anyone has troubles passing to let him know!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #3160
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Both bikes would pass as is! I'de put money on it.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #3161
GSYETI
Roads?

Oddometer: 46
Somers Big Bike

RhodeHazard, I'll be there on my 950 Adventure.
GSYETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:07 AM   #3162
RhodeHazard
ex halligan hooligan

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSYETI View Post
RhodeHazard, I'll be there on my 950 Adventure.
Awesome! ExJake will be there as well on his GS.
RhodeHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #3163
stromper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Are you just riding up and riding etc. on the big bikes ?

If so what are logistics ?
stromper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #3164
SKJ
The Canary

Oddometer: 111
Cry My Best Friend

Hey everyone...
This is not easy at all. Monday Night around 5:30 Dereck from Twisted Throttle and some of you have gone riding with us in Pachaug (he was the guy on the Tiger 800xc) Was hit and killed while on his way home from work. He was hit buy a Male that ran the red light and he was killed instantly. We are all in shock. Something like this should not happen to anyone but especially to this great guy. He is my best friend, coworker, family. If anyone has any questions or wants to send there prayers to his family e-mail me shawnj@twistedthrottle.com and I will be sure to pass it along. Rest In Peace Dereck.. Love you!

-Shawn
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #3165
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,580
Man, that's horrible. Sorry for your loss. I know it doesn't help the can't and friends, but I hope that cager does at least a couple years jail time. So senseless.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote