ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #3421
SKJ
The Canary

Oddometer: 111
Hey buddy!,
Is there anything I can help you with?

-Shawn
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #3422
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
I just put the OEM clutch back in incorrectly.. here is the question I posted over at ThumperTalk and here in the thumper forum.. I am sure I just messed something simple up.. I will take a look at it again tomorrow...

So in an attempt to solve my Rekluse clutch issues, annoying drag, I screwed up a part of the clutch. No big deal, I will order the part next week, but in the meantime I tried to put the OEM clutch back in. The Husaberg maint manual I have is frustratingly sparse on instructions for this area and I have screwed something up. I can get the bike in neutral, but when in gear, pulling the clutch lever has no effect. I feel resistance, the clutch lever feels normal, but it is not disengaging the clutch. Does this make sense? Any maint experts out there saying "you dumbsh#t it is so obvious what you have done."

I put the OEM clutch basket back in, replaced the Rekluse steels with the OEM steels.. starting with a friction, then the tempered steel, the alternated friction,, steel,,etc. Replaced the main nut lock washer.. replaced the clutch nut,, bent up the tabs to hold it in place, put the OEM throw out back in, replaced the pressure plate and then put the four clutch springs back in place.. I think I screwed up the clutch springs somehow??

Here is a link to the parts fiche if that helps...
http://www.ams4ktm.co.uk/category/10...591&fiche=5625
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #3423
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I just put the OEM clutch back in incorrectly.. here is the question I posted over at ThumperTalk and here in the thumper forum.. I am sure I just messed something simple up.. I will take a look at it again tomorrow...

So in an attempt to solve my Rekluse clutch issues, annoying drag, I screwed up a part of the clutch. No big deal, I will order the part next week, but in the meantime I tried to put the OEM clutch back in. The Husaberg maint manual I have is frustratingly sparse on instructions for this area and I have screwed something up. I can get the bike in neutral, but when in gear, pulling the clutch lever has no effect. I feel resistance, the clutch lever feels normal, but it is not disengaging the clutch. Does this make sense? Any maint experts out there saying "you dumbsh#t it is so obvious what you have done."

I put the OEM clutch basket back in, replaced the Rekluse steels with the OEM steels.. starting with a friction, then the tempered steel, the alternated friction,, steel,,etc. Replaced the main nut lock washer.. replaced the clutch nut,, bent up the tabs to hold it in place, put the OEM throw out back in, replaced the pressure plate and then put the four clutch springs back in place.. I think I screwed up the clutch springs somehow??

Here is a link to the parts fiche if that helps...
http://www.ams4ktm.co.uk/category/10...591&fiche=5625
Matt, check your application chart or Rekluse manual. I had to use only 6 frictions w/ the Rekluse, Stock is 7 or 8 (cant remember) But that would certainly throw off the gap = something to look at anyway!
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #3424
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
Matt, check your application chart or Rekluse manual. I had to use only 6 frictions w/ the Rekluse, Stock is 7 or 8 (cant remember) But that would certainly throw off the gap = something to look at anyway!
Yeah the problem with the Rekluse was i used a .48 steel where I should have used a .40 steel.. I just put all the steels and frictions I had back in the OEM reinstall.. I assumed they all came out I will count them tomorrow. I honestly think i screwed up the springs somehow...
Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #3425
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
well I am out for tomorrow... I screwed up the Husaberg today trying to fix my dragging Rekluse clutch,,, and now I cant get the OEM clutch back in because I am tired and pissed..

You don't wanna give the DRZ any love, or did you sell it?
bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #3426
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Q View Post
Sorry it got screwed up! I got word that Mrt was out and was at a party, so I did not know that anyone was still in, so made plans with some local guys. Sorry about that :(
No sweat; will ride local...till next time, then.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #3427
Happy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstitches View Post
No sweat; will ride local...till next time, then.
Tom, Shoot me a pm when your looking for a ride! I'de be happy to host you around if you want to come down towards the shore. It's pretty shore. It's sucks not having someone to go out with!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #3428
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Tom, Shoot me a pm when your looking for a ride! I'de be happy to host you around if you want to come down towards the shore. It's pretty shore. It's sucks not having someone to go out with!
Thanks man!

I tried to help a pal who has a Gopro and upload one of his vids he took in an enduro.... not that I know anything about gopros. But I learned by doing, and while it took forever to convert on my lame computer, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3AvpVtRGms&feature=plcp

http://youtu.be/XboxjDIwcu8
Old 09-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #3429
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,793
below video on youtube...click the share button....then click the embed button that shows up......copy and paste that embed link to forum....and nobody appears to like that youtube stabilizer image thingy.

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #3430
Happy Seal

What's the music?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #3431
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
I'm back form my second northern VT camping and big bike riding weekend in a row so I'll be looking to get some trail time in on the DRZ the next few weeks. I need to prepare myself for the Pachaug Halloween camp-n-ride coming up!

Bob and Mr Seal, I'll be in touch about sneaking in local (to us) rides sometime soon. Anyone else (Biken, MrT, etc) that wants to come out towards the CT river area for a ride sometime send one of us a PM.

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #3432
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
What's the music?
The Riverboat Song by Ocean Color Scene
I Am The Highway by Audioslave
She by Green Day

The cover band I was in played those songs.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #3433
Happy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstitches View Post
The Riverboat Song by Ocean Color Scene
I Am The Highway by Audioslave
She by Green Day

The cover band I was in played those songs.
Never heard that first song = not bad!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #3434
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

So an upate on the mrt10x sucks at wrenching thread.. and this may piss some folks off even more since I ruined the Sunday morning ride.... but I had the OEM clutch put back in just fine. Called Cliffs KTM up in MA, where I bought the bike, and they reminded me that these Bergs have notoriously sticky/stiff clutches.. told me to check for air bubbles in the hydraulic clutch first.. but there were none.. then I pulled the clutch basket apart again just to make sure I had everything in place.. I did... put the bike in neutral.. let it warm up.. popped it into first gear,, ,it did the normal small leap forward, that I had forgotten about over the last couple of months riding with the Rekluse,,,, and then settled right down... works like a charm.. so bottom line.. I could have ridden on Sunday morning.. Sorry about that. On a side note, just riding up and down the street with the OEM clutch back in convinced me to fix the Rekluse and get it back in there
Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #3435
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
So an upate on the mrt10x sucks at wrenching thread.. and this may piss some folks off even more since I ruined the Sunday morning ride.... but I had the OEM clutch put back in just fine. Called Cliffs KTM up in MA, where I bought the bike, and they reminded me that these Bergs have notoriously sticky/stiff clutches.. told me to check for air bubbles in the hydraulic clutch first.. but there were none.. then I pulled the clutch basket apart again just to make sure I had everything in place.. I did... put the bike in neutral.. let it warm up.. popped it into first gear,, ,it did the normal small leap forward, that I had forgotten about over the last couple of months riding with the Rekluse,,,, and then settled right down... works like a charm.. so bottom line.. I could have ridden on Sunday morning.. Sorry about that. On a side note, just riding up and down the street with the OEM clutch back in convinced me to fix the Rekluse and get it back in there

Ill sell you a DRZ that you likely couldn't outride and (probably) won't break like all this super expensive stuff you keep doing to that husa

probably cost around what you've got into/going into total on the rekluse setup
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote